BFV prep, which game BF1 or BF4?

BURGERKRIEG
811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2018
What game do you guys think would best be played to prepare for BFV?

BF1 or BF4?

I’ve been playing BF1 most days since the beta but I’ve seen some people saying they are playing Hardcore on BF4 to prepare for BFV.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you played battlefield for many years I don't think any "preparations" are required.
  • ElliotLH
    7251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing both actually.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Preparing?! For a casual shooter?!

Bf1 is closer to it imo.
  • VincentNZ
    2396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The better one of course.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I usually put around 200 - 250 hours into a BF game now, depending on time constraints. The days of main lining BF from 10 am to 4 am are long gone for me :(

I’m not all about online multiplayer FPS titles.

I still need to go play turn based strategy on PC and console romps too.

I’m always rusty when I come back , this time I don’t want to suck for 3 weeks so I’m adding BF to my gaming roster.

Just wondering which one to commit to.

• TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    The better one of course.

So whichever one that people personally like better? Ok.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 1 is closer in style to Battlefield 5 (unfortunately), but it's also a much worse game than Battlefield 4. If you haven't played either, then definitively get and play Battlefield 4. It's the best Battlefield game released since Battlefield 2. Though, Battlefield 2 is still overall the best Battlefield game ever released. No prep is needed to play Battlefield, just play the one that you'll get the most enjoyment from.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any battlefield really, except maybe the bad companies.
  • GrizzGolf
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is. IM SO READY for BFV. I took a month off from BF1 and loaded up today. I just want to play BFV
  • Hay-its-dudeman
    364 postsMember Member

gunplay is actually somewhat similar to BC2's. I have 2600 hours logged into BC2.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

gunplay is actually somewhat similar to BC2's. I have 2600 hours logged into BC2.

Eh not for me atleast. The overall gameplay of the bad companies has it's own unique feel compared to the rest of the series, I wasn't much of a fan.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    Battlefield 1 is closer in style to Battlefield 5 (unfortunately), but it's also a much worse game than Battlefield 4. If you haven't played either, then definitively get and play Battlefield 4. It's the best Battlefield game released since Battlefield 2. Though, Battlefield 2 is still overall the best Battlefield game ever released. No prep is needed to play Battlefield, just play the one that you'll get the most enjoyment from.

The soldier movement seems the same as BF1 so that’s probably good for being able to predict how enemies react.

I wonder if the muscle memory for gunplay will carry through from BF1? As far as I can tell the equation for spread is tweaked to ensure less vertical spread than BF1, but the rest of it is the same.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Either one for muscle memory. I played BF4 last month and just got BF1 this month.

Not much difference in general feel of things. Biggest thing for any Battlefield game for me was learning the maps and how they played. After that, which guns worked best for me.
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is one answer to your question,decide for yourself.
  • Don_en_Ad
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rising storm 2 vietnam best game to prepare for Battlefield V
  • xXCA_RageXx
    Don_en_Ad wrote: »

Lmao, not even close.
  • BURGERKRIEG

I forgot I have that on steam but I’ve rarely played it. I’ve a PC with a 1070 etc but I’ve been playing BF on console for years as it’s more likely my friends will be on there.

I’d better just stick to one control method.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

yep, great way to develop that paranoia and eyesight;
    Though the shooting and movement mechanics might instill habits that are bad for battlefield depending if the movement system in BF:V's final release is as ADADAD-encouraging. find the thing I miss the most are sights that are adjustable (like the model itself changes, the sights change, etc.)
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BetaFief wrote: »

yep, great way to develop that paranoia and eyesight;
    Though the shooting and movement mechanics might instill habits that are bad for battlefield depending if the movement system in BF:V's final release is as ADADAD-encouraging. find the thing I miss the most are sights that are adjustable (like the model itself changes, the sights change, etc.)

That game has given me more jump scares than most horror movies and games ...
  • staryoshi06
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    BF1's guns would be closer (I.E. Semi-autos, SMGs, bolt actions). The type of terrain is also closer.