This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield: War On Terrorism

CRAZY_EVAN1
168 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
is anyone with me?

this could be the first battlefield game where you play as a spy. you will go to locations such as the streets of London, villages of Afghanistan, villages of Iraq and the streets of new York keeping terrorism losing. you will fight afghan militants and Iraqi militants and play as them too.

you will also go to other locations, to make the game more broader than just the middle east. such as Chechen rebels against Russia, nuclear charged face off involving india and Pakistan. maybe even play as the real ira! you will be in the largest cities of the world foiling terrorist plots and maybe letting them go if you are not fast enough.

all the gaming modes will apply however some characters may have to be excluded.

a question. has electronic arts not done this yet because of the controversy over medal of honour about ten years ago now?

I am taking a more serious approach to this. that hawkeye dude has an idea too, but his or her idea would more than likely surpass mine because it doesn't, unlike mine, be so serious.

any ideas? comments?

evan.

Comments

• DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nope.

• Trokey66
    8370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nope.

• Tactical_wizzzeR
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Nolan North? is that you?
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    oh I am sorry. :(
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Weren't modern MoH games all about that and nobody really liked them?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    oh I am sorry. :(

8/10 for effort though! :)
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    Weren't modern MoH games all about that and nobody really liked them?

not about terrorism.
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    why do I get written off like this how about telling me why, convince me.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did some posts get deleted from this thread?
  • Trokey66
    8370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Because at some point you will have to play as a faction that even now are torturing, bombing and murdering innocent men women and children.

Having served in Her Britannical Majesties Royal Air Force for 30 years, playing as the 'real IRA' would be a definite turn of for me and no doubt, many others.

Think about it........
  • Turban_Legend80
    edited October 2018
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Because at some point you will have to play as a faction that even now are torturing, bombing and murdering innocent men women and children.

Think about it........

Mate, the US has been a part of this franchise for quite a few games now.
  • Trokey66

Think about it........

Good point, well presented.

The IRA however.......
  • Turban_Legend80

Think about it........

Good point, well presented.

The IRA however.......

Well, for a game that has equality high up on the agenda, I think we need to also consider how the IRA would feel playing a game as the British.
  • Trokey66
    Again, nor a bad point, well presented but 'glorifying' organisations that think it is legitimate to bomb pubs in Guilford and Birmingham is going a tad far.
  • Turban_Legend80
    Again, nor a bad point, well presented but 'glorifying' organisations that think it is legitimate to bomb pubs in Guilford and Birmingham is going a tad far.

I wouldn’t call it glorifying.
    And it’s not like we haven’t seen certain equally bad German factions included in video games before.
    It’s also not like the more commonly “glorified” factions are all squeaky clean.

I’m fairly sure there are plenty of people who ignore their real life hatred for various regions so they can have their fun in a video game.
  • Trokey66

And it’s not like we haven’t seen certain equally bad German factions included in video games before.
    It’s also not like the more commonly “glorified” factions are all squeaky clean.

I’m fairly sure there are plenty of people who ignore their real life hatred for various regions so they can have their fun in a video game.

Undoubtedly but this would be a step to far for me.
  • Turban_Legend80

Undoubtedly but this would be a step to far for me.

Dont get me wrong, I can understand why you feel that way. I just think a lot of other people also feel that way towards certain countries/factions but can put feelings aside for a video game.
  • Trokey66
    edited October 2018
    I think there is a subtle difference between playing as a nation's standing army regardless of that nation's political ideology and a terrorist organisation.

In the former, the individual soldier is often ambivalent to such ideology were an individual terrorist is a slave to theirs.

It also doesn't help.that David Haines was a colleague of mine.
  • Turban_Legend80
    I think there is a subtle difference between playing as a nation's standing army regardless of that nation's political ideology and a terrorist organisation.

In the former, the individual soldier is often ambivalent to such ideology were an individual terrorist is a slave to theirs.

If you don’t like it don’t play it :)
  • Trokey66

If you don’t like it don’t play it :)

Not a problem as it doesn't exist and probably never will.