Weekly Debrief

So the arty truck is taboo now?

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Back to topic please. I did some further analysis and indeed in more and more games the arty truck felt more useless than suiciding in a landship towards the flag. So I think there's an easy fix to this problem. Give the arty mortar truck 10 rounds and let it reload much faster. That should make it more useful for the attacking team.

Your idea is to buff god-mode? I have to disagree on this one. A mortar with which you can sit save in your spawn, was a bad idea to add to the game in the first place. It is not helpful for the attacking team most of the time, but it is extremly powerful for the guy who drives it, so i don't think we should buff it.

I wish we could launch vehicles like in bf4. I’d gladdly launch these camping arty trucks towards or past the objective
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Back to topic please. I did some further analysis and indeed in more and more games the arty truck felt more useless than suiciding in a landship towards the flag. So I think there's an easy fix to this problem. Give the arty mortar truck 10 rounds and let it reload much faster. That should make it more useful for the attacking team.

Easy fix is to remove the variant. The supportkit has a mortar,dont waste a tank if you wanna sit in the back.
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Easy fix is to remove the variant. The supportkit has a mortar,dont waste a tank if you wanna sit in the back.

That might be the easy fix. Support with a mortar however is not near as powerful as the arty truck.
  • SaperioN
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HEEEELLO DIIIICE ?
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

That might be the easy fix. Support with a mortar however is not near as powerful as the arty truck.

As it should be. A tool which one can use while sitting in complete savety shouldn't be all that powerful tbh.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not much for conspiracy theories but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that the mortar truck was added to persuade people to move on to BFV. Look at what was added towards the end. The Mortar truck buff, the Murometz buff, the SMG 08 buff. Three things that the game did not need but was added anyway for no apparent reason and Dice never responds when they are brought up.
  • CS-2107
    I'm not much for conspiracy theories but I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me that the mortar truck was added to persuade people to move on to BFV. Look at what was added towards the end. The Mortar truck buff, the Murometz buff, the SMG 08 buff. Three things that the game did not need but was added anyway for no apparent reason and Dice never responds when they are brought up.

Wait the mortar truck was buffed? What did they do? That may explain the insane increase in usage of that aweful thing.
  • research-kitchen
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's already way over buffed especially in operations, bomb the flags wait for the medics to run in and boom again. I remember one game I ended up with 162 kills, and if you like flying it will definitely keep the enemy off the AA.
  • MarxistDictator
    4908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Wait the mortar truck was buffed? What did they do? That may explain the insane increase in usage of that aweful thing.

It didn't have the mortar landship projectile before Apocalypse, it couldn't one hit kill and it used the mortar-airburst projectile (so you may have killed an under 10 HP disabled tank with a couple directs, no hope otherwise). Now its even better than the landship mortar since it has 4 shells per reload and the time it takes for one to come back is like the same time it takes for it to fire again after it recenters. So broken.
  • LeesSummit09
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just finished Fao Fortress(operations) and enemy arty truck went 92-0 and his/her team still lost. The fact they sit out of bounds and there is little you can do, makes it frustrating. Hope nothing like this in BFV. On a side note, I think I will miss the Behemoths. Nothing like watching the Blimp go down with HDR turned on. Just don't think they should come in the second time if you held off the attack on last flags.
  • CS-2107

It didn't have the mortar landship projectile before Apocalypse, it couldn't one hit kill and it used the mortar-airburst projectile (so you may have killed an under 10 HP disabled tank with a couple directs, no hope otherwise). Now its even better than the landship mortar since it has 4 shells per reload and the time it takes for one to come back is like the same time it takes for it to fire again after it recenters. So broken.

Sometimes one could wonder what DICE is thinking when they try to balance things like this. "Oh this thing isn't used as much as other vehicles, let's buff it to an over the top murder machine and completly overdo it. Oh and while we're at it, the SMG 08 isn't used as much, so we simply can double it's firerate. And this Heavy bomber, well, we can see the attack plane is used way more often... So maybe we need to make the bomber able to kill everyone with the press of a button. That seems like a good idea"
  • Kongo030
    656 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen this with many games and especially when OP things get nerfed that the devs overdo it and things get nerfed to death. Don't know if there's an underlying concept which I don't get. The only thing I can imagine is not to do very little steps in order to see results fast.

