Gameplay Setting to Disable Female Character models???

Comments

• mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want a 36-24-36 running round the map moaning at soldiers to death, wearing an outfit that would shock hentai lovers

But of course a colour pallet appropriate for the era.. after all it’s inportant to be historically accurate
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wearing an outfit that would shock hentai lovers

That would be quite the ensemble
  • JamieCurnock
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to see if this whole women in battlefield problem persists when they bring out a modern warfare title (maybe bf6?).
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to see if this whole women in battlefield problem persists when they bring out a modern warfare title (maybe bf6?).

people will find a way to complain about it.
  • JamieCurnock
    717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Be interesting to see what angle its approached from and how widespread the moan is.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Be interesting to see what angle its approached from and how widespread the moan is.

Doubt we will see much of a moan on any present day or futuristic BF titles unless of course someone from EA or Dice says something idiotic again but from the backlash this game has recieved from it they should have learnt.

If they haven't learnt...well then they probably deserve another backlash/widespread moan.

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kexlar wrote: »
    Do your research OP, Women DID fight in WW2. And you can customise your char anyway to be male. If you don't want to see women in games then I guess you wont play many games.

Yeah,but 99% fighting in ww2 were male. Women in games are no problem,everybody loves tomb raider,uncharted lost legacy,ciri,samus and countless others. But if it destroys the atmosphere because it just doesnt fit,it is a problem.
    Vote with your wallet,it wont changein bfv.
  • Hawxxeye
    6898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Did you just assume their gender?

In a more serious note, whether the game goes well or badly will stem from a lot more core issues than how the players look
  • staryoshi06
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I believe that they've already stated that a 'kill-switch' will not be provided. Unless that changes you'll either have to put up with whatever inaccuracies you dislike or simply play a different game.

Not flaming you btw - just pointing out the choices you'll seemingly have.

I don't see why that would even be a hard or bad thing to do. DICE has just lost their way.

Because then it screws up the customisation of other players. The whole point of customisation is to show off your personal flair, but your customisation might suddenly look terrible if your model is forcibly changed.
    SilkWildey wrote: »
    Will there be transgender characters? Like appearance of a female with a huge bulge in their pants

Can you please not make terrible jokes about minorities because you think you're edgy?
  • lorenzburg
    63 postsMember Member
    There shouldn't be this option, DICE has made this decision, removing it will not be correct, they announced it since the beginning, while sending disabled soldiers on the battlefield is something you'll do only if you run of out of able-bodied men, women could be possible, especially for the soviets.
    I understand many people's doubts about how this would be implented, I would have preferred the old uncustomizable classes and trying to be as realistic when it come to characters, but, despite historical facts, percentages and other stuff, having women dressed as soldiers won't change how it will look like, just like the men, the uniforms are unisex. Probably nobody would notice them if you don't focus on the face.

I mean, even in the middle ages/ancient times, if a woman happened to be on the battlefield (depending on the culture of that population) their armors and battle outfits won't be so different from those of the male soldiers.

Look at BF1, if you hadn't heard what the russian sniper was saying would you understand that she is a woman?
    Anyway, probably when it comes to the allied soldiers/axis soldiers there were women specific outfits but they were just for parades or for "office work" (I don't know how to say it since I'm not English but I hope you got what I mean), on the battlefield nobody would wear that stuff, the uniforms for the battle would be the same, probably since men are generally bigger than women, you could probably recognize if it's a man or woman by the shape.
    But again, if you look at many photos of female soldiers for the soviets their battle uniforms are the same as the male soldiers. Even if the other nations would have female soldiers (even though it was not as common as the soviet army) their outfits won't differ from male's uniforms.

