This Week in Battlefield V

Cavalry-just broken

Comments

• Peter328i
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I'm been cursing horses all week, they've definitely been buffed. I see them frigging everywhere now

Probably because it was 'Noble Horses' map rotation week
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Peter328i wrote: »
    I'm been cursing horses all week, they've definitely been buffed. I see them frigging everywhere now

Yeah how did they call it a horse map week and then leave Suez, Sinia and Fao out of the mix? Those three are some of the best horse maps ever.
  • Peter328i
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Peter328i wrote: »

Yeah how did they call it a horse map week and then leave Suez, Sinia and Fao out of the mix? Those three are some of the best horse maps ever.

Exacty my thoughts, Suez is my favourite horse map, even scored MVP with Cavalry in some games on Suez. Sinai an Fao are good but the if you play against good pilots they can be a pain in the @rse.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

That was my EXACT reaction. I logged in, saw it was "noble horses week," and then said out loud to myself, "but those are the WORST horse maps in the game!" Very odd. You can't have horse week without the desert maps. You just can't. One of the craziest things I've seen from a very crazy development team. I mean, they put in Nivelle nights so I could have my horse stuck in a dark trench all game, Passchendale so I could be stuck on a stump or riding off the edge of the map... more like "crippled horses week."
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Horses are almost immortal, its ridiculous that they can use their own medpacks while still on horseback.

And I think you are just straight up lying about the melee hit zone, either that, or it's just glitchy. When I see a horse coming closer, I of course try to dodge them, and more times than I can count does it look to me like I've moved way out of their melee range, and then suddenly I get SUCKED into the melee kill from 5-10 meters away.

Cavalry is the main reason I use light AT grenade on all maps that have cavalry on them, since they have been so incredibly tanky since the last time they got buffed. Hitting them with a light AT grenade + shooting them as much as possible is your only chance to kill them before the random melee range drags you in.
  • olavafar
    1959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you get melee killed by a horse rider that you see in time, you have made a mistake somehow. They are easy to dodge unless you are stuck in some narrow place like a trench. My tip is trying the horse yourself and then you will learn how it moves and behaves which also makes it easier to dodge, basically same tip I give to ppl complaining about planes.

“To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
    ― Sun Tzu
  • trm6
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cav is the ultimate squad performer. If you are running cav solo with no squad then you miss out on its true power. Cav + Tanker = GG usually. The benefits for your other foot soldiers is so helpful as well. Cav can scout, heal, resupply, combat vehicles as well as defend your tank from charging assaults, AT rockets and limpet minded supports. There is no other class as versatile as the cav. Not to mention if you grab the tank hunter kit on your horse which you usually can do, you and your squad can effectively remove their vehicles from the map entirely. I can ride out in front of an objective and make calls on the enemies tank positions, art trucks and the ever so common ptfo zergs. Cav allows your squad to properly flank, attack weak points, and control the map. Also helps pilots out since AA is easily picked off by cav. IMO cav is the ultimate PTFO class, and you don't need to score 20k+ to have a huge impact either. Bait and switch tactics with a tank allows you to run rampant melee. As always most complaints about cav is due to players lacking the depth needed to understand proper tactics, and movement.
  • HK_Independence
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    melee cav can survive and kill enemies in all high ping server(e.g 4xxping)
  • Forkbeard84
    edited October 2018

That was my EXACT reaction. I logged in, saw it was "noble horses week," and then said out loud to myself, "but those are the WORST horse maps in the game!" Very odd. You can't have horse week without the desert maps. You just can't. One of the craziest things I've seen from a very crazy development team. I mean, they put in Nivelle nights so I could have my horse stuck in a dark trench all game, Passchendale so I could be stuck on a stump or riding off the edge of the map... more like "crippled horses week."

Yeah man, Nivelle nights to me is probably the worst horse map there is. You can do work there sometimes but with the darkness and the seemingly extra wide trenches and junk laying around makes it difficult to not get stuck. And it's only got one spawnable horse per side.

I absolutely love Suez, my favorite, especially if you have a good team and a close game where C is constantly in contention. Then its super fun to go back and forth over that big sand dune on C and just fly over that smooth sand on endless hit and run killing streaks.

I really like Caparetto too. Its a little more problematic for getting stuck but not too bad and there's a buttload of available horse spawns.
    trm6 wrote: »
    Cav is the ultimate squad performer. If you are running cav solo with no squad then you miss out on its true power. Cav + Tanker = GG usually. The benefits for your other foot soldiers is so helpful as well. Cav can scout, heal, resupply, combat vehicles as well as defend your tank from charging assaults, AT rockets and limpet minded supports. There is no other class as versatile as the cav. Not to mention if you grab the tank hunter kit on your horse which you usually can do, you and your squad can effectively remove their vehicles from the map entirely. I can ride out in front of an objective and make calls on the enemies tank positions, art trucks and the ever so common ptfo zergs. Cav allows your squad to properly flank, attack weak points, and control the map. Also helps pilots out since AA is easily picked off by cav. IMO cav is the ultimate PTFO class, and you don't need to score 20k+ to have a huge impact either. Bait and switch tactics with a tank allows you to run rampant melee. As always most complaints about cav is due to players lacking the depth needed to understand proper tactics, and movement.

