Will the commo rose be changed in the released game?

MONEYPYR0
49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Personally, I did not like the commo rose from the open beta. The options you were given were very few, and didnt feel like it should have. Even though I'm not a fan of BF1, I very much liked the commo rose, and its addition of options of "Need Backup", and "Follow me". The options from BF4 are also just perfect. I just feel as though there wasnt much you could say in the beta for BFV, so I'd love to see more phrases added to the commo rose. Also, while I like using the rose to select an objective to attack, the objectives on the far left, and far right were hard to land on (Xbox), since if you went too far, it would go off the objective menu.

Anyways, just some thoughts I had.

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agreed. Selecting objectives on Xbox was the most frustrating thing of the beta.
  • MONEYPYR0
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed. Selecting objectives on Xbox was the most frustrating thing of the beta.

Cant agree more. To be fair, context objective selection still works, but I found myself wanting to use the rose to select objectives a lot, since it was a new feature.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Better just go back to 2/2142 way of commo & Tact roses with Battlefield 1 order issuing either via rose or contextually. Also being able to set hold/secure/attack positions orders outside of the objectives would be nice.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Commo_Rose
  • MONEYPYR0
    Better just go back to 2/2142 way of commo & Tact roses with Battlefield 1 order issuing either via rose or contextually. Also being able to set hold/secure/attack positions orders outside of the objectives would be nice.

Its been years since I've seen the old BF2 rose. My computer is up in the attic, since I've got no room for it. Though, I feel like the spotted command would take a bit too long to use in BFV (at least on console).
  • Noodlesocks
    1261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was really bad. Too many sub menus for what little options were available. Communication needs to be quick and simple. Everything needs to be readily available as soon as you hold Q.
  • DarkestHour138
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Cant agree more. To be fair, context objective selection still works, but I found myself wanting to use the rose to select objectives a lot, since it was a new feature.

You could select objectives in BF1 though the rose, and it worked much better than it did in the beta. I'm not sure why they changed it, it feels like they changed it just for the sake of changing it.
  • MONEYPYR0
    It was really bad. Too many sub menus for what little options were available. Communication needs to be quick and simple. Everything needs to be readily available as soon as you hold Q.

Agreed completely. Quick communication is a must. I've actually gotta train my friend to verbally communicate faster for when we start playing.

"Ok, over to our 11 o clock, there's two enemies. They're inside a building, on the first floor" said over the course of about 15 seconds, and by the time he's done talking, I'm already dead. Dude is going into the Army soon, so teaching him quick communication will help him out there
  • MONEYPYR0

You could select objectives in BF1 though the rose, and it worked much better than it did in the beta. I'm not sure why they changed it, it feels like they changed it just for the sake of changing it.

Don't have much BF1 experience. Never been squad leader, so I havent even seen how objective select works on that rose
  • Turban_Legend80
    4241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    “Can you tell me the way to the nearest ammo stash?”
    “Can you tell me the way to the nearest medic stash?”
    “Thanks man”
    “Thanks ma’am”

That’s all you need.
  • MONEYPYR0
    “Thanks man”
    “Thanks ma’am”

That’s all you need.

But I wanna yell "GO GO GO" twelve times at the start of each match though
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    “Thanks man”
    “Thanks ma’am”

That’s all you need.

And "Need a ride" in Operation Metro/Locker.
  • TropicPoison
    1123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It was God awful in the open beta, it's leaps and bounds better in BF1 if there was one one thing that they should have copy and pasted that's definitely it.
  • ProAssassin2003
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On PS4 using it was awful. Died multiple times trying to use it. They better have fixed it or adjusted the sensitivity. If not I won't be playing Squad leader.
  • ragnarok013
    670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator

Its been years since I've seen the old BF2 rose. My computer is up in the attic, since I've got no room for it. Though, I feel like the spotted command would take a bit too long to use in BFV (at least on console).

BF2 runs on modern OSs, I still play it once in a while so install it on your current PC!
  • MONEYPYR0

BF2 runs on modern OSs, I still play it once in a while so install it on your current PC!

I don't have a current PC, that's my other problem :P
  • DisguisedMike
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some things were missing during the beta, they saw the feedback and are looking into it.
    Go, Go, Go is coming back. :)
  • foff667
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    yes, on console the comma rose was very difficult to use. In BF1 I turned off the ability to select an objective by simply looking in its direction and using the spotting button as it would mark objectives I had no plans to go to because I was using the spotting button to spot people. So I used the comma rose exclusively to mark objectives. The problem with bf5 is that there is still spotting but now instead of being able to point in the direction of the objective you need to literally aim right at it for it to pick up your attack plan. So yeah, something needs to change. I even spoke about this very topic in one of my bf5 complaint videos starting at 2:21

• MONEYPYR0
    Some things were missing during the beta, they saw the feedback and are looking into it.
    Go, Go, Go is coming back. :)

Yay! My favorite line! Can't wait to hear the Germans yelling this. Also, nice sig. I was an Engineer main in BF3 (M4A1 was my favorite gun in the game) and BF4. I've felt a void not having a dedicated Engineer class.

• TropicPoison
    1123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bump since I think this is a pretty big issue with how garbage it was in the beta.
  • TropicPoison
    Bump.

Has their been anything said about improvements to this?, Because whoever screwed it up from the way it was in BF1 did a terrible job.