We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Crutch Weapons

BagAllDay
24 postsMember Member
Have crutch weapons been in every Battlefield? I know the BF1 crutch weapon (Hellriegel) was spammed to holy hell and still is to this day. Do these sorts of weapons plague every BF title?
I’ve logged over 500 hours on BF 1 and around 200 on BF4 and haven’t played any other BF titles which is why I’m asking.

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone will always accuse a weapon of being a crutch.
  • bran1986
    4412 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It is called assault class

/Thread
  • ElliotLH
    4188 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably the StG-44 judging on feedback.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like all Battlefields it will be an Assault fest.
  • olavafar
    1625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If there is no superior gun to use for the newbies the game gets boring for the rest of us.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Havent they already stated guns like the STG are in from the start because they are 'easy' to use without the need to grind through the unlocks. Apparently upgrades for guns like the STG will have lesser effect on the guns performance unlike some other weapons which may be a bit pants to start off with but good with upgrades
  • Kongo030
    253 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assaultfest? Medicfest on maps with medium ranges and sniperfest on long range maps. TBH you can find anything in BF and some people will not PTFO even if you'd tie them to a flag pole.Hellriegel is good but SMG08 or Automatico even better with little training or the Anihilator. Oh yeah all assault weapons but the Avtomat is OP too isn't it?

This will be the same in BF V. There's just currently less incentive to play medic there but the guns aren't the reason. The Schmeisser is good, to. Just not a long range weapon as the STG.
  • mav_smileyface
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I’m going full time assault in BF V I mean an assault class that gets SLRs and dynamite!!? Holy cow man no other class will exist for me
  • Thumper2671
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience:
    BF3 was the M16A3/AEK.
    BF4: Tough to say, saw the ACE 23 a lot, along with the AEK.
    BF1: The Noobriegel.
    BF5 (in the beta) was definitely the STG 44.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience:
    BF3 was the M16A3/AEK.

I must be one of the few people that never really got on with the Hellriegel.
  • Imabaka70
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience:
    BF3 was the M16A3/AEK.

Me neither 30ish kills total with it. While I will use the smg08 if I’m getting really annoyed, I generally prefer more elegant and civilized weapons
  • doctorrocktor
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im sure dice said they are looking into the stg.
  • Kongo030 wrote: »
    Oh yeah all assault weapons but the Avtomat is OP too isn't it?

I'm now more inclined to think the assault class is OP since only one ISN'T OP. Thanks for the heads up.

• DarkestHour138
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    From my experience:
    BF3 was the M16A3/AEK.

Me neither 30ish kills total with it. While I will use the smg08 if I’m getting really annoyed, I generally prefer more elegant and civilized weapons

You got to use a lightsaber?
  • DarkestHour138
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im sure dice said they are looking into the stg.

This is true. In the Dev talk #3 they said they're nerfing it at close range.
  • Imabaka70
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience:
    BF3 was the M16A3/AEK.

You got to use a Lightsaber?

XzBpbfi.jpg
  • Kongo030
    253 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    Oh yeah all assault weapons but the Avtomat is OP too isn't it?

I'm now more inclined to think the assault class is OP since only one ISN'T OP. Thanks for the heads up.

Nah I'm just not a medic or support player so don't really know their tools. Although that one light German LMG was a light saber as well. I really don't pay attention to these things as luckily the game is so much more complex than boiling it down to weapons. OFC TDM this is much more relevant.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn’t the medics carry crutches on their backs in BF1?

I couldn’t figure out which button to push to use em as a weapon though.

• Foot_Guard_Tomei
    400 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 12
    From my experience:
    BF3 was the M16A3/AEK.

You got to use a Lightsaber?

XzBpbfi.jpg

He who lives without honor, will end without honor.
    Post edited by Foot_Guard_Tomei on