Please Help - Resolution/FPS Issue

Ereborindle
1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
When I first had the game it ran fine, until (I believe my Nvidia graphics card updated) and somehow messed up my settings. The window now starts smaller, and upon being resized, the Origin notification bar in the bottom right is smaller than usual. When starting a game, the globe in the loading screen is zoomed out from before, and when I get into my game my graphics are different from before, no matter the changes I make. When it first happened, I reinstalled and it fixed, however on the newest Nvidia card update (411.70) these unusual settings were reinstated, dropping my FPS. upon reinstalling, these settings still exist and my efforts to revert them have done nothing to fix it.

Comments

• Rainerdaniel
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When I first had the game it ran fine, until (I believe my Nvidia graphics card updated) and somehow messed up my settings. The window now starts smaller, and upon being resized, the Origin notification bar in the bottom right is smaller than usual. When starting a game, the globe in the loading screen is zoomed out from before, and when I get into my game my graphics are different from before, no matter the changes I make. When it first happened, I reinstalled and it fixed, however on the newest Nvidia card update (411.70) these unusual settings were reinstated, dropping my FPS. upon reinstalling, these settings still exist and my efforts to revert them have done nothing to fix it.

Revert the driver, use DDU and install 411.63 again, some users in Nvidia forum are complaining about it and having problems with BF1, including me
  • Ereborindle
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Revert the driver, use DDU and install 411.63 again, some users in Nvidia forum are complaining about it and having problems with BF1, including me

How would I do this? Would I uninstall my drivers using DDU then reinstall them though the Nvidia Geforce Experience program?
  • Rainerdaniel
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Uninstall from control panel the driver normally, reboot in safe mode, use DDU and DDU will restart for you in normal mode again and install the driver
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When installing drivers for a graphics card ALWAYS do a clean install, never use express install. Yeah it takes a lot longer and you will have to set all your preferences up again but you won't run into near as many problems.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't listen people who told you to revert to oldest drivers, period.