Battlefield

Comments

• D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @joshuavinc143 - Maybe.... Maybe, I can understand that one small infantry .VS. one BIG tank, LAV and other vehicles will always have an edge against its infantry opponents, but I still want to give a better edge to the engineer and recon with more inclusive teamwork involved. I'll bring up one thing that makes no sense to me in BF4, with IRNV and FLIR you can see AT and SLAM mines. so if they can see mines that are supposed to counter them for the most part and they can see infantry, and other vehicles then what edge does the engineer have; what edge does the recon have? maybe just the size of being small? sure; but the tank can see them with FLIR and IRNV, so they need to have a lock on to give them distance between them and the enemy tank. However, that means nothing considering the range of both IRNV and FLIR. so the edge I said before not allowing general location to show when only locking on and only showing the general location when a lock on rocket has been shot. so recons would use PLD, SOFLAM, and SUAVs properly and feel a lot safer when they use it, and engineers will use lock-on rocket launchers more with a bit more confidence. Do you see what I mean?

The edge that a recon or engineer has is that they can’t be locked onto, and they don’t make a huge amount of noise when moving about.

yes though They don't make a lot of noise when running, and yes they aren't vehicles, but just charging from the sides and the behind is Ineffective, especially when the tank has a good gunner and a good repair team. and what says that the gunner doesn't have a proxy scan? I use it and I've been able to help any tank that I've been-the gunner in by destroying infantry that even comes close to the tank.
  • ColdLattes
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battlefield wont be playable until ranked matches place you in leagues.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @joshuavinc143 - Maybe.... Maybe, I can understand that one small infantry .VS. one BIG tank, LAV and other vehicles will always have an edge against its infantry opponents, but I still want to give a better edge to the engineer and recon with more inclusive teamwork involved. I'll bring up one thing that makes no sense to me in BF4, with IRNV and FLIR you can see AT and SLAM mines. so if they can see mines that are supposed to counter them for the most part and they can see infantry, and other vehicles then what edge does the engineer have; what edge does the recon have? maybe just the size of being small? sure; but the tank can see them with FLIR and IRNV, so they need to have a lock on to give them distance between them and the enemy tank. However, that means nothing considering the range of both IRNV and FLIR. so the edge I said before not allowing general location to show when only locking on and only showing the general location when a lock on rocket has been shot. so recons would use PLD, SOFLAM, and SUAVs properly and feel a lot safer when they use it, and engineers will use lock-on rocket launchers more with a bit more confidence. Do you see what I mean?

The edge that a recon or engineer has is that they can’t be locked onto, and they don’t make a huge amount of noise when moving about.

yes though They don't make a lot of noise when running, and yes they aren't vehicles, but just charging from the sides and the behind is Ineffective, especially when the tank has a good gunner and a good repair team. and what says that the gunner doesn't have a proxy scan? I use it and I've been able to help any tank that I've been-the gunner in by destroying infantry that even comes close to the tank.

A tanker and a gunner communicating and working together should always come out on top against a single infantry player.

Just like a group of anti tank infantry working together should always come out on top against a single tanker.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

yes though They don't make a lot of noise when running, and yes they aren't vehicles, but just charging from the sides and the behind is Ineffective, especially when the tank has a good gunner and a good repair team. and what says that the gunner doesn't have a proxy scan? I use it and I've been able to help any tank that I've been the gunner in by destroying infantry that even comes close to the tank.

A tanker and a gunner communicating and working together should always come out on top against a single infantry player.

Just like a group of anti-tank infantry working together should always come out on top against a single tanker.

and I understand that, but however, I'm not talking about a singular soldier, if anything if you do have a good tanker squad, with the gunner having a proxy scan, and a good crew of repairers whats to say that anything could stop it or give it fear, you can have an entire squad of free fire rocket launcher engineers and the majority of the time its the tank that wins, unless you and your friends are RPG or SMAW gods or something.
  • Turban_Legend80

yes though They don't make a lot of noise when running, and yes they aren't vehicles, but just charging from the sides and the behind is Ineffective, especially when the tank has a good gunner and a good repair team. and what says that the gunner doesn't have a proxy scan? I use it and I've been able to help any tank that I've been the gunner in by destroying infantry that even comes close to the tank.

