Weekly BF

Trench fighter dart damage rework/buff?

Neo_TypeS
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
First I have to agree that the Spring nerf is indeed needed. No more trench fighter spamming now.

I believe that 17% less damage, halved explosion radius and 3 seconds longer CD are all fine for experienced pilots.
But "direct hit no longer hurts soldiers" does punish pinpoint shot too much.

As a pilot, now you have to be between accurate and inaccurate to get a kill. Being too accurate, so that some darts directly hit the soldier's body and deal no damage. While being inaccurate does not deal enough damage to kill an infantry.

I couldn't count how many times I was doing an almost-crash dive, landing darts right on some infantry's body, having them perfectly surrounded by craters, and they don't die !

Why does direct hit deal no damage? That makes no sense.

Please leave a comment and let me know that I'm not the only one annoyed by this issue.

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure that just means they fixed them dealing impact and splash damage at the same time. This same nerf was also applied to the AA because it made it extremely broken.
  • Miles_Vappa
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would have liked it if trench darts did direct damage only, which would be “kind of” realistic, actually encouraging accuracy. High damage requiring high accuracy = skill cannon
  • Neo_TypeS
    I'm pretty sure that just means they fixed them dealing impact and splash damage at the same time. This same nerf was also applied to the AA because it made it extremely broken.

I understand what you mean. But since they have already nerfed the explosion radius, which is kinda a nerf to the potential damage the darts can deal, why nerf the direct hit damage at the same time?

As for the AA, I believe removing the direct hit damage was a bug fix, as it make no sense an automatic detonating explosive rounds will ever direct hit vehicles before it explodes.
  • Neo_TypeS
    I would have liked it if trench darts did direct damage only, which would be “kind of” realistic, actually encouraging accuracy. High damage requiring high accuracy = skill cannon

In that case I would suggest that the darts can bounce off surfaces to kill anyone they impact.
  • Miles_Vappa
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Neo_TypeS wrote: »

In that case I would suggest that the darts can bounce off surfaces to kill anyone they impact.

Yes i meant to say but somehow blanked. It should be like richochets- a high altitude drop would mean a near 90 degree angle and lead to no bounce, low altitude (perhaps less than 30 degrees) leads to bounce
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I still get my kills 90% of the time,but if direct hits dont do dmg that should be changed. Not sure if thats the case,i still do it in 3rd person all the time. Its definetely better balanced then it once was and its still really easy to get kills.
  • Neo_TypeS
    I still get my kills 90% of the time,but if direct hits dont do dmg that should be changed. Not sure if thats the case,i still do it in 3rd person all the time. Its definetely better balanced then it once was and its still really easy to get kills.

I tried to vertical dive and drop the darts about 20 - 25 meters above my target and pull up for many times. I could confirm that the target is perfectly surrounded by the darts. The explosives formed an circle area, as I drop them vertically, but all I got was about 66 damage most of the time. I also tried this on an enemy AA. I even got more hit markers on the AA than on the soldier who was on that AA.

The only possibility that this would happen, is that the dart hits enemy soldier directly and vanishes, so that it won't even hit the ground and explode.

This should be considered a bug. Considering when a soldier is hit by a horse or vehicle, he should be insta killed or at least heavily wounded, instead of taking no damage at all.