This Week in Battlefield V

Q&A - All medals (BF1)

Xx-Eas-xX
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2018
I'll try to help the best I can with any tips or guiding towards achieving any specific medal. Since I have got all the medals myself, I can say that I feel confident helping anyone out how to do it.
First off all there are 3 steps of requirements.

Step 1: Skill! Are you noob or just don't play that much. Then stop wasting your time...
Step 2: The Medal-system is kind of **** (If it hasn't been a recent patch for it yet). The 5 weekly medals will be randomly obtainable and you need to cross your buttocks that you'll see the ones your after to appear. Be patient.
Step 3: Some medals are really hard to get, don't get mad at the game or your counter-players for ruining everything for you. Beacuse they will! :'(

Any other than that. Fire away!

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The hardest medals are the ones where you need to play 1 or 2 specific maps because it can get really frustrating to join games at 950 points...
    None is really hard from a gameplay perspective but for some you need a bit of time.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only "tough" medal to me was the one that wants you to get assists count as kills. It relies too much on others and i had to willingky miss my shots to get some.
  • Xx-Eas-xX
    @Callahan44er, indeed it is frustrating. You have you have to be dependent on other players to play that specific map or mode aswell. The key is to give it time and continuously refresh servers. I had the same problem with certain maps and game-modes. I know it is time consuming but eventually you will find the right map. There are still many servers operating with random maps and different modes.
    unfortunately I have no great solution for entering a late game. That's just a bittersweet part of BF :wink:

GL and hang in there!
  • Xx-Eas-xX
    @magosnow, Some medal-assignments makes you play really bad! I remember pursuing the "Legion of Sacred Unity" Medal with:

10 Squad Suppression Assists
    5 Squad Kill Assists
    2 Squad Avenger Kills

I think thats the one you referring to. :smiley: I laughed so hard while playing for this one just hitting a enemy with a sniper-rifle(not a headshot) and then hope for my squad-member to finnish the job! I played Team-Deathmatch for this one and I luckely got it pretty quick.

Even the "Squad Avenger kills" makes you have to play awfully, fallowing your team around and hope for them to die so you can avange them right after. o:)
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Xx-Eas-xX wrote: »
    @magosnow, Some medal-assignments makes you play really bad! I remember pursuing the "Legion of Sacred Unity" Medal with:

10 Squad Suppression Assists
    5 Squad Kill Assists
    2 Squad Avenger Kills

I think thats the one you referring to. :smiley: I laughed so hard while playing for this one just hitting a enemy with a sniper-rifle(not a headshot) and then hope for my squad-member to finnish the job! I played Team-Deathmatch for this one and I luckely got it pretty quick.

Even the "Squad Avenger kills" makes you have to play awfully, fallowing your team around and hope for them to die so you can avange them right after. o:)

Or you just play normal and it takes a little longer...
  • disposalist
    8605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2018
    The ones where you need "suppression assists" or kills are the worst. Not "squad suppression assists", but normal ones. Because squad assists don't count for some reason, it means you not only need to miss your targets you need to stay away from or leave your squad to get them.

Awesome design.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The stupidest criteria had to be the French medal that required you to get 25 kills as a tanker, outside your tank. So, you had to spawn in a tank, then abandon said tank, and proceed to get 25 kills as infantry. It didn’t count if you were a gunner in a tank, or if you used stationary weapons. Only infantry kills counted. So, you got one or two kills with your lousy primary. Then you had to wait for a new tank to spawn in and abandon. Not fun, and a tremendous waste of team assets.

They later changed the criteria, to tank kills.
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok I've got one: what's the best tactics for getting 5 kills in one life with a revolver? I've attempted this medal a few times now and always get stuck on that part.
  • NLBartmaN
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Ok I've got one: what's the best tactics for getting 5 kills in one life with a revolver? I've attempted this medal a few times now and always get stuck on that part.

Camp on a spot where the enemy sees you too late and you will almost every time have a headshot ... and take a revolver that does lots of damage and fires fast

Example: above the ladders on Ballroom ... if someone climbs the ladder and is almost at the top you just shoot them in the head
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Camp on a spot where the enemy sees you too late and you will almost every time have a headshot ... and take a revolver that does lots of damage and fires fast

Example: above the ladders on Ballroom ... if someone climbs the ladder and is almost at the top you just shoot them in the head

Thank you for the advice dude. I think I'll give that a go on Ballroom and the tower over F on Fao with the auto revolver. I'm also hoping to try finding some willing snipers for the headshots.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The way I did it was on a Back to Basics server. Played as a medic, and did the old scout trick of shooting once with the rifle, and then switch to sidearm to finish the kill. Since I was a medic, I could myself between engagements. Maybe hard to find a Back to Basics server nowadays, though.
  • ElliotLH
    Ploodovic wrote: »

The way I did it was on a Back to Basics server. Played as a medic, and did the old scout trick of shooting once with the rifle, and then switch to sidearm to finish the kill. Since I was a medic, I could myself between engagements. Maybe hard to find a Back to Basics server nowadays, though.

Thanks to you as well bud. I did try finding a B2B server yesterday coincidentally but it's like gold-dust unfortunately. Mind you I did find an active Air Assault one last night to finish another medal so there's always hope.

If I can't find a B2B server and the tower method doesn't work I'll just try sticking with the zerg and see what happens.
  • disposalist
    8605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Use Rush game mode and camp the radio (enemy concentrate on that). Parachute in behind sniper nests.
  • disposalist
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    The stupidest criteria had to be the French medal that required you to get 25 kills as a tanker, outside your tank. So, you had to spawn in a tank, then abandon said tank, and proceed to get 25 kills as infantry. It didn’t count if you were a gunner in a tank, or if you used stationary weapons. Only infantry kills counted. So, you got one or two kills with your lousy primary. Then you had to wait for a new tank to spawn in and abandon. Not fun, and a tremendous waste of team assets.

They later changed the criteria, to tank kills.
    That one was ridiculous, yes, but was a bug (or a mistake), which they fixed. The team assist one is still in lol.
  • b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Scout+Spotting Flare+Bodeo
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Peacekeeper amd sniper switcheroo.
    It's how i usually play so i didn't really have to try. Killing/stealing softened enemies is the best i guess.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Probably one of the hardest medals, I also did mine by camping a little rock ledge on the left of the bridge of Argonne Forrest. Felt dirty but i couldn't do it otherwise.
  • ElliotLH
    Thank you all for the tips as they've all been a massive help. I'm still yet to tick off the medal but now have the headshots out of the way (cheers campy snipers lol). I made a few attempts at the five kills in one life but kept dying to the fifth guy and there weren't any medics around. However I'm confident that with your tips I'll get it done tomorrow.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don´t care about medails or assigments, got a few do but mostly on just luck.
    The Tour of Duty Medal must be the most difficult one for me, any tips on it are welcom
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you all for the tips as they've all been a massive help. I'm still yet to tick off the medal but now have the headshots out of the way (cheers campy snipers lol). I made a few attempts at the five kills in one life but kept dying to the fifth guy and there weren't any medics around. However I'm confident that with your tips I'll get it done tomorrow.

Not saying you should do this but camping a spawn point could work for getting five kills as well. I have not gotten that medal yet either by the way.