Just like a group of anti-tank infantry working together should always come out on top against a single tanker.

and I understand that, but however, I'm not talking about a singular soldier, if anything if you do have a good tanker squad, with the gunner having a proxy scan, and a good crew of repairers whats to say that anything could stop it or give it fear, you can have an entire squad of free fire rocket launcher engineers and the majority of the time its the tank that wins, unless you and your friends are RPG or SMAW gods or something.

I don’t agree. Two engineers is enough to take out a tank before it can react.
    You don’t have to be a “God”. Just work together and shoot at the back at the same time. A squad of engineers can only blame themselves if they don’t get the job done.
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have no problem with tanks/vehicles in genaral, being tough to take down. It is complete trash that we have to combat them using thermal BS!
  • D-1884

I suppose.... I suppose, but when it comes down to what the tank can do while the engineers reload and are dying to the tank that you're firing at, and the tank is repaired on the spot and getting close to it is a bad idea, what do you do then? what do you do when you can't even get close to it, sure come from above, but whats to say that they can't get a good position on you and kill you while you're on that roof, come from behind? sure that's what you just said but whats to say that the gunner of the tank doesn't have a proxy scan? or incendiary grenades?
  • Turban_Legend80
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    I have no problem with tanks/vehicles in genaral, being tough to take down. It is complete trash that we have to combat them using thermal BS!

If a tank spots you by using thermal BS before you can’t spot a large noisy tank...who’s fault is that?
    You know he might be using thermal optics, so you should factor that into how you play.
    Personally i’d rather be up close against tanks using thermal BS than have to contend with them sniping with zoom optics from close to their own spawn.
  • D-1884
    Teamwork is good but however, one cannot say that they are with a responding squad all the time, and even if you have a friend that has joined you and they're willing to work as another engineer to take out the tank, but I doubt that the same tank will die too you when it's killed many like you before. and that is what lock-ones are for, range engagements with enemy vehicles, but that means nothing when it comes to the fact when they won't be used due to the fact that it marks the user for death, and free fire; though you may say it takes more skill, I believe this when I say this- that it doesn't matter how much skill you have with free fire rocket launchers, if you are not able to take the vehicle out and it kills you before you can shoot your second rocket then what good does skill due, and if one area of teamwork suffocates you and your team than what good of that teamwork does for anyone? what about increase another area of teamwork? to improve that area of teamwork with the abilities of lock-ons of lasers and ground to ground or ground to air? that's my aim. to give a bit more of an edge to the lasers for recons and lock-ons for engineers.
  • Turban_Legend80
    Teamwork is good but however, one cannot say that they are with a responding squad all the time
    One cannot say that they are up against a good tanker all the time
    but that means nothing when it comes to the fact when they won't be used due to the fact that it marks the user for death

You’re firing a weapon that locks on. It takes very little aiming skill to use, therefore has its penalties.
    The time between first locking on and firing the rocket is nearly always less than a second.
    The vehicle user gets an indication of the general direction you are in. Only when you fire the rocket does the vehicle user pinpoint your location (if he is looking for you and not retreating to reload countermeasures), unless you are standing in the open making yourself easy to spot.
    If the vehicle user comes after you then you or a teammate can get a guaranteed hit on him with lockons.
    If he retreats then you have done your job and forced him back, giving your team a chance to advance.

it doesn't matter how much skill you have with free fire rocket launchers, if you are not able to take the vehicle out and it kills you before you can shoot your second rocket then what good does skill due, and if one area of teamwork suffocates you and your team than what good of that teamwork does for anyone?

If that happens it means the tanker had more skill than the squad trying to take it out. That’s what good skill does.
    I don’t know what you mean by “one area of teamwork suffocates your team”.

If you don’t put any amount of thought (skill) into how you use the lockons then you won’t get any results, unless the vehicle user is low skilled.
  • D-1884
    @Turban_Legend80 oh come on you can't act like you don't know the range of thermal, mostly FLIR but still. Though its real-life counterpart has even more reach, it's still completely overpowered in BF4
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    When the tanker is less skilled or doesn't have a capable gunner...well then that's when I like to have a little c4 fun & get some retaliation on the vehicle sector😉

