Weekly Debrief

Had to ban someone from rented server again sadly

Comments

• dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    [bait type response]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Packet editing is available that decodes, modifies, and resubmits UDP packets in real time? That’s assuming they aren’t encrypted too (I have no idea if they are or not). Remember the server has to verify everything when it comes to deaths in a simulation it runs on every hit and kill claim.

I think you might be stretching what’s technically feasible. Anything’s possible given enough resources and time, but is it realistically out in the wild - no. Not a single iota of evidence to suggest it is. Unless you have a reliable source?
    Post edited by WetFishDB on
  • ElliotLH
    8397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Packet editing is available that decodes, modifies, and resubmits UDP packets in real time? That’s assuming they aren’t encrypted too (I have no idea if they are or not). Remember the server has to verify everything when it comes to deaths in a simulation it runs on every hit and kill claim.

I think you might be stretching what’s technically feasible. Anything’s possible given enough resources and time, but is it realistically out in the wild - no. Not a single iota of evidence to suggest it is. Unless you have a reliable source?

They most likely don't and this will probably boil down to "but I saws someone say it on YouTube so it must be true" or some scam site looking to hoodwink people in to spending money on non-existent 'hax'. That's usually how these things end...in fact OP already tried that.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why is this thread still going? What's the actual purpose of it?
  • ksdff
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/lag-switches-and-finding-glitches.1705409/

Whilst this isn't 'hacking' per se, it's very interesting indeed.
    With the use of a pc and cronusmax you can set up a lag switch to only activate when you aim, or on a timer so you don't disconnect.
    Imagine being in a 1v1 situation with someone using this, they would almost certainly win every duel.
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    edited October 2018
    Let's cool it with the "badmin" remarks, please.

Edit Let's also be mindful of immediately assuming someone is lying or of saying things like "git gud". These aren't productive responses and don't make anyone look good. :smile:
  • ksdff
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually posted further links highlighting packet editing etc but they were removed by admin. Shame really as they were quite inciteful, though I also understand admins view that hacking material should not be shared on the forum. Perhaps EA clan agrees they are a legitimate cause for concern?
  • zombifiedstalker
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why is this thread still going? What's the actual purpose of it?

Purely entertainment.. I need something to read on the loo, you know...:-)
  • boutneus
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Looks like bait, is exact same thread lol. Here fishyfishy
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no comments about what this is, or what you would call it. I will only point out that this was recorded several days ago, playing on xbox one. While we've all seen "ghosts" on the battlefield (the remnants of soldiers who'd already died or left the server), please note that this one actually shoots at me with both primary and secondary weapons, and even drops a gas grenade. His attacks produce damage to my horse and soldier, while beyond the first grenade I throw, he remains impervious to any and all attacks. Making no claims or representations here, just interested in your explanations.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no comments about what this is, or what you would call it. I will only point out that this was recorded several days ago, playing on xbox one. While we've all seen "ghosts" on the battlefield (the remnants of soldiers who'd already died or left the server), please note that this one actually shoots at me with both primary and secondary weapons, and even drops a gas grenade. His attacks produce damage to my horse and soldier, while beyond the first grenade I throw, he remains impervious to any and all attacks. Making no claims or representations here, just interested in your explanations.

My guess he isn't there. I've seen those 'remnants' before too. A flame trooper on Sinai for example, whilst he was walking around invisible. Very frustrating glitch.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My guess he isn't there. I've seen those 'remnants' before too. A flame trooper on Sinai for example, whilst he was walking around invisible. Very frustrating glitch.

Except he is firing at me with primary, secondary, and even drops a gas grenade. All of which produce damage.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Except he is firing at me with primary, secondary, and even drops a gas grenade. All of which produce damage.

He's there but not in that exact spot. He was probably looking at you fro 10 metres away wondering what you were swinging you lance at completely unaware of any issue. Id guess its the same issue as me following a squad mate on ballroom and getting blocked by a portcullis when he walked straight through.
  • ElliotLH
    8397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

He's there but not in that exact spot. He was probably looking at you fro 10 metres away wondering what you were swinging you lance at completely unaware of any issue. Id guess its the same issue as me following a squad mate on ballroom and getting blocked by a portcullis when he walked straight through.

Think they might be on the other side of the windmill and slightly to the right. That's where the gas grenade seems to come from to my eyes anyway.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is the guy had connections issue and ends up being disconnected.
  • olavafar
    1960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    My guess is the guy had connections issue and ends up being disconnected.

My guess too. I've seen this many times. Mostly they get disconnected or their connection recover and they suddenly 'teleport' to another location.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As was said, it's Cronusmax they use on console. It's a USB Flash you download the cheats from the PC, and put it in your Xbox or PS. Quick Reload, Aim Bot, Rapid Fire, etc. You can make a Medic Rifle a full automatic with that thing. Anyhow, they posted vids about it here awhile ago. No sense going thru it again. But yes, cheating is prob just as bad on console. Best thing to do, is post a vid of the cheating, and send it off to Sony or Microsoft.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As was said, it's Cronusmax they use on console. It's a USB Flash you download the cheats from the PC, and put it in your Xbox or PS. Quick Reload, Aim Bot, Rapid Fire, etc. You can make a Medic Rifle a full automatic with that thing. Anyhow, they posted vids about it here awhile ago. No sense going thru it again. But yes, cheating is prob just as bad on console. Best thing to do, is post a vid of the cheating, and send it off to Sony or Microsoft.

Lol.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

um those "cheats" never actually go into the xbox they just affect the controller/keyboard and mouse. The cheats are just macros. It never writes any data from the USB into the Xbox because if it did you would be instantly banned as soon as you connect it to the internet. Macros are not hacks, but they are extremely cheap and dueschy.
  • V2Face
    2658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Does your comment come with a tinfoil hat and matching shorts.