Perform 1500 Vehicle Damage Using Limpet Charges?

2»

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd guess the tank being empty would be a problem.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think there is something wrong with the way the vehicle damage counter towards the 1500 damage increments. I have deployed several limpets on vehicles now and destroyed them and got no points I just did it today destroyed a vehicle with a limpet. the driver had just exited the tank and it was empty and I got a vehicle destroyed for 250 points and a weapon disabled for 50 points and the counter did not increment one point. Anyone know why you destroy vehicles with limpets and get no points Towards the 1500?

The "bonus"-points for damaging a vehicle, like vehicle destroyed, vehicle disabled, platform destroyed, chain damaged, motor damaged etc. do not count towards the assignement. If a tank has just 1 HP and you destroy it with a limpet, you'll get 251 points, 1 damage + 250 for vehicle destroyed. However the assignement only counts the 1 damage point, as that is how much damage you actually dealt.
    Also if the vehicle is empty, you don't get damage points for it anymore, but still get points for destroying it, so an empty vehicle is useless for the assignement.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did it long time ago and I don't remember, but for the assault 300 explosive vehicle damage, basically if it's not another player it counted as a vehicle, stationary, horses, enemy mortars and so on. What I've been trying to do and I don't know if is possible, is flying around in the heavy bomber dropping limpets trying to get one kill. Limpets are so much fun for me, most of the times it's a suicidal run but those after death kills. At this point in the game, just play for fun, for example make them chase me around a corner drop a limpet (you need the right timing), got killed a lot but when I get the kill and even more if it's after death, so fun.
  • Kongo030
    666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best way is not to focus on the assignment but keep it in the back of your head. E.g. have the limpet charge equipment but don't suicide towards tanks. If you do try to play conquest where you have vehicles camping. Arty trucks in the rear are easy prey.
  • Ronin9572
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think there is something wrong with the way the vehicle damage counter towards the 1500 damage increments. I have deployed several limpets on vehicles now and destroyed them and got no points I just did it today destroyed a vehicle with a limpet. the driver had just exited the tank and it was empty and I got a vehicle destroyed for 250 points and a weapon disabled for 50 points and the counter did not increment one point. Anyone know why you destroy vehicles with limpets and get no points Towards the 1500?

I have wondered the same for some time now. Been working on the same thing(casually). But the damage is all over the place. Very frustrating when you put 1 limped on and it does 23 smh, do it again in the same place and it does 1? On a similar subject I just did the medal for the Turning Tides, the one you need 1000 dmg to L class destroyers. I did it but it was a pain in the bum. Luckily I'm a decent torpedo boat pilot!
  • Forkbeard84
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just checking back to let you all know I completed this and to thank you for your help. I learned a lot about using limpets in the process. The way I did it was just to take my time and whenever I saw a tank that was fairly close, I'd spawn in as support and try to get a limpet on it. This was probably the way I got my most points. And then second was finding fixed stationary weapons that I could limpet. Anyways it was all great fun and I still think limpets are mostly a very suicidal gadget.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I unlocked this challenge using the limpet on the big fortress guns.

I think it was second bunker on monte Grappa the defenders where dug in like an Alabama tick and kept repairing the big gun and using it to shell my team mates. I was using the turret as cover and kept pelting it with limpet and light anti tank grenades.