We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

A good idea?

1903_Dark_Eagle
377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Last night I was playing a game of Operations, talking to my squad mates and doing what we could. And even though my squad was well organized (since we were all in a party communicating) the rest of the team was a mess. No coordination or anything. Too many people on the same flag, leaving the other flags empty, etc.

Then I thought - wouldn't it be a good idea to have the option so that only the squad leaders could communicate with each other? Think about it, a chat of 6, but just squad leaders, so the squads and teams can coordinate more efficiently.

Thoughts?

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

I also think they should put the squad orders on the HUD somewhere so you can see which objectives already have orders on them. Even if it's just a small dot or something next to the objective. I know you can see them in the commrose but it's not always easy to check it while in the heat of battle.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is a good idea.

I also think they should put the squad orders on the HUD somewhere so you can see which objectives already have orders on them. Even if it's just a small dot or something next to the objective. I know you can see them in the commrose but it's not always easy to check it while in the heat of battle.

That's a great idea. I wonder why that's not in the game already. Without the teamwork elements its just bland. These should have been in there from the start since they encourage teamwork so much, or at least, they say they do.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Making it so that other squad leaders can see what orders have been given by other squad leaders would be a very interesting idea.
  • Trokey66
    6690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

That is already in the game via the community rose. You will see the number of orders placed on any of the flags.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    This is a good idea.

That is already in the game via the community rose. You will see the number of orders placed on any of the flags.

Really?! Wow, I guess I never noticed it.
  • TEKNOCODE
    9529 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

Yessir
  • Trokey66
    6690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

Everyday is a school day!

But 'community' rose? Bloody autocorrect.....
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    This is a good idea.

Same, had no idea.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

Either nobody issued orders in matches where I was SL or it didn't work properly but I did not see any friendly SL orders on commo rose in Beta.
  • DarkestHour138
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

Yes... that's why I wrote "I know you can see them in the commrose but it's not always easy to check it while in the heat of battle" above. It would be nice if it was on the HUD so I don't have to go to the commorose.
  • MONEYPYR0
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way back when I did milsim games in BF3 and 4, we would do this. Squad leads would be in Team Chat, while everyone else was in Squad Chat (on Xbox). But, the problem I see is that I doubt most people will care/listen. Most people dont even like to defend flags, so it would just be multiple squads attacking a single flag anyways. It sucks really, because good communication turns the tide of battle so much, and having multiple squads of people working together, forming a plan, etc, would be amazing. But, I feel the most that anyone is gonna get, is playing with a squad or two of friends, talking in party chat.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Way back when I did milsim games in BF3 and 4, we would do this. Squad leads would be in Team Chat, while everyone else was in Squad Chat (on Xbox). But, the problem I see is that I doubt most people will care/listen. Most people dont even like to defend flags, so it would just be multiple squads attacking a single flag anyways. It sucks really, because good communication turns the tide of battle so much, and having multiple squads of people working together, forming a plan, etc, would be amazing. But, I feel the most that anyone is gonna get, is playing with a squad or two of friends, talking in party chat.

What you say is true. I think it would be an amazing feature to have, but I doubt people would even use it. DICE would have to really market it and tell people about it, and introduce it as a really important feature. Then maybe people would care about it. Imagine if everyone used it though, it would change the game so much, be much more tactical and excellent. If I am in Operations for example, I would only stick to flag A for example, and not even worry or bother with flag B. The only reason I ever go to another flag is because I usually don't have any idea if we have enough - or even any - players doing some work over there.

Will probably never happen though. Perhaps in a more tactical shooter like Insurgency - but 85% of those guys are communicating anyway.
  • MONEYPYR0
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

What you say is true. I think it would be an amazing feature to have, but I doubt people would even use it. DICE would have to really market it and tell people about it, and introduce it as a really important feature. Then maybe people would care about it. Imagine if everyone used it though, it would change the game so much, be much more tactical and excellent. If I am in Operations for example, I would only stick to flag A for example, and not even worry or bother with flag B. The only reason I ever go to another flag is because I usually don't have any idea if we have enough - or even any - players doing some work over there.

Will probably never happen though. Perhaps in a more tactical shooter like Insurgency - but 85% of those guys are communicating anyway.

I know I'm gonna be playing with a full squad of people as squad lead (I'm the best player out of my group of friends), so hopefully they'll listen to me if I want to defend an objective, and not be on the attack all the time. I feel you about not knowing if you have any players going to an objective though. During the beta, at least 75% of my Operations experience had my team going to one objective, capturing it, then going to the other one leaving no defenses at the captured one. It got pretty annoying
  • TropicPoison
    1533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a good idea.

I do like that idea or even make an outline around the flag symbol on the map that only the SL can see.
  • 1903_Dark_Eagle
    This is a good idea.

I do like that idea or even make an outline around the flag symbol on the map that only the SL can see.

That is a good idea, too. There's so many ways this could be implemented in the game.