Battlefield

Comments

• D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    also I wish to point out that C-4 shouldn't be the only thing to recommend to anyone to take out tanks with, that just makes being the engineer useless in the most part.
    Post edited by D-1884 on
  • CSO7777
    1130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Back on topic...

I never thought that I would make a post like this, but here goes.

After playing for some days, I will say this game can be good and really really bad. Many of the maps are really badly designed and the vehicle/infantry balance is just so awful (much worse than BF1). Now I understand why a lot of servers, only plays one map (locker mostly???) and also have special rules...

And teamplay... I never get ammo, never get revived or any other teamplay-like gameplay, infantry mostly just lone-wolfs and plays TDM on a big scale. This is really COD on a large scale, but with vehicles (who plays their on game). BF1 is more BF than BF4 at this point, and I have big issues with BF1.

The only thing that's better than BF1 is the gun-play/customization and there are no behemoths/elites/special-classes (which are abominations in BF1), the latter is then negated totally by an abundance of unbalanced vehicles.

Can't wait for BFV.

Sorry for the rant...
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    @cso7777 no man your right, and things like that are needed to be said.
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But I think you guys are complaining about not being able to take out a tank on your own... in BF4 it isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to take team work.

Yes lots of players don't play for the team, but some do. Those squads working together can win matches without vehicles

Tanks shouldn't be taken out by 1 engineer, but by multiple engineers

If all you want to do is kill tanks use the RPG and slams. Shoot vehicles directly in the back. 4 slams somewhere sneaky.
  • D-1884
    edited September 2018
    @joshuavinc143 we understand that it's not meant to be easy to take out tanks on our own, however like I said in my rant, it's that when people use lock on like PLD, SOFLAM, or SUAV or weapons like the HVM-11 or the FGM-148 Javelin they're bearly used, only in a special occasion; maybe hardcore, but the thing is, even when you don't have a full lock on you're marked for death. I would like it if recons laser targets more often. However, I don't blame them if they don't use any of the equipment mentioned above. It takes a spot in your gadget slot, in which that slot could be used for C-4 in case of potential self-protection against vehicles.([potential] since saying that it's not always guaranteed) and the downsides of them is almost always death [PLD]- putting your self in harms way and almost guaranteed death-(marked for death), [SOFLAM]- idle for repositioning\adjusting it, easily destroyable, and if you're near it marked for death, [SUAV] idle while using it, speed cannot be adjusted, a joke gadget for running people over. So playing as a team is much worse than just lone-wolfing it (I am by no means condoning going lone wolf), but trust me I want more team play I really do, but it's really hard to be a team when recons are scared of doing the things a team needs, like lasering tanks, jets, helicopters, LAVs. ECT. But you guys get the point.
    Post edited by D-1884 on
  • CSO7777
    1130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that DICE did the right thing in BFV, when they changed the turret speed of tanks. This gives DICE the chance of making them strong, but still not able to just farm infantry, because infantry-players have a much better chance at escaping tanks.

Often when you look at a tank in BF4, you can see the turret turning at a cartoonishly fast speed. Also the speed of vehicles is perhaps a little over the top (especially acceleration).

But asking for more teamplay is a loosing battle. This will not happen. And changes to the game-balance will also not happen, so we just have to suck it up.
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But if you learn the drop on the SMAW and RPG, they will be the best for taking on tanks. A few engineers with this has a solid ability to kill tanks
    I totally understand that you want team work but lock ons with or without teamwork isn't impressive

I've seen 2 players sit in a tank at the edge of a map with the SOFLAM and guided shell... taking zero skill and zero fun but getting easy kills... I wouldn't enjoy that

But I also medic and recon mostly now, so maybe I'm not the right person to say these things
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I would have crawled to that tank & c4'd it
  • D-1884
    edited September 2018
    @joshuavinc143 - No you should even though you main recon and medic, but the thing is, with all that is said I've been trying to find out a reason for them adding the SOFLAM, PLD, or the SUAV. and your voice does have weight here, for you may not main engineer, you main Recon. So you can provide some weight in the entire conversation, but my main gripe is about all of the lockons, they're practically useless in most applications and like I said in my last rant, they mark you for death-(metaphorically) before you can fire the rocket and that's stupid, I would be fine with it, if after you shoot the lock on rocket and then it gave your position away, but no you just get marked for death and gadgets mentioned above and rocket launchers are practically again I say useless. the only one out of all of them that is ever used is the PLD and it's barely used for it's intended purpose, and most of the time it's used to spot other recons which really says something about the begging gadgets for the recon.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    From my time spent in vehicles, enemy lock ons are rarely more than just an annoyance. Some are far more annoying than others. But none are a real threat on most maps apart from the wide open maps like Golmud.

But if your aim is to stop that annoying enemy vehicle on a streak killing your team, lock ons used smartly (with a teammate) will be the best way to slow him down, possibly annoy him so much he quits the server even if you’re not actually killing him.
    One guy on his own with a stinger will just feed the killstreak.

If you’re hellbent on killing the guy practice with RPG/SMAW:
  • joshuavinc143
    I totally like the RPG/SMAW rewards for those awesome shots.

But I understand. No recons really use the pld for locking vehicles... if they did they would realise that tow missiles and locks are so powerful. But they're too busy missing 500m shots

I personally never use the PLD or SOFLAM as I find the beacon and C4 suit my play style much better. I try and be so close to the action that finding the enemy is easy
    Like you say though locking a vehicle will give away my position, and against a good attack heli crew that's pretty much a respawn.

