Weekly BF

Help please

0620rhett
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I want to get back into BF1 but I refused to buy the packs once they started screwing us over. How much have y’all spent on the game since 2015? Thanks!
-Tha Juandering

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's the point of this thread anyway?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1784 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing. I would never in a thousand years spend money on cosmetics in this game..

In this game.......

• ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've never bought a battlepack with real money and have never felt the need to do so. Doubt I'll need to do so any time soon either since I've got over 20,000 scraps right now.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    0620rhett wrote: »
    I want to get back into BF1 but I refused to buy the packs once they started screwing us over. How much have y’all spent on the game since 2015? Thanks!
    -Tha Juandering

Do you mean battlepacks with weapon skins, or do you mean DLCs? They’ve been handing out the DLCs for free, and even Premium recently, if that’s your question. Presumably, they will be free again at some point.

If you mean battlepacks then I really don’t understand your question.
  • 0620rhett
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    -Tha Juandering

Do you mean battlepacks with weapon skins, or do you mean DLCs? They’ve been handing out the DLCs for free, and even Premium recently, if that’s your question. Presumably, they will be free again at some point.

I thought you had to buy the packs so advance to other maps? After they started bringing new content into the game the servers were crapping out on me and couldn’t get a full game of people ever. So in the game you’re able to earn dogtag points and use them to buy the packs?
  • 0620rhett
    -Tha Juandering

I thought you had to buy the packs so advance to other maps? After they started bringing new content into the game the servers were crapping out on me and couldn’t get a full game of people ever. So in the game you’re able to earn dogtag points and use them to buy the packs?

And yes DLC’s, not battle packs my b
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Premium was free,or is still free? for a limited time. All maps were free at some point just like in bf4 and hardline. All games were on sale for 4,99 at some point as well.
    I bought bf1 premium on sale for 19,99 or 29,99,cant remember. Its ok for really many new maps. Really dislike many of the dlc maps though(especially the russian maps are all garbage imo)all in all bf4 and especially bf3 premium was better,but it was still worth it.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I spent 120 euros on Ultimate Edition back in September 2015 I think. I remember Dice hiding Ultimate Edition until the last moment. Never regret buying all Premium passes for BF3/4/1.
  • 0620rhett
    So I never have to buy maps and whatnot if I use the ingame points ?
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So I never have to buy maps and whatnot if I use the ingame points ?

No. You have to pay,it was free until 18th september. Perhaps it will be free again at some point but i doubt it. Bad timing.
    There are 2 in game currencies,warbonds for weapons,scraps for battlepacks/skins.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -Tha Juandering

As others have said, you need to buy the DLCs or Premium with real money. However, right now, the French and Russian DLCs are free, while the other two will be free next week. After that Premium, with all four packs, will once again be free. Make sure to pick up these packs while they’re free.

Read more here: https://www.battlefield.com/news/battlefield-5-stage-5-announcement
  • disposalist
    8661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Never bought a pack. Not interested in weapon skins, though I have used XP boosts and gone after melee weapons. Have 96,000 scraps and nothing to spend them on.
  • Forkbeard84
    1617 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah weapon skins are not that exciting to me either. Some of the vehicle skins and puzzle pieces are good.

Op I dont remember exactly what I paid but it was pretty much full price back in the day (2016). I bought BF1 first and then the Ultimate edtion. I think they both totaled over $120.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11035 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I spent exactly tree fitty. Not a penny more. Not s penny less.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    think you can still pick up a couple of the expansions free at the minute - "They shall not pass" & " in the name of..."
  • ElliotLH
    8532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    think you can still pick up a couple of the expansions free at the minute - "They shall not pass" & " in the name of..."

Looks like the other two will follow after that too so good news for people who missed them last time.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Around 3 euros per day on beers and I won´t say about the amount off bottles filled with Jameson.
  • research-kitchen
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle packs are useless I have 860 unopened. Never cared about the cosmetics.
  • MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was the beta even out in 2015?