p_0717.jpg
    14607239456_a662b9529e_o.jpg
    main_900.jpg?1420518699

In those cases they're not wearing any helmet, but if that player was wearing an helmet probably you wouldn't understand easily the difference.
    Now DICE has also said that they won't make customization unrealistic, and I think that probably they will adjust some factions so that absurdities won't happen: e.g. European and African soldiers in the Japanese Army.
    I agree with people demaning DICE to be realistic, but we can't change that decisions, we're not DICE, and even if I prefer to have realistic characters for the factions such as women for soviets and partisan units (if they're coming to BFV), africans only in USA, France, UK and Italy, Asians only in the Japanese Army, Maghrebis for France and so on, I don't find so game breaking. Probably I wouldn't have so much time to notice when fighting.
    In my opinion the important thing is that skins should be believable, not like the famous video "Modern WW2 games" which unfortunately seems a growing trend, but that's not BF5 case. If they want to add them, they will add them well.
  • Hawxxeye
    6898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lorenzburg wrote: »
    In my opinion the important thing is that skins should be believable, not like the famous video "Modern WW2 games" which unfortunately seems a growing trend, but that's not BF5 case. If they want to add them, they will add them well.
    are you talking about the video I linked in my signature?

• lorenzburg
    63 postsMember Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

ahahah correct! Yeah, surely that's not BF5 case.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited October 2018

It was the case of the original trailer. If you look closely the video shows blue facepaints and katana wielding africans. Also the axis flag is also still true.

The only thing that changed from the trailer and now is that we might not be getting the steampunk customization and any out of place coloration.
  • lorenzburg
    63 postsMember Member
    edited October 2018

It was the case of the original trailer. If you look closely the video shows blue facepaints and katana wielding africans. Also the axis flag is also still true.

I know, but now DICE will not do it, they have said that customization will not be absurd. Interestingly enough, I have found more similarities with CoDWW2 than BF, and believe me, those absurd soldiers are not in CoD just because the video came out too late or Sledgehammer games would have copied those "outfits" ahahahahah

There's also the assault german mask in the video ahahaha (I don't know if it's a realistic mask or not).
    About the katana, I don't see that problem since in BF1 as a russian soldiers you could use a "Totokia", so having a Katana to me wouldn't be a problem. In BF1 it was not a problem while in BFV it is, why? Probably that british soldier had served in the Pacific and in some way he managed to grab one, it could be possible in my opinion.

About facepaints, to it's not really a problem, if they're going to be useful yes, probably those blue facepaints are good if you want to make a tribute to Mel Gibson, but probably if they were darker it could help in urban maps. The thing is that those facepaints should be not as toxic as in CoD.

About the german flag, they don't have so many options, if they want to sell in Germany, even if I heard that laws are now more "permissive", I think it's still not possible for games, I don't know in what countries showing swastikas is illegal, they could do just like in CoD, in the singleplayer will be ok (depending on the country), in Multiplayer not of course.

I think that even if DICE has taken much freedom of action to decide things, the community reacted a bit too much, but I'm glad that this explains that BF community is not like CoD's, that every crap the developers make up they're going to eat it, at the beginning the game had classes more or less like BF, and they screwed it up just because CoD players found it "too limiting" ...

But again, I think that this game started badly since the announcement, but I am confident that DICE will find the right way.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kexlar wrote: »
    Do your research OP, Women DID fight in WW2. And you can customise your char anyway to be male. If you don't want to see women in games then I guess you wont play many games.

Yeah,but 99% fighting in ww2 were male. Women in games are no problem,everybody loves tomb raider,uncharted lost legacy,ciri,samus and countless others. But if it destroys the atmosphere because it just doesnt fit,it is a problem.
    Vote with your wallet,it wont changein bfv.

This. I'm still going to get it but the people that have a real problem should just vote with their wallet that's literally all you can do now.
  • marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well then you want to get one shot by pretty much every weapon? Because that’s authentic WW2. Its a game for Christ’s sake, stop taking yourself so seriously and just play it or dont. Its that simple
  • Natetendo83
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Here's the thing few people are willing to admit: If DICE would implement some sort of authenticity switch that disables female soldiers and forces race to be appropriate (no black people in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ army and the Japanese faction when added won't have any white people, for example) then this game would sell a lot better. The message and tone in response to this situation has turned too many people off to the game.

Edit: Forgot I can't say that. That censored word up there is the name of the German power at the time.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The only thing that changed from the trailer and now is that we might not be getting the steampunk customization and any out of place coloration.

What steampunk customization? There was ZERO steampunk anything....
  • Hawxxeye

What steampunk customization? There was ZERO steampunk anything....
    A fully functional and battle-worthy prosthetic limb in the 40s
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13857 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @SilkWildey
    Keep it on topic please.

Thread has been cleaned up.
This discussion has been closed.