In case of the mortar truck it would have been the obvious thing to simply increase the reload time but it would have needed some advantage over the mortar landship like multiple rounds.
  • NLBartmaN
    3316 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And this Heavy bomber, well, we can see the attack plane is used way more often... So maybe we need to make the bomber able to kill everyone with the press of a button. That seems like a good idea"

The Heavy Bomber was nerfed the last time ...

Reloading takes a lot of time now (not just one turn like before) and damage area went down with at least 50%, so you need to aim a lot better now.

Attack plane can make more kills in a round of operations than the HB now and it a lot harder to take down.
  • CS-2107
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    And this Heavy bomber, well, we can see the attack plane is used way more often... So maybe we need to make the bomber able to kill everyone with the press of a button. That seems like a good idea"

Reloading takes a lot of time now (not just one turn like before) and damage area went down with at least 50%, so you need to aim a lot better now.

Attack plane can make more kills in a round of operations than the HB now and it a lot harder to take down.

I agree on that. Yet I still think for operations the HB can be a bit too strong, as it might not get as many kills as the attack plane, but whenever there is a dangerous push from the attackers one guy can jump into the HB and break the attack down. And no when you are fighting at the objectives against fire from either direction, you don't have the time to search for a good position and shoot the HB down. It is easy to shoot it down, when you focus on it, but when you have objectives to push, you can't "waste" half of your team to take down a plane.
  • CS-2107
    They could for example do it, like they did on DLC maps with the tank restrictions. Just ban the mortar truck and the Heavy bomber strategic loadout from operations. All those things are far less gamebreaking on conquest, but for operations a fix is needed.
  • NLBartmaN
    3316 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I agree on that. Yet I still think for operations the HB can be a bit too strong, as it might not get as many kills as the attack plane, but whenever there is a dangerous push from the attackers one guy can jump into the HB and break the attack down. And no when you are fighting at the objectives against fire from either direction, you don't have the time to search for a good position and shoot the HB down. It is easy to shoot it down, when you focus on it, but when you have objectives to push, you can't "waste" half of your team to take down a plane.

You only need one man with AA, AA rocket gun, AA truck or fighter to protect the attack and stop a HB very fast ...

The only reason why the HB can be better than the Attack plane on operations is the fact that the area it can cover with it bombs in one drop is bigger.
    But that area is no longer big enough after the last patch to stop a flag cap if the flag takers spread up just a little.

And after a HB drop you have more than enough time to take a flag before the HB can return for another full drop.
    The time to take a flag (with a squad) is a lot shorter than the reload time of the HB.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

It doesn't matter, the dirt bags that fly them use them for one strafe and they jump out or happily go down with the ship. They'll get 4-15 kills per pass with that strategy which is more than they can do on their feet and they'll just keep respawning them. They can go 30 and 10 burning up 10 HBs and its still a boon to their garbage KD.

Its the same thing with the mortar truck. Every single time I've looked up a mortar truck user they have a 1.50 KD or less, and usually its much, much lower, like .50 and then miraculously their average KD for the past few weeks will be like 60-120 because they only use the mortar truck on operations and they will quit the map as soon as they die or the mortar truck isn't viable anymore. They are the lowest form of player.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just land three AA rockets on a heavy bomber and then finish them with my primary. Although I'm not in Ops since I don't do 64 man Ops.
  • Kongo030
    656 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To use the HB on defense I do this nowadays:
    1. Use the spot to light up the crowd
    2. Use the MGs to get a few kills (1-3 usually) and soften up the rest of the crowd
    3. Use the spotting a second time right before the flag
    4. Release bombs on flag
    5. Immediately eject and let my team benefit from the huge flare I got through the perk
    6. Become the most hated parachute passenger
    7. Get one or more kills on the ground before being lynched
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just taking care of it in the usual way. It managed to waste a whole attack on first sector, needless to say once it was gone went to Argonne in 1 swoop and won that 1 as well. So tired of this selfish KD boosting vehicle.