so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• FearNoTears
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No there's more chance that I will fight zombies and get WWII. I don't like old or the changes. Felt more like Squad.
  • OswaldBates
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    As a BF Vet who hates BF3 and the subsequent games, I’m giving 5 a serious look. Glad they got rid of some of the casual features I hated and are trying to increase team play. Although it’s gonna come down to the players at the end of the day.
  • nrgizer36
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm guilty after playing beta I was going to hold off. Reading about the Attrition in game makes alot of sense. Well I got Titanfall 2 and SWBF2 for dirt cheap so yeah I'm guilty I pre ordered and I never pre order. I'm supporting an unfinished game 🤔🤔 So I'm prepared for the burn but it's the last time also knowing I got SWBF2 for $24.00 less than 3 months after release makes pre ordering unappealing
  • JamieCurnock
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    nrgizer36 wrote: »
    I'm guilty after playing beta I was going to hold off. Reading about the Attrition in game makes alot of sense. Well I got Titanfall 2 and SWBF2 for dirt cheap so yeah I'm guilty I pre ordered and I never pre order. I'm supporting an unfinished game 🤔🤔 So I'm prepared for the burn but it's the last time also knowing I got SWBF2 for $24.00 less than 3 months after release makes pre ordering unappealing

This is the first battlefield I've pre ordered. Played the beta and was totally sold.
  • Gadianzero
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm a no. I tried the beta and it felt like a reskinned version of BF1. I'm still playing BF4 because I think it's the best BF to date and until they can get back to that formula I don't think I'll be interested in any others.
  • UnearthedCO
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was a big fan of BF1. DICE nailed the gameplay, the graphics and game modes. BFV had too many changes to the gameplay to make it feel more tactical but in the end the game isn't as fun as BF1. I still might buy the game just to support DICE but I don't play it as much because the fun factor has been taken away. DICE has let me down with SW BF2 and now with BF5. They were once my favorite developer with SW BF1 and BF1 but we will see. This time around DICE listened too much to the hardcore players and now the game's sales are weak and the beta didn't help much. The beta didn't feel like a WW2 game.

I may still buy the game to support DICE in hopes the next battlefield will be more like BF1. Maybe DICE should make a tactical BF shooter series and a casual series like BF1 instead of splitting the community. I'm more exicted about Anthem then BFV and that's sad because BF1 is my favorite multiplayer shooter of all time.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was a big fan of BF1. DICE nailed the gameplay, the graphics and game modes. BFV had too many changes to the gameplay to make it feel more tactical but in the end the game isn't as fun as BF1. I still might buy the game just to support DICE but I don't play it as much because the fun factor has been taken away. DICE has let me down with SW BF2 and now with BF5. They were once my favorite developer with SW BF1 and BF1 but we will see. This time around DICE listened too much to the hardcore players and now the game's sales are weak and the beta didn't help much. The beta didn't feel like a WW2 game.

I may still buy the game to support DICE in hopes the next battlefield will be more like BF1. Maybe DICE should make a tactical BF shooter series and a casual series like BF1 instead of splitting the community. I'm more exicted about Anthem then BFV and that's sad because BF1 is my favorite multiplayer shooter of all time.

Just to show that there truly is such a huge difference in opinions in the community; BF1 for me was arguably one of the worst BF games. I pre-ordered it, but i only have around 360 hours on it. which considering i have over 10 000 hours in BF1942 isn't much. For me BF1 got old quick, it was too arcade styled and i felt like i was playing a singleplayer game even when i was playing multiplayer. I enjoyed it some, but in the end BF1 was too casual and too easy to play. Also didn't like the elite classes, horses that basically were reskinned tanks, planes spawning mid-air, auto-regen of health, vehicles with unlimited ammo etc..
    -
    For me, BFV is a step in the right direction and back to what true battlefield is. They still have auto-regen of health, but at least they've cut it down to 30. Also still have planes spawning mid-air, but it looks like at least some places they are spawning on actual airstrips. The attrition system is well welcomed, especially for vehicles. No more tanks camping for 45 minutes on a hill side or w.e.
    -

• nrgizer36
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »

Just to show that there truly is such a huge difference in opinions in the community; BF1 for me was arguably one of the worst BF games. I pre-ordered it, but i only have around 360 hours on it. which considering i have over 10 000 hours in BF1942 isn't much. For me BF1 got old quick, it was too arcade styled and i felt like i was playing a singleplayer game even when i was playing multiplayer. I enjoyed it some, but in the end BF1 was too casual and too easy to play. Also didn't like the elite classes, horses that basically were reskinned tanks, planes spawning mid-air, auto-regen of health, vehicles with unlimited ammo etc..
    -
    For me, BFV is a step in the right direction and back to what true battlefield is. They still have auto-regen of health, but at least they've cut it down to 30. Also still have planes spawning mid-air, but it looks like at least some places they are spawning on actual airstrips. The attrition system is well welcomed, especially for vehicles. No more tanks camping for 45 minutes on a hill side or w.e.
    -

Funny, I had the most fun with 3, liked 4. playing B1 again I am reminded that I actually did enjoy it ! A variety of maps and nice setting. Server issues and all other issues aside if I remember BF 4 took months to get itself together. I'm starting to look forward to working with what we get in BF5 Modern warfare will have to come back eventually and I avoided ww2 fps years ago.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to use the 10 hour trial with Origin Access. If they've fixed the gameplay, then possibly.
  • warslag
    1179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm going to use the 10 hour trial with Origin Access. If they've fixed the gameplay, then possibly.

