IRNV

12346»

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 8
    @Turban_Legend80 @D-1884 please keep it civil, you guys are getting rather close to personal attacks.

Can you show me where I posted anything close to a personal attack?
  • FETCH_usa
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I can agree with you that the ability to see equipment seems out of the realm of practicality, and I can not defend that aspect of the thermal or IRNV scopes because in real life mines would not emit heat, and any difference in temperature from the background would not be as apparent as in this game.

Point made .. I would agree
  • VBALL_MVP
    5923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FETCH_usa wrote: »
    I can agree with you that the ability to see equipment seems out of the realm of practicality, and I can not defend that aspect of the thermal or IRNV scopes because in real life mines would not emit heat, and any difference in temperature from the background would not be as apparent as in this game.

Point made .. I would agree

You sure about that?

There are publications just on using IR fo detect land mines.
  • joshuavinc143
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Saw a loadout today

DMR with FLIR optic
    Stinger
    AA mine...

Personally not sure how "fun" this loadout could be
  • VBALL_MVP
    5923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Saw a loadout today

DMR with FLIR optic
    Stinger
    AA mine...

Sounds like a lot of fun. 24/7 Silk road.
  • Turban_Legend80
    Saw a loadout today

DMR with FLIR optic
    Stinger
    AA mine...

Having just spent the last round of Locker using only mortar and ucav this loadout sounds right up my street.
    I finished 6-0 with less than 1000 points btw :)
  • joshuavinc143
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Saw a loadout today

DMR with FLIR optic
    Stinger
    AA mine...

Having just spent the last round of Locker using only mortar and ucav this loadout sounds right up my street.

Haha the perfect round
  • Turban_Legend80
    Saw a loadout today

DMR with FLIR optic
    Stinger
    AA mine...

Haha the perfect round

And we got beat by over 600 tickets :D

Wasn’t my fault though. I was keeping the side route to our deployment clear.
  • joshuavinc143
    Saw a loadout today

DMR with FLIR optic
    Stinger
    AA mine...

Haha the perfect round

And we got beat by over 600 tickets :D

Wasn’t my fault though. I was keeping the side route to our deployment clear.

Probably would have been 799 tickets if it wasn't for you 😂
  • D-1884
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    https://cs.cmu.edu/~motionplanning/papers/sbp_papers/integrated2/machler_mine_detectors.pdf

A document that explains and different ways to detect mines, on page two it talks about the certain circumstances to detect mines with thermal.
  • Turban_Legend80
    D-1884 wrote: »
    https://cs.cmu.edu/~motionplanning/papers/sbp_papers/integrated2/machler_mine_detectors.pdf

A document that explains and different ways to detect mines, on page two it talks about the certain circumstances to detect mines with thermal.

Shall I post some real life stuff about defibrillators too? This is a game mate.
  • RidgeRnr2112
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    I would love to see a poll of the community that looks at the number of players that have an issue with the prevalence of guided weapons, infrared, and FLIR sights in the modern/post-modern hypothetical settings of BF3/BF4 to the number that have an issue with the prevalence of rocket guns, anti-tank grenades, automatic weapons and semi-automatic weapons in the historical setting of BF1. I have my hypothesis.
  • _HOBOCOP_mD
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I would love to see a poll of the community that looks at the number of players that have an issue with the prevalence of guided weapons, infrared, and FLIR sights in the modern/post-modern hypothetical settings of BF3/BF4 to the number that have an issue with the prevalence of rocket guns, anti-tank grenades, automatic weapons and semi-automatic weapons in the historical setting of BF1. I have my hypothesis.

Only auto-lock weapons are BS, everything else is fine, really. BF4 would be better without MBT-LAW and Staff Shells as well as Active Radar Missiles and AA-Mines.
  • PopyBear4
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thermal sucks just as bad as the lock-ons
  • joshuavinc143
    edited October 15
    Could be worse...

Imagine if they could see through smoke

Auto lock is probably my most irritating thing in the game
  • Turban_Legend80
    Could be worse...

Imagine if they could see through smoke

Yeah, they nerfed the ability to see through smoke. I miss m249+FLIR+smoke grenades+operation locker
  • D-1884
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

Only auto-lock weapons are BS, everything else is fine, really. BF4 would be better without MBT-LAW and Staff Shells as well as Active Radar Missiles and AA-Mines.

Is it because both staff and mbt can go through Active protection? Because I can understand the frustration, but a weapon is needed to counter the counter.
  • D-1884
    Could be worse...

Imagine if they could see through the smoke

Yeah, they nerfed the ability to see through smoke. I miss m249+FLIR+smoke grenades+operation locker

you have to admit though, it was a(n) overpowered combo.
  • D-1884
    edited October 22

Shall I post some real life stuff about defibrillators too? This is a game mate.

a game that has several real-life mechanics, though not all the mechanics in this game are real, some should be addressed that are not making sense, and I do wish the defibrillators were more limited than just cant revive anybody that was knifed.
  • D-1884
    edited October 22

also then why are you here talking about this too? shouldn't this just be a complete waste of your time then?
    Post edited by D-1884 on