If I'm assault, I try and use map knowledge to prevent being killed by vehicles... or I'll try and distract them while team mate's kill the armour
  • D-1884
    @Turban_Legend80 - 1. love the avatar picture 2. I don't understand the picture you gave of you falling with an RPG?

@joshuavinc143 - Absolutly, that's what I'm talking about; most new recons use the PLD to gauge player to player distance or sniper to sniper distance, in which most people then count that recon to be a player that doesn't do much other than snipe the other sniper from the other side of the map, essentially giving you one less player on your team which sucks. If I could change it, instead of it instantly showing your general position when you would lock on to any vehicle it would show you general position only after you fire the lock on the rocket and PLD, SOFLAM, and SUAV would not show any general location, but to balance the the recon's gadgets the lasers would be much more intense for it to be easier to find when the vehicle is looking around, but what do you guys think? @joshuavinc143 and @Turban_Legend80.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    @Turban_Legend80 Finally had your ban lifted mate :smile:
  • Turban_Legend80
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80 - 1. love the avatar picture 2. I don't understand the picture you gave of you falling with an RPG?

@joshuavinc143 - Absolutly, that's what I'm talking about; most new recons use the PLD to gauge player to player distance or sniper to sniper distance, in which most people then count that recon to be a player that doesn't do much other than snipe the other sniper from the other side of the map, essentially giving you one less player on your team which sucks. If I could change it, instead of it instantly showing your general position when you would lock on to any vehicle it would show you general position only after you fire the lock on the rocket and PLD, SOFLAM, and SUAV would not show any general location, but to balance the the recon's gadgets the lasers would be much more intense for it to be easier to find when the vehicle is looking around, but what do you guys think? @joshuavinc143 and @Turban_Legend80.

Its not a picture, it’s a video. Just a lucky RPG shot.

I don’t think your idea would make a lot of difference. Good pilots will still come and kill you once they know where you are.
    But is there really an issue with being marked for death as soon as you lock on? It takes no time at all to lock on and fire with any lock on. Do any of them take more than a second to lock on? I’d be surprised if they did.

I don’t use lock ons so dont know much about them. I just know what they sound like :|
  • D-1884
    edited October 2018
    @joshuavinc143 yes they do take about one to two seconds and about three to four with thermal camo, but the thing is that being marked for death before you can even shoot the rocket off or before anyone with a lock on can shoot it is not exactly the greatest thing for balance between infantry and vehicles, and since the majority of you are saying don't use lock on, and majority of you are saying not to use any laser guide gadgets. and the change I would like to make is to give engineers and recons an edge against all vehicles not to completely out rule the being in a vehicle and make them put their tail between their legs all the time, that would make being in tanks, LAV, and ECT useless And that's not my goal, my goal is to just give a better edge to the lock on weapons and gadgets.
    Post edited by D-1884 on
  • Turban_Legend80
    @Turban_Legend80 Finally had your ban lifted mate :smile:

What ban? I was...studying. No! On holiday. Yes I was on holiday....studying.
  • joshuavinc143
    I haven't used lock ons much either...

I think there are enough things out there trying to destroy vehicles that making lock ons easier to use is a bit too much

I honestly think that lock ons don't need more advantage

The MBT LAW and Stingers pretty much do all the work for you
  • D-1884
    @joshuavinc143 - Maybe.... Maybe, I can understand that one small infantry .VS. one BIG tank, LAV and other vehicles will always have an edge against its infantry opponents, but I still want to give a better edge to the engineer and recon with more inclusive teamwork involved. I'll bring up one thing that makes no sense to me in BF4, with IRNV and FLIR you can see AT and SLAM mines. so if they can see mines that are supposed to counter them for the most part and they can see infantry, and other vehicles then what edge does the engineer have; what edge does the recon have? maybe just the size of being small? sure; but the tank can see them with FLIR and IRNV, so they need to have a lock on to give them distance between them and the enemy tank. However, that means nothing considering the range of both IRNV and FLIR. so the edge I said before not allowing general location to show when only locking on and only showing the general location when a lock on rocket has been shot. so recons would use PLD, SOFLAM, and SUAVs properly and feel a lot safer when they use it, and engineers will use lock-on rocket launchers more with a bit more confidence. Do you see what I mean?
  • D-1884
    Also, I wish to point out something that I don't know if it's been fixed in other platforms, but if let's say you are a recon or a support with C-4 or you are an engineer with slams with free fire rocket launcher, you stick your C-4 or slams to the left or right side of the tank and you're about finish placing the third C-4 or slam and you get run over by the same tank you were planting the C-4 or slam on. Don't know why that happens but it just does, so yea even when you think when you got them you don't; its stupid.
  • Turban_Legend80
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @joshuavinc143 - Maybe.... Maybe, I can understand that one small infantry .VS. one BIG tank, LAV and other vehicles will always have an edge against its infantry opponents, but I still want to give a better edge to the engineer and recon with more inclusive teamwork involved. I'll bring up one thing that makes no sense to me in BF4, with IRNV and FLIR you can see AT and SLAM mines. so if they can see mines that are supposed to counter them for the most part and they can see infantry, and other vehicles then what edge does the engineer have; what edge does the recon have? maybe just the size of being small? sure; but the tank can see them with FLIR and IRNV, so they need to have a lock on to give them distance between them and the enemy tank. However, that means nothing considering the range of both IRNV and FLIR. so the edge I said before not allowing general location to show when only locking on and only showing the general location when a lock on rocket has been shot. so recons would use PLD, SOFLAM, and SUAVs properly and feel a lot safer when they use it, and engineers will use lock-on rocket launchers more with a bit more confidence. Do you see what I mean?

The edge that a recon or engineer has is that they can’t be locked onto, and they don’t make a huge amount of noise when moving about.