Weekly Debrief

Invisible Players

WetFishDB
1987 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi all,

Has anyone felt that the frequency of invisible players has increased? It feels like there's at least one every night now. Does anyone else experience the same. I literally ran right into one yesterday, who appeared a second or two after I died.

Comments

• fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. I share this experience.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For what it’s worth, it happens very rarely for me, and I haven’t noticed an increase lately.
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not noticed and increase myself but I have noticed that it still happens. Mostly in the killcam after they've splatted me :D
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I even met a completely invisible player,even in killcam i didnt see anything and he got a couple more kills while i watched the killcam.
  • WetFishDB
    1987 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks guys. Seems like we all see it happening, but a mixture of those who have and have not noticed an increase.

I even had a flametrooper that was entirely invisible the other day. His bodies 'skin' had seemingly got caught on a building near where the kit spawned and the guy was just running around with flames coming out of mid-air. But that's the only time I've seen that thankfully. I only noticed his 'skin' because I tried shooting it earlier in the round and nothing happened, only for me to be killed by him a few minutes later.

Fingers crossed Dice figure out what's causing it and address prior to BFV.
  • Ronin9572
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @WetFishDB I too have noticed more of these recently. It's funny because me and another friend were just talking about this the other night while we were playing.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve had a couple that my entire mic’d up squad couldn’t see right in front of us.
  • IM_A_BLIND_KID
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah happens all the time to me...was on the B flag on Amiens looked in the corner where the flame trooper pick up was nobody was there...gets killed and the guy was invisible in the very corner I just looked.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah happens all the time to me...was on the B flag on Amiens looked in the corner where the flame trooper pick up was nobody was there...gets killed and the guy was invisible in the very corner I just looked.

Well, i wouldn't expect a blind kid to see enemies anyway..... :o

Seriously tho', i've been experiencing more than usual dice magic lately aswell, invisibles are a big part of that. It feels to me like it's consistantly inconsistant. It has always been like this for me, going from "amazing" killstreaks to amazing deathstreaks within the same game, or going on a rampage the first game only to get rekt severly the second, on the same server with the same 14ms ping i'm getting on German servers. Somehow, there's little to no difference in my experience to U.S.East 90+ ping and any European server i join with a low ping. That's has always kind of fascinated me...
  • ksdff
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    YES!

Thought I was going mad.
    It's happening almost daily.

The most crazy one was a couple of days ago on one of the Russian maps.
    A guy showed up on the mini map as entering a room I was in with 2 other team mates. There was know one there, from my perspective, until I died and watched the 2 other guys get knifed in the back on the killcam while they were spinning round trying to figure out what the fook was going on.

The frequency of which the enemy just seems to magically appear next to me is also infuriating. I have been knifed in the back way to much lately.
  • dcs500
    1414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, along with the endless shot through walls, rocks, mountains, etc.
    Can't wait for the new one...
    :/
  • ElliotLH
    8367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how many times we've been the invisible ones?
  • WetFishDB
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I know I have at least once as I was playing on the opposite team as someone else in the party. In most cases it seems to be temporary thankfully. Only seen a few that seem permanent (as in that person is invisible for prolonged periods, even after I've died and re-spawned etc). Can you imagine if you had the Villa Perosa and were invisible?! My god the fun that could be had!
  • ElliotLH
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I know I have at least once as I was playing on the opposite team as someone else in the party. In most cases it seems to be temporary thankfully. Only seen a few that seem permanent (as in that person is invisible for prolonged periods, even after I've died and re-spawned etc). Can you imagine if you had the Villa Perosa and were invisible?! My god the fun that could be had!

Oh man that would be crazy if that happened when you had the VP!
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Brokenfield 1 at it's best.
  • Ronin9572
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Every time I hear "Brokenfield" I think of BFFs. Man I miss those!
  • ragnarok013
    3196 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    Every time I hear "Brokenfield" I think of BFFs. Man I miss those!

I believe all of us BF vets miss the BFFs too. I really miss the buzz that happened when everyone would post on Battlelog that a new episode was released.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bffs is the only series i never got tired of,watched all episodes numerous times. Got,walking dead,big bang theory etc all dont have a chance. So many great moments...bf3 time=best time.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I went 1 to 11 in my last conquest match. Finally quit the match in total frustration. Shooting enemy square in chest with automatic up close and I die in one shot, scan area - no one there, take a step out of cover and instantly dead. Suddenly someone is there right in front of me. Kill by player on the other side of a stone wall. Rest, things like shooting players in the back only to have them turn around and kill me or just run away, then killed about another player that wasn't there and suddenly is.

Recently new to BF1 and I can't seem to find a gun that kills other players as fast as they can kill me.

Hope BV5 is better as I am looking forward to it.
  • WetFishDB
    Yes, I went 1 to 11 in my last conquest match. Finally quit the match in total frustration. Shooting enemy square in chest with automatic up close and I die in one shot, scan area - no one there, take a step out of cover and instantly dead. Suddenly someone is there right in front of me. Kill by player on the other side of a stone wall. Rest, things like shooting players in the back only to have them turn around and kill me or just run away, then killed about another player that wasn't there and suddenly is.

Recently new to BF1 and I can't seem to find a gun that kills other players as fast as they can kill me.

Hope BV5 is better as I am looking forward to it.

I never have it that bad, normally happens at most one or twice a night at most (and that's playing for 3-5 hours normally). If you are going 1:11 and they are all invisible or dodgy, then there's something else at play for you.
This discussion has been closed.