This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield 1 confuses me

Envelps
28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
There too many games modes and weapons where do I start?

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There too many games modes and weapons where do I start?

First thing would be to learn what each class is supposed to do.
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no idea how green you may be to a first person shooter, but Imo, team deathmatch is a good way to start. I think that’s a decent way to learn how each infantry class plays and function.

There is a description for every game mode the first time you play it, shouldn't be too hard to figure it out after you play a few matches.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Also use the server browser, Quickmatch has been broken for about a year now.
  • Envelps
    Is there a comp mode or something? All I see is random game modes
  • m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    go to server browser, search for Conquest games

that's the main core for the game
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would say conquest is the best mode for beginners. Team-Deathmatch may be good, as it is just shooting ppl without any other objectives, but this mode has many skilled players playing it, that will murder you in an instant everytime. Conquest has them too, but you not always come across them, as the maps for this mode are larger.

As for weapons, I would advice you to start with the Assault class, as it is very beginner-friendly and you have the MP-18 as your standart gun, which is an absolute powerhouse.

For weapons to unlock first: It doesn't really matter, they are all good, sure some are better than others, but it comes down to preference. I wouldn't advice the 12G Automatic, that gun is not really that great.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Play medic and conquest. You can heal yourself,help your team and you got the full bf experience. The medic guns are good on all ranges,assault is only good in close quarters. tdm maps are small,no vehicles,no epic battles...there are better games for tdm.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Do you think going into any competitive first ,when you know nothing,is the best idea?
    There's none anyway. You learn by experience. Use the server browser to learn how to use guns and mostly vehicles(each seat) on empty servers.it may sound boring at first but you see that mountain? Yeah you won't fly into it if you first train on an empty server.
  • StormSaxon
    658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Start on Team Death Match.
    When you’ve got the hang of that move up to Domination.Then Conquest then Rush.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    start by watching one or two of the great tutorial videos that are out there..
  • Envelps
    magosnow wrote: »

Do you think going into any competitive first ,when you know nothing,is the best idea?
    There's none anyway. You learn by experience. Use the server browser to learn how to use guns and mostly vehicles(each seat) on empty servers.it may sound boring at first but you see that mountain? Yeah you won't fly into it if you first train on an empty server.

I'm not saying I was going to jump straight into comp, I'm just asking if there even is one, cause all I see if lobbies with matches already halfway through.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    magosnow wrote: »

I'm not saying I was going to jump straight into comp, I'm just asking if there even is one, cause all I see if lobbies with matches already halfway through.

First match of the day you usually replace someone in an ongoing match,then you simply dont leave when the match is over and you play full matches.
  • V2Face
    2658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most beginners in the game start with TDM for a reason. Not only will you be most likely playing with new players, you will be able to practice learning class roles and how to pick engagements based on your own abilities. Once you get your most important foundation (infantry combat) choose larger game modes like Rush or Shock Ops to learn map flow in sections and some vehicle play that’s not too overwhelming.

After that you can graduate to the bread and butter, Operations or Conquest which have combined arms and you can use what you learned to play well. If you do this right, your stats will show trust me this is how I started.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Start with Air Superiority.
  • The_BERG_366
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

there is but it died out rather quickly unfortunately. u wont find a game in it. :neutral:
    but why do u want to play a comp mode anyway? I thought you are new to the game...