Seems to be rare these days when I find that particular group of tankers.
  • D-1884
    @Turban_Legend80 your right I worded that badly, so let me explain. They are two different sounds when it comes to being in a tank, the sound of someone locking on to you but not firing and the sound of someone locking on to you and firing, so pair this with the fact that you get a general location of the person that locks onto you. so that means that someone in a tank (that has Active Protection) can easily pop AP and get a better angle of you or just push of the area of what they were doing, yes this leaves them open however it leaves you open too. so let's take into consideration how long it takes for AP to end and for it to regen based on ADHDmania research AP last for 5 seconds and it takes 25 seconds to come back, almost any rocket can be blocked except the MBT LAW for some reason. I don't understand why the MBT got a pass but the majority of people don't consider or think about the MBT LAW because of how weak it is. continuing from that, though its cooldown is 25 seconds it can easily do a bit of back peddling and after a few repairs and the recharge of the AP, the tank is back in action just as new with nothing causing a scratch to the tank. so with this said let consider the other infantry counters.

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670165946100/
  • Turban_Legend80
    @Turban_Legend80 your right I worded that badly, so let me explain. They are two different sounds when it comes to being in a tank, the sound of someone locking on to you but not firing and the sound of someone locking on to you and firing, so pair this with the fact that you get a general location of the person that locks onto you. so that means that someone in a tank (that has Active Protection) can easily pop AP and get a better angle of you or just push of the area of what they were doing, yes this leaves them open however it leaves you open too. so let's take into consideration how long it takes for AP to end and for it to regen based on ADHDmania research AP last for 5 seconds and it takes 25 seconds to come back, almost any rocket can be blocked except the MBT LAW for some reason. I don't understand why the MBT got a pass but the majority of people don't consider or think about the MBT LAW because of how weak it is. continuing from that, though its cooldown is 25 seconds it can easily do a bit of back peddling and after a few repairs and the recharge of the AP, the tank is back in action just as new with nothing causing a scratch to the tank. so with this said let consider the other infantry counters.

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670165946100/

It sounds like you want your first shot to hit every single time. That’s only going to happen if the target has already used countermeasures.
    The MBT Law is one of the most effective anti tank weapons on open maps like Golmud.
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm going to agree with turban

3 engineers with zero skill and MBT LAWs can take out a tank if they want...

Lock ons take minimal skill so require a penalty
    Why should something that takes less skill have a bigger reward?

Tankers with skill and a gunner should be difficult to kill. Why does there need to be an easy counter?
  • FETCH_usa
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    removed ...off topic
    Post edited by FETCH_usa on
  • Turban_Legend80
    @Turban_Legend80 oh come on you can't act like you don't know the range of thermal, mostly FLIR but still. Though its real-life counterpart has even more reach, it's still completely overpowered in BF4

I’m not acting like I don’t know the range of thermal. I use it on all vehicles (I occasionally switch to zoom if i’m gunner in a tank/ifv/AH depending how the pilots plays). I can’t get used to zoom optics, and don’t have many issues hitting long distance targets without zoom optics.
    I play quite agressive in vehicles, always trying to push objectives, so zoom optics really isn’t an option for me.
    Would you prefer if tanks sat back out of reach, sniping from distance and safe from almost anything apart from a c4jeep suicide run? Or would you prefer tanks to push up making them easier to take out with some smart teamwork?

When I play anti tank infantry I keep in mind that the enemy tanker might be using thermal. I don’t think it’s overpowered at all, certainly compared to how it used to be. I don’t know how they could nerf it anymore without making it completely useless.
  • FETCH_usa
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    ?? oops wrong topic

• D-1884

I’m not acting like I don’t know the range of thermal. I use it on all vehicles (I occasionally switch to zoom if I’m the gunner in a tank/IVF/AH depending on how the pilots play). I can’t get used to zooming optics and don’t have many issues hitting long distance targets without zoom optics.
    I play quite aggressive in vehicles, always trying to push objectives, so zoom optics really isn’t an option for me.
    Would you prefer if tanks sat back out of reach, sniping from distance and safe from almost anything apart from a c4jeep suicide run? Or would you prefer tanks to push up making them easier to take out with some smart teamwork?

When I play anti-tank infantry I keep in mind that the enemy tanker might be using thermal. I don’t think it’s overpowered at all, certainly compared to how it used to be. I don’t know how they could nerf it anymore without making it completely useless.

no; but I would like it if they couldn't see AT mines or slams.
  • D-1884
    @Turban_Legend80 also what would make the thermals useless? I've just seen the fact the majority of the time they've never been useless any time in BF unless you can name a time?