Weekly Debrief

FLIR

Onirak
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Battlefield 4 = Flir ? ?

I have one question..

It is funny to play with FLIR?
Where is the fun to play with FLIR?
Are you all blind?
You just ruined this game...

Post edited by Onirak on

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's more than one question.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only use it on gunner sights
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I despise all things infrared in Battlefield games!
  • CSO7777
    1309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »

Coming back to BF4 after several years and started playing conquest (almost only played domination), this was the first thing I noticed. Almost every vehicle uses it and a lot of players uses it as well.

The vehicles are unbalanced enough (acceleration, turret speeds), and this takes them to the next level of overpowered.

This combined with the minimap spotting system is the biggest annoyances of this game.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Power down: answer = 0
  • Yul-qqb-IPA
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Flir or Irny ?
    You still have to aim to kill with them
    Game is about aim.If you say laser yes that is noob
  • PopyBear4
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    PopyBear4 wrote: »

Coming back to BF4 after several years and started playing conquest (almost only played domination), this was the first thing I noticed. Almost every vehicle uses it and a lot of players uses it as well.

The vehicles are unbalanced enough (acceleration, turret speeds), and this takes them to the next level of overpowered.

This combined with the minimap spotting system is the biggest annoyances of this game.

I only play hardcore so the mini map gone and spotting very minimal. I see most of the vehicles using thermal though...sadness
  • tempo_rarity
    1082 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whenever IRNV or FLIR gets mentioned all I think of is all that gorgeous but entirely wasted graphics artistry the Player is deciding to deny themselves .
    However , the price they pay is (ahem) Spot On :tongue:
  • Turban_Legend80
    4666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don’t understand the hate for IRNV/FLIR, certainly not for vehicles anyway.
    The only other option is zoom optics which encourages long distance engagements and/or camping.

IRNV/FLIR sights on guns are only a good option on a small amount of maps, one of which is a night map (but people seem to get extra salty about people using night vision scopes on a night map).
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Captain Obvious here. Obviously it's overpowered or DICE would not have created the DICE LA Camo to counter it.
  • Turban_Legend80
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Captain Obvious here. Obviously it's overpowered or DICE would not have created the DICE LA Camo to counter it.

If it was OP (like it used to be) DICE would nerf it (like they already have done).
    A multiple stage assignment involving morse code and numerous hidden switches doesn’t seem like the best way to implement balance.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If it was OP (like it used to be) DICE would nerf it (like they already have done).
    A multiple stage assignment involving morse code and numerous hidden switches doesn’t seem like the best way to implement balance.

This
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is amusing finding infantry players that you can tell rely on FLIR too much and are walking around ADS

Sneaking up on them is much easier
  • FETCH_usa
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    Actually I do have bad eye sight and that's why I use it
    Also being this is a modern warfare simulation, it is something that in real life is used in certain situations

Post edited by FETCH_usa on
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Nope, but that's what they did.
  • Turban_Legend80

Not really. They nerfed it already, well over a year before they introduced the DICE LA camo assignment
  • VBALL_MVP

Not really. They nerfed it already, well over a year before they introduced the DICE LA camo assignment

Yup it was shortly after LvlCap stated it was OP, then everyone started using it cause of him....and then everyone started complaining so they nerfed it.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The alternative which DICE wasnt able to make would be googles like IRL and was in BF2, which was balanced because they only worked for a certain amount of time. I like it on some maps and also equipped on my knife with bipod too ;)
  • FETCH_usa
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I do not consider it or the FLIR OP. the fact that your view is limited to the circle represented as the scopes view overall is a disadvantage. In CQB it is far better to maintain a wider field of view. Also if any other light source is present I.E. a flare or a Lasor on the enemies weapon your dead. All in all I'd say in situations where I must use the IRNV I am at a disadvantage to someone that can just run an RD sight.
  • PopyBear4
    I paid close attention last night to tanks' loadout that killed me. Seems there's not many playing hardcore that are skilled enough to roll without the thermal optics, fellas all need that crutch I guess. I give folks a pass that maybe don't have keen eye sight anymore.