so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ScoobyDDoo wrote: »
    must be a technique or good timing thing, i've been in BF4 chopper and died on first hit with a stinger, been on BF3 and able to escape after two stinger hits long enough to repair. I will concede anyway not really a big difference but they are indeed different lol

After 2 stinger hits in bf3 you were dead. In bf4 as well,but you werent disabled after 1 hit. The only lockon that could kill you with 1 hit(without soflam) was the hvm,a battlepickup.

before that attack choppers were almost unkillable flying tanks.

That was mainly due to the gunner having flares when the pilot runs ECM.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I've decided after recent BFV announcements with more vehicles in play, more starting ammo overall, and other improvements that I will be preordering in full BFV, I'll also have BO4 and RDR2 so I think I'll have enough shooters to play with these three until the end of the year next year, or maybe even further off than that. The only other FPS I can see myself buying all of next year is Cyberpunk 2077 and that's if it even releases next year which I doubt.
  • Hi guys. Please can you convince my mate to buy Battlefield over CoD by voting on his Twitter poll? I'd like to have a decent squad of friends to play with when I get it, so help a guy out:

• mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll be buying it no doubt I think everyone moaning, buying bo4 saying BFV will be a pos... why are you logging on to these forums ? 😂
  • NLBartmaN
    2962 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I've decided after recent BFV announcements with more vehicles in play, more starting ammo overall, and other improvements that I will be preordering in full BFV, I'll also have BO4 and RDR2 so I think I'll have enough shooters to play with these three until the end of the year next year, or maybe even further off than that. The only other FPS I can see myself buying all of next year is Cyberpunk 2077 and that's if it even releases next year which I doubt.

I must say with the toning down of the customizations and some good things in the Dev Talks I was getting more positive.
    Some great looking screens from maps helped too.

And then there were the screenshots from a Dev on Twitter about his company and the good vibe is gone again ... what a mess ...

I serious hope they can figure out a way with the customizations to make more players happy and excited and still make enough money for the DLC.
  • Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That screenshot didn't bother me too much. In terms of uniforms I thought they looked good. The biggest problem, and it's a weird one, is that one of the British soldiers was fully decked out in American gear. That made absolutely no sense to me. The issue is that DICE employees are trying way too hard to push their diversity initiative because they show it at every turn.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm definitely going to pick it up, no doubt

Also eyeing FO76, it's gonna be a busy fall xD
  • NLBartmaN
    That screenshot didn't bother me too much. In terms of uniforms I thought they looked good. The biggest problem, and it's a weird one, is that one of the British soldiers was fully decked out in American gear. That made absolutely no sense to me. The issue is that DICE employees are trying way too hard to push their diversity initiative because they show it at every turn.

I thought it was a total mess.

Mixups from all countries within a faction and no class specific gear .. add to that the skull face paint .. and missing helmets
    Also a lot of gear that maybe 0,01% of soldiers would have used ...
    And then we have not yet start about genders and race ...

There is 0% chance you could have encountered that group of soldiers in WW2 ..
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll be buying it no doubt I think everyone moaning, buying bo4 saying BFV will be a pos... why are you logging on to these forums ? 😂

Been saying this for ages,if your not buying it why come to the bfv forums.you will get the response because we can.i get some people are 50 50 about getting it and come here for info that's great,but to come here just to troll is just sad and childish.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I'm definitely going to pick it up, no doubt

Also eyeing FO76, it's gonna be a busy fall xD

Most definitely. Between FO '76, RDR2, COD, and (possibly) BFV (provided they fix a lot of the things I didn't like in the beta), I have enough to last me well into spring or even summer of next year, if not longer.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

I must say with the toning down of the customizations and some good things in the Dev Talks I was getting more positive.
    Some great looking screens from maps helped too.

And then there were the screenshots from a Dev on Twitter about his company and the good vibe is gone again ... what a mess ...

I serious hope they can figure out a way with the customizations to make more players happy and excited and still make enough money for the DLC.

Got a link? You can't cut a whole tree down because of a few dumb bad apples though, just like the ridiculous shark card prices in GTAV, or the supply crate prices in CoD. I do blame EA in general for the microtransactions bs though adding them to every game just about. I will probably be buying some customization items depending on what it is, I hope it's a knockout system though where you won't ever get duplicate items...