Well said and true.

The scouting aspect of the horse is underestimated by some. Sometimes I can go quite awhile without making a kill from my horse but it does not mean I'm not a benefit to the team. Running around and through the enemy causes them to be distracted and shoot at you instead of your teammates and also when the enemy shoots they reveal their position to your team. As long as you keep moving you can take the bullets the enemy deals out and then heal up and go back for more harassment. All the while the enemy is focused on your pesky horse, your team is seeing where they are and sweeping them up.

• Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can conquer flags in the back of the enemy and gain points quickly. Just get of the back and let your squad spawn there. On foot it's also a nice rifle and you spam medpouch and ammo for points. Riding the horse I can harass enemy troops easily. I'm getting better and better though it's the last class I'm leveling up and I need to work on my rifle aim from the horse.
    Last but not least it's the only class were you never feel alone as the horse is always with you: "Wie der Wind!".
  • MarxistDictator
    4908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry is way better than its been since the beta pretty much (in terms of actually using the horse). The saber is still dead to me, but the lance is as good as ever (once you get used to the timing the reach and invisible hitboxes make it a lot easier to get kills with). Just don't bother with the worthless lance charge except to humiliate players. The rifle was also massively buffed in new TTK to where you can just hang back and farm on people who can't really do anything back. If the ammo came back faster it would be even cheesier to play that way.

In general though you should never only be using just one aspect of the class. Melee to take advantage of your team's position and break up positions, rifle when you're alone or need to fall back. Grenade tanks from a wide angle you can throw them a lot farther on horseback. Very effective when played right.
  • Forkbeard84
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    I can conquer flags in the back of the enemy and gain points quickly. Just get of the back and let your squad spawn there. On foot it's also a nice rifle and you spam medpouch and ammo for points. Riding the horse I can harass enemy troops easily. I'm getting better and better though it's the last class I'm leveling up and I need to work on my rifle aim from the horse.
    Last but not least it's the only class were you never feel alone as the horse is always with you: "Wie der Wind!".

Wie der Wind? I always thought the rider was saying "Ride the Wind."
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Wie der Wind? I always thought the rider was saying "Ride the Wind."

I'm having German voices for German cav. The British cav says "ride the wind".

• Illuminaty101
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, Suez is a great Cav Map, somehow got a double Lance kill there.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah, pro tip for using the lance, using horse parlance the strike is not a nose, head, or neck but a full half length sooner than what you see on the screen.
  • Illuminaty101
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2018
    Cavalry.....

Is awesome!

There are some really disapointing moments, but jesus! I rushed C with my Horse, destroyed an Arty Truck and killed 4 enemies. Ran 2 guys over later in the match. Impaled a Scout. But one awesome moment was too close to match end. Assault lying prone, not noticing me. Just in the sec were I tried to knife him (got off my horse) the match ended. (Suez-Conquest)

13-12 Horse only.
    Post edited by Illuminaty101 on
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cavalry on Giant's Shadow. Heck yeah.

Just wish DICE would give us some new Cavalry weapons. Just give us a choice of grenades and the option for spotting flares and adapt some more Scout weapons for the class.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is one thing I'm glad is gone in BFV. It's annoying and a gimmick. Although Rocket gunning tryhards on them is fun.
  • Forkbeard84
    edited October 2018
    This is one thing I'm glad is gone in BFV. It's annoying and a gimmick. Although Rocket gunning tryhards on them is fun.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. I’m on the opposite side of the spectrum. A big reason I don’t want to play BF5 is because theres no horses in it. The horse is an amazing and fun vehicle to play.

We’re not all tryhards either. If I see an assault going prone facing me. I know what he’s wanting to do. I’m not approaching him directly from the front. Its not that hard to either zig zag or circuitous approach and trample him from an angle or get him to stand up and move with some well placed grenades.

If you are any other class going prone? Why I just laugh and run your dumazz over. :-)
  • Forkbeard84
    Cavalry.....

Is awesome!

There are some really disapointing moments, but jesus! I rushed C with my Horse, destroyed an Arty Truck and killed 4 enemies. Ran 2 guys over later in the match. Impaled a Scout. But one awesome moment was too close to match end. Assault lying prone, not noticing me. Just in the sec were I tried to knife him (got off my horse) the match ended. (Suez-Conquest)

13-12 Horse only.

Lol sounds like an epic match. The horse is fun indeed! :-)
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    Cavalry on Giant's Shadow. Heck yeah.

Just wish DICE would give us some new Cavalry weapons. Just give us a choice of grenades and the option for spotting flares and adapt some more Scout weapons for the class.

Yes and how come cavalry is the only class that gets no specializations?