Private Servers Admin Powertrip Abuse and its fall out impact on individuals and communities Discuss

TheSalt
109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
DICE, Braddock

As the title suggests this is a real issue. Firstly let me say, i understand need for admin/bans and think its in order...

However this power gets magnified the greater the number of servers being controlled and spread through community. We have such an issue in Oceania. One guy who identifies as a self made successful business owner, purchases rents 10 servers. Theres about 6 he runs himself, and 4 given out to Teams to run. He has control over all 10.

The problems with BF4 was the Quick Game Matchmaking populated servers with those who didnt have Premium so eferytime a dlc map came up theyd get booted, half the server you took a half hour to fill is near empty, the auto balance is outta whack with one side havihg 8 extra players...its screwed, people are leaving server.

The problems were having is this guy has his servers running constantly that Aus/NZ players jump into them as near full. The DICE servers do build up, mainly on weekends but during the week by 11pm when i play they are starting to thin out. This gets worse late at night, as they dwindle we are kinda forced into these fuller servers. Which are capture points, spreading of community/what little late night crew that are up playing. Maybe 50 players? The rest or should i say majority are foreigners that have 240 too 398 ping. Both sides you look at the scoreboard there might be 10 aussies in server. You go into another one of his same deal. 80% foreigners. Thats why they always stay up. The map rotations are like 4maps same thing over and over. Its leading to disinterested/bored community.

Do you see the problem? Were spread out, our only options are to smash guys suffering with poor connections and then limited to map selections even less than the 8 Vanilla + Giants Shadow, its like 4 maps, 5 maps on the other. A heap we dont play. Theres a 24/7 Sinai, 2 x HC 200% Dmg servers with a handful / dozen Aussies each...

The servers that have 18 in them say DICE public he dont own are struggling are not getting those Aussies to keep it topped up. Those aussies that are in these servers dont realise they half foreigners, are just thinking full server > this is the preferred option than trying to get the struggling one going.

He must be receiving Quick Match searches from all over? They are always full, so it creates a dynamic that keeps us & those not really lookin at the majority foreignn pings in them end up joining them and keeping the cycle perpetuating.

Thiss fella is saying DICE giving him 20servers for BFV - he iss abusing his power. If you disagree he threatens to ban, that you wont be able to play in his community BFV.

A few of us are discussing this fella, its a problem. For 1 or 2 servers that sort of power is tolerable. When youre purchasing that power in large numbers or as he claims DICE are giving him, theres huge powertripping abuse in play. Then getting other clans to run your servers + they are then following his instruction, so now they ostracising. or he just updates the ban list. You can simulate the rest /see where im going with this.

Were trying to get whitepointer12 dicefriend back, and i appeal here before you now.

Stop the madness, no monopolies in RSP, this is effecting default community activity that would flourish better if all the RSP werent choking the sunlight so to speak. You put ban/exclusion x 20 servers cos youre making money but were living in a dictatorship. As i said, a young bloke offered, i quote "i told him it was wrong, but im just trying to stay on his good side so i dont get banned" is NOT what you want in your gaming communities. Thats so **** up, it makes me angry. The guy plays headfrfk games with this kid too "oh i was gonna ban ya but youre alright i suppose"...

Its ****.....

Comments

• TheSalt
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im trying to work through this....
  • CrashCA
    931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My only comment is EA gives no one any thing for free.
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    CrashCA wrote: »
    My only comment is EA gives no one any thing for free.

DssH2EA.jpg
  • ShevermiN
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSalt wrote: »
    DICE, Braddock

As the title suggests this is a real issue. Firstly let me say, i understand need for admin/bans and think its in order...

However this power gets magnified the greater the number of servers being controlled and spread through community. We have such an issue in Oceania. One guy who identifies as a self made successful business owner, purchases rents 10 servers. Theres about 6 he runs himself, and 4 given out to Teams to run. He has control over all 10.

The problems with BF4 was the Quick Game Matchmaking populated servers with those who didnt have Premium so eferytime a dlc map came up theyd get booted, half the server you took a half hour to fill is near empty, the auto balance is outta whack with one side havihg 8 extra players...its screwed, people are leaving server.

