so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully DICE releases a second open beta with all of the changes they mentioned, I don't want to take their word for it either I want to see all of the changes for myself before the game launches, and especially not from some paid bias youtubers.

I love the Battlefield franchise but I hope it gets more chaotic, I feel like their also needs to be some balance changes for grand operations.

BFV is already half-doomed, why don't they go totally crazy with it and put 120players in game no meter how servers will handle it etc, and slap some Hollywood movies ww2 themed maps for full release and start patching from there.
    Pubg was unplayable mess with 100 players first year now it have 1.2 mill players on pc every day. They even made recoil and gunplay in 1.5 year of patching one of best that any fps game had till now if not best. They caught more cheaters than all other game combined with simple video replay.
    Frostbite is much better engine and can handle more players, if noshahr canals TDM could handle 64 players without problem why not put chaos in bfv.
    Hopefully DICE releases a second open beta with all of the changes they mentioned, I don't want to take their word for it either I want to see all of the changes for myself before the game launches, and especially not from some paid bias youtubers.

I love the Battlefield franchise but I hope it gets more chaotic, I feel like their also needs to be some balance changes for grand operations.

BFV is already half-doomed, why don't they go totally crazy with it and put 120players in game no meter how servers will handle it etc, and slap some Hollywood movies ww2 themed maps for full release and start patching from there.
    Pubg was unplayable mess with 100 players first year now it have 1.2 mill players on pc every day. They even made recoil and gunplay in 1.5 year of patching one of best that any fps game had till now if not best. They caught more cheaters than all other game combined with simple video replay.
    Frostbite is much better engine and can handle more players, if noshahr canals TDM could handle 64 players without problem why not put chaos in bfv.

PUBG is drawing only a third as many players as it did early this year (when it hit a peak of 3.3. million concurrent players, now it's 1.1 million peak with an average of 550,000. They've been banning over a million accounts per month because the game is infested with cheaters thanks to PUBG's bargain-basement client-side design--in the past two weeks I've had eight confirmations that a PUBG player I reported has been banned. PUBG's death-cam/replay is notoriously buggy and results in many hackusations because it doesn't reliably show what happened, e.g. the shooter's aim is usually far behind a moving target, his weapon appears to have no recoil, etc. PUBG's developers have acknowledged that they are rebuilding their game from the ground up bit by bit thanks to the problems caused by the original "spaghetti code". It looks like they are finally going to put in a meaningful region lock to deal with the out-of-region lag and massive hack use originating in China (where the majority of the game's players now are) which they promised half a year ago. They've made improvements, but everyone I play with is still waiting to see how BF V runs because of how buggy and cheat-infested PUBG still is. Maybe DICE can pick up some good design features from PUBG, but when it comes to how well an online shooter can run, BF4 was already better than PUBG half a decade ago.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    biotek7 wrote: »
    I think that BFV is a good step in the right direction for getting the franchise back on track, gameplay wise. If we don't support it when they do something right then it may end up going back the other direction. Just because it isn't my ideal Battlefield game yet doesn't mean it isn't worth the "investment" to get there.

Rather than pre-ordering I've decided to go with the Origin Access Premier. So many options for one price...

As much as I want to support the game when they include features I've advocated in the past, attrition and fortifications I still come back to the state of the servers in BF1 and don't see how they will be any different in BF5 however awesome everything else gets and there has been zero talk about this.

Just curious about what all issues you have with the BF1 servers?. I always have packet loss in my experience because there's like 10+ people that are out of region lagging it up for everyone else with 150+ server latency or whatever it is and it's been even higher lately being 180+ I wish Brasil, Italy, Asia, and KSA players could be barred from joining U.S. servers because they're the worst offenders of lag, I strictly stick to U.S. East because I don't want to even go into the yellow.

Other issues I have is complete garbage match balance, oh half your team left? Let's just put all of the newer players joining on the opposite team that needs more players.
  • StormSaxon
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that BFV is a good step in the right direction for getting the franchise back on track, gameplay wise. If we don't support it when they do something right then it may end up going back the other direction. Just because it isn't my ideal Battlefield game yet doesn't mean it isn't worth the "investment" to get there.

Rather than pre-ordering I've decided to go with the Origin Access Premier. So many options for one price...

As much as I want to support the game when they include features I've advocated in the past, attrition and fortifications I still come back to the state of the servers in BF1 and don't see how they will be any different in BF5 however awesome everything else gets and there has been zero talk about this.

Just curious about what all issues you have with the BF1 servers?. I always have packet loss in my experience because there's like 10+ people that are out of region lagging it up for everyone else with 150+ server latency or whatever it is and it's been even higher lately being 180+ I wish Brasil, Italy, Asia, and KSA players could be barred from joining U.S. servers because they're the worst offenders of lag, I strictly stick to U.S. East because I don't want to even go into the yellow.

Other issues I have is complete garbage match balance, oh half your team left? Let's just put all of the newer players joining on the opposite team that needs more players.

I’m in Asia, most of mybsquad are based in Asia... though one is in Scotland. So one of us or most of us have to be out of region
  • von_Campenstein
    6554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Mostly I don't even get icons I just move very jerky getting stuck and unstuck on clear paths and I see others doing the same, my targets being the most bothersome with my gun also not moving into position equally smooth every time, without even being suppressed. It's obviously worse with a lot of pingers around and a pingcap could help solve that but it's also in effect when there are few pingers around leading me to believe people might be spiking when I'm not looking at the score. If I do get a sign it's warning latency variation or very rarely low fps and then the severe server performance at the end of a game.