I was thinking of buying Origin Access but it seems to work out as an expensive way to buy games unless you want to play at least 3 or 4 different full-price Origin games a year.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    The dev talks which delve into the nitty gritty of the gameplay without all the dopey hyperbole and corporate types spouting total bare faced lies with rap music in the background, are something new from DICE.

Being open about exactly how the mechanics work and seeing the footage captured from the debug mode on Frostbite was exactly what I wanted to see to prove that BFV is moving towards what I expect from a BF game. Namely a slightly more thoughtful FPS title.

I still dislike BF1 and everything out of DICE since 2015 but actual devs being candid about the new game and being firm on their vision has swayed me in recent weeks.

I am not expecting much more than a tweaked BF1, so my expectations for a game with DICE printed on the cover are extremely low.

Post edited by BURGERKRIEG on
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Although I've decided to go With Premier this time I think Battlefield has always been worth a purchase. Even the games I didn't much care for, such as BF1, I still played enough to get my money's worth.
    Everyone has their own metric for value but BF has always been a solid bet for me.
  • parkingbrake
    2197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimesSU wrote: »
    Not at launch at least. I enjoyed the quicker TTK and the gunplay, but wasn't impressed with the BETA and what I saw with the historical accuracy as a whole, so I cancelled my pre-order.
    I don't have a lot of faith in the 'Live Service' model either after what happened to previous games that used it.
    Maybe I'll pick it up a few months down the line if a lot of the issues I have with it are fixed and the 'Live Service' model hasn't killed it.

I'm certainly going to wait and see how the game is at launch, and I'll never pre-order again as I think pre-orders encourage game developers to release now and fix it later. But unless they really screw it up I'll probably buy BF V in part because everyone I play with is going to jump on it. I didn't do that with BF1 because of how EA gutted the clan community by taking away server control, but I don't belong to a clan anymore so it doesn't bother me as much as it did.
  • nrgizer36
    Doubt dice is going anywhere but look at telltale games the industry can crash on itself so it's nice to hear a bit more from developers. BF is a game that no matter what shoddy state it is I get my money worth. So, ..... glad some are holding off on purchase while others find it worth the while.
    Could we imagine Dice suspends BF series indefinitely to focus on SWBF3 and is laying off 82% of its staff 😐😶
  • cso7777
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the first battlefield I've pre ordered. Played the beta and was totally sold.

The same here.

They really seem to have fixed a lot of the really frustrating things about BF4 and BF1.

Hopefully the final game will not differ too much from the beta (gameplay-wise) and all the bugs will be fixed.
  • TropicPoison
    1987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No there's more chance that I will fight zombies and get WWII. I don't like old or the changes. Felt more like Squad.

What are you even saying?
  • FearNoTears
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I've been waiting for a game to follow BF3 and I giving up. Mean while I found fighting the zombies in COD Bos3 fun, so I'll be looking at COD bos 4. BF has come down to run/gun, so maybe WWII can do it better. Looks more like the BF I'm wanting. They lost me at BF4. Not just with all the gadgets and lock ones, but by them changing the game mid way. That alone is a deal breaker and never pay full price again. Until they stop changing the game mid way. The P isn't a bad ideal to me or is dl's, but I think they should just be maps. Instead of adding more poo and game changers to the game. I played 1942, BF1-4 and this doesn't feel like BF to me. TTK seems to long when I was doing the shooting as people turned around and killed me. I died with in a sec or two from who knows were and the TTK seem to short. Adjust my play. I did, accept for squad ing up. NEVER!
  • Radious1987
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've been waiting for a game to follow BF3 and I giving up. Mean while I found fighting the zombies in COD Bos3 fun, so I'll be looking at COD bos 4. BF has come down to run/gun, so maybe WWII can do it better. Looks more like the BF I'm wanting. They lost me at BF4. Not just with all the gadgets and lock ones, but by them changing the game mid way. That alone is a deal breaker and never pay full price again. Until they stop changing the game mid way. The P isn't a bad ideal to me or is dl's, but I think they should just be maps. Instead of adding more poo and game changers to the game. I played 1942, BF1-4 and this doesn't feel like BF to me. TTK seems to long when I was doing the shooting as people turned around and killed me. I died with in a sec or two from who knows were and the TTK seem to short. Adjust my play. I did, accept for squad ing up. NEVER!

Sounds like total CoD player for which was BF never meant to be anyway. If you prefer 100 times recycled zombies and cloned 10th cod in the row that BF5 is really not for you.
  • ragnarok013
    1809 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ScoobyDDoo wrote: »
    must be a technique or good timing thing, i've been in BF4 chopper and died on first hit with a stinger, been on BF3 and able to escape after two stinger hits long enough to repair. I will concede anyway not really a big difference but they are indeed different lol

After 2 stinger hits in bf3 you were dead. In bf4 as well,but you werent disabled after 1 hit. The only lockon that could kill you with 1 hit(without soflam) was the hvm,a battlepickup.

That only started after the armored kill buff to stingers, before that attack choppers were almost unkillable flying tanks.