Weekly BF

Battlefield V's Grenades & Thrown Weapons at Launch

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Hey Everyone,

Here's Battlefield V's grenades and thrown weapons coming at launch.

Grenades and Throwables
  • No. 36 Frag Grenade
  • M18 Smoke Grenade
  • No. 76 Incendiary Grenade
  • No. 74 Sticky Grenade
  • Geballte Ladung
  • No. 69 Impact Grenade
  • Throwing Knife

We've updated yesterday's Weapons, Vehicles, and Other Gear Coming with Battlefield V blog thanks to your feedback. Listen. React. Fuel our community!

Comments

• Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    #Battlefield V
    @Battlefield
    1 oct.
    Plus
    This week is all about weapons and vehicles in #Battlefield V. Starting tomorrow, we'll be diving into weapons, ground vehicles, and aircraft. A detailed discussion on attrition will follow the day after
    Coming from twitter

Isn't there a detailed discussion on attrition today ? When will it begin ? And where will it takes place ?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Throwing Knife

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

TANK YA JESUS, PRAISE TA LORT

I was excited when it was a specific "Paratrooper" class gadget, if you can equip it to any loadout, then I'm even more jazzed

I just hope it's OHK. I'm already trading in my explosive grenade to have the TK, don't make it super weak and terrible

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have read about the sticky grenades of ww2. I feel sorry for the poor soldiers that went to throw one, only to have it stick to a sleeve or other piece of loose fitting clothing. Embarrassing way to go.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is Geballte Ladung please?
  • DingoKillr
    3677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Bundle stick grenade, most likely AT.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Bundle stick grenade, most likely AT.

Thanks.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The throwing knife is going to be annoying if its a ohk. Your basically giving every class a one shot shotgun they can use without switching weapons. It definitely needs to have a wind up that gives it a .5-1 second delay after you hit the button.
  • Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    The throwing knife is going to be annoying if its a ohk. Your basically giving every class a one shot shotgun they can use without switching weapons. It definitely needs to have a wind up that gives it a .5-1 second delay after you hit the button.

Yeah a shotgun with only one bullet and absolutelly 0 dispersion...

I'm afraid of OHK TK !!!

/Sarcasm ON

Seriously... First time I see a Throwing Knife compared to a shotgun 😂
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cpt_McRon wrote: »

I'm afraid of OHK TK !!!

/Sarcasm ON

It's effectively the same game mechanic wise, except its bonded to a button you can use at a split second no matter what you are doing or what you have currently equipped. Maybe I should have said the slug shotgun, which is ohk up close but is still a single projectile. Or maybe a better comparison would be the obrez pistol.
    If it is a ohk they should make it like the obrez where you have to hit them in the center torso or head. I dont want every player running around with a ohk weapon that can be used instantly, no matter what they are doing, no matter what they have equipped, and no matter their class. If they want something like that they should just make melee ohk from the front like call of duty.
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All grenades will be available to all classes?
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2018
    Cpt_McRon wrote: »

I'm afraid of OHK TK !!!

/Sarcasm ON

It's effectively the same game mechanic wise, except its bonded to a button you can use at a split second no matter what you are doing or what you have currently equipped. Maybe I should have said the slug shotgun, which is ohk up close but is still a single projectile. Or maybe a better comparison would be the obrez pistol.
    If it is a ohk they should make it like the obrez where you have to hit them in the center torso or head. I dont want every player running around with a ohk weapon that can be used instantly, no matter what they are doing, no matter what they have equipped, and no matter their class. If they want something like that they should just make melee ohk from the front like call of duty.

If its no onehit it will be pretty useless...i think it will be onehit but most players will still use grenades,they are much better in most situations. Lets see how it plays out.

Melee onehit is also in the game btw,medic melee expert specialization...
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Throwing Knife? I just hope it is not a OHK......if so the slide to mediocrity for BF has commenced.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Throwing Knife? I just hope it is not a OHK......if so the slide to mediocrity for BF has commenced.

Impact grenades are also ohk. As long as you have to throw it(which takes time) it shouldnt be a big deal. I bet 95% will use grenades all the time.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So it's fine that you get a OHK with an explosive grenade that you:

1.) Don't need to see your target to hit, just fling and forget
    2.) Can damage multiple enemies in the same area, even OHK multiple enemies in the same area
    3.) Can damage the environment (doors, thin walls, etc) can even damage vehicles to some degree

But a throwing knife with OHK that:
    1.) Has to be a direct hit on the enemy
    2.) replaces your grenade choice, so you lose the option for something more versatile there
    3.) Has to be aimed, has travel time, and distance and drop, etc.

...And that's an issue?
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never encountered a one hit kill nade while playing the beta. All of the nades i got hit with usually only did about 50 damage, sometimes more if i was standing on them. I only got insta killed if i was already hurt.

• FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Agreed, it will get annoying if it's a copy of the COD throwing weapons where it's a insta-throw and a insta-kill.