Increase damage taken when vehicle in repair state

BURGERKRIEG
452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I’ve been thinking about playing in tanks and vehicles in old BF games. Up until BF1 repairing meant risking death. An engineer had to get out and fix your vehicle. If you where solo, that meant you.

I understand that people got annoyed when a random would take their vehicle or whatnot if they didn’t have a buddy to sit in the drivers seat during a repair, we’ve all been there.

So now it’s done in the drivers seat, but what is the risk to the player? Maybe increase damage taken in repair state?

Has the gameplay changed so much that something similar to risking death for a repair is no longer acceptable?

Are repairs handled like this in BFV because of a balance issue relating to increased game pace or are players just too soft for those harsher mechanics now?

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There's already disadvantages to repairing inside the vehicle. You can't move or shoot while doing it. And if you get hit, it cancels the repair. Having a dedicated repper allows you to move, shoot, and it doesn't cancel the repair if you get hit. Having a dedicated repper is still the best way to go.
  • James-MII
    829 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They already massively nerfed the repair on tanks, limited the ammo more then it ever has been even in the early titles, made the weapons far less effective to the point that the machine gun tracers look like a flamethrower arc, and are making it possible to disable tank turrets as well as mobility. The tanks do not need more nerfs. This game is already being designed for everyone who complained about vehicles the last several games.

Couldn’t agree more chief. They’ve been nerfed far too much, leave the tanks be.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m not complaining about vehicles, I’m asking why there is no longer a risk of dying when you repair?

It was part of the game, now it’s not.

Why?
  • SirSpectacle
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I’m not complaining about vehicles, I’m asking why there is no longer a risk of dying when you repair?

Why?

Because tanks in BF1 and V are so much slower than in BF3 and 4. Before you could easily drive to a safe spot to repair and then quickly get back to the action, but from BF1 and on that's no longer viable unless you want to spend most of your playing time driving to and from the front instead of in combat.
  • rainkloud
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Why?

It was done to minimize vehicle theft both from teammates and from enemies and it did a very good job at that. There's still plenty of downside to using the in vehicle repair. If you get hit mid repair then you don't restore any health which is often a death sentence if you are on the receiving end.
  • fredy00
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Bude v battlefildu 5 čeština.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    rainkloud wrote: »

Why?

It was done to minimize vehicle theft both from teammates and from enemies and it did a very good job at that. There's still plenty of downside to using the in vehicle repair. If you get hit mid repair then you don't restore any health which is often a death sentence if you are on the receiving end.

Yes I understand the reduction of theft to zero. Getting hit and losing your repair isn’t the same as getting hit outside your vehicle and dying though.

It could be because of the speed of the assault players on foot, they are much faster since Hardline and then with the “fluid” movement system introduced with BF1 they basically kept that pace.

It still feels like an easier ride to me.

• ninjapenquinuk
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Why?

The theft of vehicles was so rare though. It's one of those in game things that has been blown out of all proportions.
  • SPARTAN_12B
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12

Why?

The theft of vehicles was so rare though. It's one of those in game things that has been blown out of all proportions.

Blown out of porpotion?!?!?! Get outta here with that nonsense son! BF3 and 4 i drove to a safe location and started repping only to have a scrub spawn on me and hop in the vehicle and take off only to get insta rekt as soon as he hit the combat zone.....blown out of porportion plz....have you not seen bf3 friends....theft was always a think with vehicles
  • Callahan44er
    5055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Why?

Blown out of porpotion?!?!?! Get outta here with that nonsense son! BF3 and 4 i drove to a safe location and started repping only to have a scrub spawn on me and hop in the vehicle and take off only to get insta rekt as soon as he hit the combat zone.....blown out of porportion plz....have you not seen bf3 friends....theft was always a think with vehicles

The only people that could spawn on you were squadmates,what you described happened,but not often.

To topic: tanks already suck,imo they need huge buffs. Probably wont happen :/