This Week in Battlefield V

Supply drop dog tag

batman4500010
38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The last few days I've tried to play supply drop. Can never find a server. With enough people to play the game. Have no way to track how many rounds I've completed. Would like to unlock it. But now I dont think i will be able to. Maybe they can lower the rounds to win from 50 to 25. I dont know. I have completed most of the challenges.

Comments

  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Supply drop was the most innovative and fun new game mode in ages.... until about three rounds in, when you realize that the supply drop locations are not at all random. I get that they couldn't do it completely randomly, as you'd have problems with supplies landing in unworkable spots. But they COULD have made a LOT more drop points available and randomized among them. They didn't, so it quickly just turned into "boxes and mortars" mode.
  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know it just kind of sucks. And now those servers for supply drop are just a deserted wasteland no man's land. Right before Battlefield V drops they should give everybody the supply drop dog tag. I mean we got all the other ones period from the CTE
  • ElliotLH
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    You will probably have a similar problem getting the Dog Tag for winning 50 Air Assault matches too unfortunately as that's pretty much gone the same way from the look of things. The Frontlines tag for winning 100 matches could also be problematic as it seems hard to find a game of that right now as well.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It wasn't exactly everyone favourite mode. The Mode has it's inspiration from Star Wars Battlefront 2015, where it was called "Dropzone". The mode was fun and I really enjoyed it in that game. The main reason why I don't like it so much in Battlefield 1 is that you have to stay next to the supply drop. In Battlefront you needed to run up to the drop and "arm" the objective. After that you would need to protect it a certain amount of time. If the enemy arms it in that time period you lose your progress and they start to make progress. This system worked better, as you can't stay near the supply drop, when the radius is so small, that a mortar can literally melt everthing in that zone.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I know it just kind of sucks. And now those servers for supply drop are just a deserted wasteland no man's land. Right before Battlefield V drops they should give everybody the supply drop dog tag. I mean we got all the other ones period from the CTE

    Maybe they'll make a weekly rotation with Supply drop, like they did with Shock Operations. That would revive the gamemode for at least one and a half week.
  • OrionPherrit
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked Dropzone much better when I played it in Battleaffront, but BF1 screwed it up. You & your squadmates must huddle around the crate for an eternity and just beg for death by mortar or napalm ‘nade.

    The final straw was trying & failing to acquire that Russian labor medal. I’m convinced the only way the kills will count is to beat up an enemy to within an inch of his life, drag him senseless & throw him against the chest, then place a bullet between his eyes right then & there. >_<

    I hardly ever pick this mode anymore; if I wind up here by accident, I tell my team I gotta be honest that I’m only there for the kills & can’t help them much. :/
  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    You will probably have a similar problem getting the Dog Tag for winning 50 Air Assault matches too unfortunately as that's pretty much gone the same way from the look of things. The Frontlines tag for winning 100 matches could also be problematic as it seems hard to find a game of that right now as well.

  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really dont too much of a problem with finding air assault, and I have the frontlines tag already
  • Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just got my Supply Drop dog tag last night! I had a great run and it was good to in a good squad. Yeah it's a pain there is no way to track your progress on this. It's a bummer the servers are hard to find too. I'll probably get the Air Assault tag soon, since I've been working on my pilot levels. I know I'll never get the Frontlines dog tag, I rarely play that mode, and don't care for it. I'll be focusing next on the Shock Ops one next on my way to lol 150.
  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shick ops is a great mode. Wish they add some other maps to it.
  • ElliotLH
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really dont too much of a problem with finding air assault, and I have the frontlines tag already

    Ah cool, that's good news then :) I'm glad you don't struggle to find Air Assault games too as they're a real struggle for me to find - out of interest what region do you play in, as maybe it's just a region thing for me?
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was so happy I got and finished the Supply drop and Frontlines Medals a couple of months ago ...

    First couple of days there was no server with enough players on it, but end of the week there were a couple of servers, so just in time I could finish them.
  • Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I really dont too much of a problem with finding air assault, and I have the frontlines tag already

    Ah cool, that's good news then :) I'm glad you don't struggle to find Air Assault games too as they're a real struggle for me to find - out of interest what region do you play in, as maybe it's just a region thing for me?

    I'm able to find AA easy enough, but I can play in 3 regions. EU seems to have the most active AA games. FL on the other hand I rarely see more than 2 some what full servers a week. Probably another reason I won't bother with that dog tag.
  • ElliotLH
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I really dont too much of a problem with finding air assault, and I have the frontlines tag already

    Ah cool, that's good news then :) I'm glad you don't struggle to find Air Assault games too as they're a real struggle for me to find - out of interest what region do you play in, as maybe it's just a region thing for me?

    I'm able to find AA easy enough, but I can play in 3 regions. EU seems to have the most active AA games. FL on the other hand I rarely see more than 2 some what full servers a week. Probably another reason I won't bother with that dog tag.

    Huh that's odd as I'm in the EU and can hardly ever find a game either here or in the US. Thinking about it my player count filters could be working against me in the browser, or it's due to me mostly playing during the day (I'm also on XB1 so having fewer players might not help either :( ). Thanks for answering my question though - I'll have a fiddle about so I can hopefully work on the dog tag.

    FL does seem a bit abandoned which is a shame as it is a fun game mode. We'll see if it picks back up now they're giving away the DLC again I guess?
  • Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I really dont too much of a problem with finding air assault, and I have the frontlines tag already

    Ah cool, that's good news then :) I'm glad you don't struggle to find Air Assault games too as they're a real struggle for me to find - out of interest what region do you play in, as maybe it's just a region thing for me?

    I'm able to find AA easy enough, but I can play in 3 regions. EU seems to have the most active AA games. FL on the other hand I rarely see more than 2 some what full servers a week. Probably another reason I won't bother with that dog tag.

    Huh that's odd as I'm in the EU and can hardly ever find a game either here or in the US. Thinking about it my player count filters could be working against me in the browser, or it's due to me mostly playing during the day (I'm also on XB1 so having fewer players might not help either :( ). Thanks for answering my question though - I'll have a fiddle about so I can hopefully work on the dog tag.

    FL does seem a bit abandoned which is a shame as it is a fun game mode. We'll see if it picks back up now they're giving away the DLC again I guess?

    I'm on the East Coast, here in Maine minutes from the beach. I sometimes play early in the morning, which for you would be around noon time. Than I play latervin the evening so there's not many EU servers going since its very late for that region. I can play East US, West US, EU and South American(but only very early in the morning). My internet isn't very good, but I'm guessing the reason I can play all those is where I live.
  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I really dont too much of a problem with finding air assault, and I have the frontlines tag already

    Ah cool, that's good news then :) I'm glad you don't struggle to find Air Assault games too as they're a real struggle for me to find - out of interest what region do you play in, as maybe it's just a region thing for me?

    Us east coast
  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just fewl like this dog tag is harder to get then the peacekeeper.
  • ElliotLH
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just fewl like this dog tag is harder to get then the peacekeeper.

    Definitely! At least you can do the Easter eggs on empty servers :D
  • Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just fewl like this dog tag is harder to get then the peacekeeper.

    Im sure for me the Frontlines one is impossible now. I just realized yesterday the Shock Ops only have 5 maps. Let me tell you attacking on Lupkow pass is the hardest one by far. Starting off on that tiny funnel area while the defenders have the height and room advantage, bites. And for some reason other than 2 times I got stuck on the attacking side. The 1st time I got on defense the attackers were just caping the last flag. The next time I was on defense the defenders were in taking the final tickets from the defenders! Do wish there were more maps. Now I'll focus on Air Assault now when not playing with friends.
Sign In or Register to comment.