Anthem is also off of my hype and to get list since it looked pretty linear and so-so.
  • trip1ex
    4565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    i'm leaning towards not playing it. Nothing really turning my fancy. More infantry centric than ever. Bs menu stuff you're forced to use to have better weapons. ZErg alive and well. Crappy balance. Lack of visual clarity. 2x the animations. No team play because no one cares about the outcome. That's the ultimate measure of teamplay I think. If everyone cares about the outcome of each round it would mean they have have teamplay in the game. But I really don't think much of anyone cares.

Still got my pre-order though. Never say never. But not excited about building or bullet penetration nor snow on the roof nor attrition nor removing 3d spotting etc. Couldn't care less. I just see a lot more bs in this game really lol.

That's how I've been feeling the past month. I've been looking for that spark to keep me on board but haven't found it.
  • SirBobdk
    3872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @trip1ex wrote
    I've been looking for that spark to keep me on board but haven't found it.
    Know what you mean. I'm also a bit baaaaa about the lack of rental servers, lack of vehicles, map size, visual clutter, building but most of all "waste of time upgrade tree" + assignments.
  • SilkWildey
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @trip1ex wrote
    I've been looking for that spark to keep me on board but haven't found it.
    Know what you mean. I'm also a bit baaaaa about the lack of rental servers, lack of vehicles, map size, visual clutter, building but most of all "waste of time upgrade tree" + assignments.

Same...I was looking forward to it immensely before it was announced but it just hasn't grabbed me like BF1 did.

I was so excited about every video, every bit of info and every youtube gameplay video with BF1. BFV I try to watch and I get bored within 5mins if that, no idea why just doesn't seem nowhere near as engrossing as BF1.
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Currently no plans to purchase unless they make significant changes across the board right now playing with friends I would give it a 4/10 rating, when playing with randoms a 1/10 it was as bad of experience as I could imagine out of a FPS game.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

Alot probably because they was cod players playing on games called battlefield(bf3-bf1).

Now Battlefield V is the first have more gameplay aspect from the older Battlefield, and this cod players can't play anymore like they played in past games lonewolfing and rushing spamming spoting.

Now they are here complaining they want again the easier gameplay of past games, probably because they think their complaining make Dice change everything of the game and get again the easier gameplay.

Luckily Dice and many players like Battlefield V in this state.
  • StormSaxon
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

I thought it was a total mess.

Mixups from all countries within a faction and no class specific gear .. add to that the skull face paint .. and missing helmets
    Also a lot of gear that maybe 0,01% of soldiers would have used ...
    And then we have not yet start about genders and race ...

There is 0% chance you could have encountered that group of soldiers in WW2 ..

So very like BF1.
  • FearNoTears
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No there's more chance that I will fight zombies and get WWII. I don't like old or the changes. Felt more like Squad.

What are you even saying?

I've been waiting for a game to follow BF3 and I giving up. Mean while I found fighting the zombies in COD Bos3 fun, so I'll be looking at COD bos 4. BF has come down to run/gun, so maybe WWII can do it better. Looks more like the BF I'm wanting. They lost me at BF4. Not just with all the gadgets and lock ones, but by them changing the game mid way. That alone is a deal breaker and never pay full price again. Until they stop changing the game mid way. The P isn't a bad ideal to me or is dl's, but I think they should just be maps. Instead of adding more poo and game changers to the game. I played 1942, BF1-4 and this doesn't feel like BF to me. TTK seems to long when I was doing the shooting as people turned around and killed me. I died with in a sec or two from who knows were and the TTK seem to short. Adjust my play. I did, accept for squad ing up. NEVER!

Sounds like total CoD player for which was BF never meant to be anyway. If you prefer 100 times recycled zombies and cloned 10th cod in the row that BF5 is really not for you.

With all the eggs you throw it would seem like your from COD. Do you really think you have me figure out or do you just like to spam? I've been gaming 20 years and you explain to me BF isn't COD. lol
  • Capt_B_L_Willard
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been playing since BF2, Band of Brothers UK, 12 year old BF community, looks like we are moving to COD black ops only because EA cant be **** to let us admin our own servers, we are still playing BF4, but this has to end to sometime, EA you should be ashamed of what you have done to gaming communities. Short answer, no I will not be buying BFV, EA ruined the communities, so its only right we buy from someone else
  • NLBartmaN
    StormSaxon wrote: »

So very like BF1.

Was there Skull face paint in BF1?
    Were there Asian Female British snipers in BF1?
    Were there soldiers with clothing combinations from at least 3 different armies/classes/roles in BF1?

Please give an example and I will give it a try tonight ...