It wasn't always like this and think they should add a disclaimer to their requirements taking into account what the final product probably will require not just what you can run the initial build on. Not being able to run a game at the same level over less than 2 years, that's just bad all over.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PUBG's developers have acknowledged that they are rebuilding their game from the ground up bit by bit thanks to the problems caused by the original "spaghetti code". It looks like they are finally going to put in a meaningful region lock to deal with the out-of-region lag and massive hack use originating in China (where the majority of the game's players now are) which they promised half a year ago. They've made improvements, but everyone I play with is still waiting to see how BF V runs because of how buggy and cheat-infested PUBG still is. Maybe DICE can pick up some good design features from PUBG, but when it comes to how well an online shooter can run, BF4 was already better than PUBG half a decade ago.

I agree.
    Gunplay is fun, and some mechanics are great but it is just improved dayz with **** netcode.
    I wouldn't be here waiting for BFV to get out if i am sold on bugp, if pubg has netcode and engine from BF3 that can handle 64p on Noshahr TDM mayhem than it would be great BR game.
    BF is totally different game with constant action and that is why it is my favorite. You can play alone or with friends and have fun.
    While playing pubg alone is boring as hell.
  • opsis_1
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No..they haven't shown us anything impressive yet. The Bf1942 demo was more impressive ffs.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    The more you hear about RDR2, the more this game is going to wither away faster than anything. They have promised a bunch of changes. If they dont have another beta before release there is no way people on the fence with this game are going to buy it. They can promise anything. I need to see it before I put my money down. A shame they could have ironed out these problems months ago. Same baloney over and over in the gaming industry.

Being a big BF fan and owning every title since BC1 (except HL), for me BFV is going to get lost in the shuffle of great games releasing these last few months of the year.

I grew to like the beta but it just wasnt enough. Conversely Blackouts beta had me throwing money at the screen.

Between RdR2, BO4, Ark extinction, and FO76, I'm just not going to have time to dedicate to BFV, nor have I seen enough to make me want to take time away from those games to play it.

My buddy preordered the digital deluxe edition before the Blackout beta came out and now he's pissed he cant get his 80 bucks back.
    Post edited by B3ANTOWN__B3A5T on
  • JamieCurnock
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DoogeeM3 wrote: »
    I was so excited when I heard the next Battlefield was going to be WWII. I've been waiting for years for a game like this.

Unfortunately due to all the SJW nonsense, I absolutely will not be buying this. I was already on the fence with all the goofy customizations, but when they censored "white man" in chat. That was it for me.

Super disappointed.

Planning on using the words white man that much hey? Must be crushing to realise you can't say white man, hopefully time will heal those oh so deep wounds.
  • RRedux
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On one hand, I really WANT it to be good, because I really, really want a new Battlefield game to play.

On the other, what I am hearing isn't good. Sounds like Dice is moving AWAY from the battlefield formula. If I wanted to play CoD or Pubg, I'd play those games.

I get that it can be hard to introduce "fresh" and "new" concepts in a battlefield game, but it kinda looks like they've just mashed together elements of other games and pressed them into a battlefield mold.

They did it to a degree with bf1 too, the elite kit pickups from the map are very similar to the hero pickups from battlefront 2. I get the impression they are doing even more of it in bf5.

If it doesn't change drastically, which I doubt it will, I will probably skip it, despite much I'd like to play a new bf game.
  • Nyaasensei
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, have always bought and will always buy Battlefield games.
  • JamieCurnock
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nyaasensei wrote: »

So basically they could put out a re-skin of "Angry Birds" or "Candy Crush" and as long as they called it "Battlefield", you would buy it. Good to know.

Haha, yeah that's exactly what he meant. Good to know sarcasm isn't lost on some people.
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Am I buying it? Nope.
  • Nyaasensei
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nyaasensei wrote: »

So basically they could put out a re-skin of "Angry Birds" or "Candy Crush" and as long as they called it "Battlefield", you would buy it. Good to know.

That's a stupid comparison, that's pretty much as long you can come from "Battlefield". I always buy Battlefield games whether its modern or ww2 genre. I don't care about women being in nor do I care about history accurateness.
  • Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimesSU wrote: »
    Not at launch at least. I enjoyed the quicker TTK and the gunplay, but wasn't impressed with the BETA and what I saw with the historical accuracy as a whole, so I cancelled my pre-order.
    I don't have a lot of faith in the 'Live Service' model either after what happened to previous games that used it.
    Maybe I'll pick it up a few months down the line if a lot of the issues I have with it are fixed and the 'Live Service' model hasn't killed it.

I just canceled my pre-order last week. I'll still get the game at some point most likely, but the whole tone of the game just doesn't click. It's like the game doesn't know what it wants to be. They keep going on about "the most immersive WWII experience" but I have yet to really feel that vibe from anything I've seen. The blue tint on literally everything doesn't help, either. The game has an identity crisis at this point. It's fun, but without a clear identity I worry that this game won't last long enough for the Live Service model to play out.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    but the whole tone of the game just doesn't click. It's like the game doesn't know what it wants to be. They keep going on about "the most immersive WWII experience" but I have yet to really feel that vibe from anything I've seen.

Agreed. In stead of the moodboard consisting of stuff like this

....or this

...or this

....it is all about this:

Post edited by suffice_ls on