The problems were having is this guy has his servers running constantly that Aus/NZ players jump into them as near full. The DICE servers do build up, mainly on weekends but during the week by 11pm when i play they are starting to thin out. This gets worse late at night, as they dwindle we are kinda forced into these fuller servers. Which are capture points, spreading of community/what little late night crew that are up playing. Maybe 50 players? The rest or should i say majority are foreigners that have 240 too 398 ping. Both sides you look at the scoreboard there might be 10 aussies in server. You go into another one of his same deal. 80% foreigners. Thats why they always stay up. The map rotations are like 4maps same thing over and over. Its leading to disinterested/bored community.

Do you see the problem? Were spread out, our only options are to smash guys suffering with poor connections and then limited to map selections even less than the 8 Vanilla + Giants Shadow, its like 4 maps, 5 maps on the other. A heap we dont play. Theres a 24/7 Sinai, 2 x HC 200% Dmg servers with a handful / dozen Aussies each...

The servers that have 18 in them say DICE public he dont own are struggling are not getting those Aussies to keep it topped up. Those aussies that are in these servers dont realise they half foreigners, are just thinking full server > this is the preferred option than trying to get the struggling one going.

He must be receiving Quick Match searches from all over? They are always full, so it creates a dynamic that keeps us & those not really lookin at the majority foreignn pings in them end up joining them and keeping the cycle perpetuating.

Thiss fella is saying DICE giving him 20servers for BFV - he iss abusing his power. If you disagree he threatens to ban, that you wont be able to play in his community BFV.

A few of us are discussing this fella, its a problem. For 1 or 2 servers that sort of power is tolerable. When youre purchasing that power in large numbers or as he claims DICE are giving him, theres huge powertripping abuse in play. Then getting other clans to run your servers + they are then following his instruction, so now they ostracising. or he just updates the ban list. You can simulate the rest /see where im going with this.

Were trying to get whitepointer12 dicefriend back, and i appeal here before you now.

Stop the madness, no monopolies in RSP, this is effecting default community activity that would flourish better if all the RSP werent choking the sunlight so to speak. You put ban/exclusion x 20 servers cos youre making money but were living in a dictatorship. As i said, a young bloke offered, i quote "i told him it was wrong, but im just trying to stay on his good side so i dont get banned" is NOT what you want in your gaming communities. Thats so **** up, it makes me angry. The guy plays headfrfk games with this kid too "oh i was gonna ban ya but youre alright i suppose"...

Its ****.....

This is not a correct statement about the current situation with Oceania RSP servers. Yes there are always 10+ servers a night and only one person's account has multiple populated servers nightly is at 3. Nice job :) and the servers that are provided by individuals are quite diverse. And none are owned or controlled by one person.
  • TheSalt
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    DICE, Braddock

Its ****.....

This is not a correct statement about the current situation with Oceania RSP servers. Yes there are always 10+ servers a night and only one person's account has multiple populated servers nightly is at 3. Nice job :) and the servers that are provided by individuals are quite diverse. And none are owned or controlled by one person.

Actually the quote about the servers was apt/true at the time....theres a few more now with map variation. However i understand it. Its a trade off aussie servers up late at night early morning but comes at costs to ya game playing majority 300 ping internationals that fill this server. The concerns i have were / are valid concerns if in the wrong hands. I couldnt recommend get behind the wrong person with that power, moving forward.

My concerns were that we were creating a banhammer monster or that individuals get alienated bullied ganged up on/ ousted from a whole community over the slightest disagreement. Since this post weve spoken over our issues, which werent too many. I actually have good feeling, no longer concerned this will be the case and believe the person in question will actually be good for Aus BF. Im all in behind what theyre doing.

NB:- The reason was brought up here as i did was because was a new, different situation. Weve never had a server monopoly before, the rules are different.

Was hoping DICE Braddock could see the unique situation i presented, was hoping for a more robust discussion. Would never bring a he said she said dispute up, this not my first trip around the sun....

• CedarOfLebanon
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, Braddock

Its ****.....

did you really believe that anyone will read all of this ?