Realistic Recon

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    1901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Go play hardcore in BF4 with OHK at any range snipers. Come back and tell me how "fun" it is. Pro tip: it's not. It's INCREDIBLY boring and HORRIBLY unbalanced.
    @DeadlyDanDaMan
    Have you considered maybe reading the other posts in the topic before posting?
  • Amonsul
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You guys are kind of missing the point. I am not asking for ARMA or hardcore but I am asking for something a little more balanced. Right now it is easier to hit a target at range with STG then with a sniper. The rifles got a little better once you upgraded them but you really should not have to do that. All bolt action rifles should be OHK. I think that the sweet spot was the closest to this. Not sure how you guys say it takes more skill now. Still took a lot of skill to hit moving targets in BF1. Now if there is someone running you will be lucky to get the kill or even enough damage to really bring them down.

In BF1 I could knock someone down to about 90 health before the reached the OBJ to help my team out and I would get a kill too. Now it seems you get none of that all because the vast majority want to run around not using cover and complain about getting killed by sniper.

I use to rarely play sniper in MOH games because the gun play was much better but I tend to dislike running and gunning in BF games. Recon is more fun but this seems to be the worst BF for that ever.
  • madman001able
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 9
    Yet another OHK thread lol. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. How about everybody waits for the game to be released so we can see how it will play out.
  • Hawxxeye
    1901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yet another OHK thread lol. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. How about everybody waits for the game to be released so we can see how it will play out.
    We saw how it played out in the beta. Nothing has changed since then for that class.

Bolt action rifles will be used by those who want to bet everything on that one shot hitting someones head or some considerably injured person and the rest will be using Self loading rifles for in order to get closer to the action.
    Unless it has undergone a lot of critical changes from BF1 the RSC will be the most popular weapon once unlocked due to the higher RoF.

You do not need a crystal ball to predict the future if you are familiar with the way people play.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Originally a sniper in FPS games had the advantage of having a power scope and therefore was highly accurate at range compared to other classes. The problem now in games is seemingly every weapon now can be equipped with some kind of scope, therefore negating the advantages of the sniper somewhat. Get rid of scopes from smgs etc and snipers could go back to be the high accuracy but low rate of fire class
  • SucqMacaqueX
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They can use viking sniper, ohk at close still deadly at medium/long range. Shotguns are confirmed in bfv.
  • biotek7
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hitting targets is incredibly easy. If it was always a one shot then there would be no reason to use any other kit.
    The Drilling will almost certainly get rebalanced - slug sniping as seen in BF3 hasn't really been possible since.
  • Hortey
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Make all .30-06 sized rounds and up one shot kill to the chest, including the ones on the machine guns. Only give recon a scope, but you must pass a marksmanship test to be able to use the class and about 300 hours of offline training in how to shoot it.

Joking aside, hardcore mode has had 1hk snipers since bf3 with no ability to spec into not getting one shotted like BC2 did... and ever since bf3 the HC community has all but died out. No one wants to play a game where snipers have that much of an advantage. I also still don't understand why people freak out about 55 damage if it's still a 2 hit kill?
  • madman001able
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    biotek7 wrote: »
    Hitting targets is incredibly easy. If it was always a one shot then there would be no reason to use any other kit.
    The Drilling will almost certainly get rebalanced - slug sniping as seen in BF3 hasn't really been possible since.

Exactly.
  • Amonsul
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If hitting targets is incredibly easy then why is there so many posts about recon being weak in this game. Hitting targets that are prone or standing still are supper easy yes but there is almost no way to hit moving targets. Yes I have done it a few times in the BETA. Since BFV is a fast paced game you rarely see people just standing around to get those head shots.

No not everyone would use sniper. It use to work well in old FPS's like MOH and COD. A good sniper could take out many people but would more than likely be bashed in the back of the head before long.

The BF community constantly complains about the "Hill Campers" Well that is not going to change by changing the guns. All you are doing is hurting the ones who want to play scout and be more aggressive. More of them might be a little more aggressive if we had a chance at close range. OHK? We would still lose most of those battles since rate of fire would win out.

The other reason you see "Hill Campers" is the stats. I have been playing FPS's for a very long time and ever since you have seen everything being tracked that is all the care about. I do not want to move in because it will hurt my KD on battle log or BFV stats.com Get rid of the stats and you would see more people going after OBJ. Heck do not even list the KD or stats after the match. They use to only have kills and deaths and if your team won.

That was some of the best teamwork I ever saw was back in the good old MOHAA days.
  • SucqMacaqueX
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 10
    Amonsul wrote: »
    Hitting targets that are prone or standing still are supper easy yes but there is almost no way to hit moving targets.

Hitting moving targets is super easy in BFV, lead is so small up to 150m on moving targets same as bullet drop.
  • Amonsul
    Hitting targets that are prone or standing still are supper easy yes but there is almost no way to hit moving targets.

Hitting moving targets is super easy in BFV, lead is so small up to 150m on moving targets same as bullet drop.

Well I am glad you are a "Pro" because this is the worst recon game for hitting moving targets for me. Had a much easier time in BF1 and BF Hardline.
  • Hawxxeye

It depends if they are moving on only one direction or they are zigzaging like most people do
  • SucqMacaqueX
    edited October 10

Well I am glad you are a "Pro" because this is the worst recon game for hitting moving targets for me. Had a much easier time in BF1 and BF Hardline.

You probably play on console, i would not be able to hit that whale on norvik with gamepad.
    On consoles is much harder, i see in many threads console players say its hard and pc players say its easy.
    They will probably make it more easier on consoles before full realase, with magnetism like they explained in dev talk video.
  • Amonsul
    No I play on PC. I have nerve damage in my hands so I can't hold a controller for long but have no issue with keyboard and mouse. Most FPS I have no problem sniping but BF games except for BF1 and hardline make it way too difficult.
  • SucqMacaqueX
    No I play on PC. I have nerve damage in my hands so I can't hold a controller for long but have no issue with keyboard and mouse. Most FPS I have no problem sniping but BF games except for BF1 and hardline make it way too difficult.

Sry didn't know you have nerve damage. I wouldn't be making jokes before. Hardline and bf1 are different didn't play them really that much so i wouldn't know. Bf1 have that instant hs, high bullet velocity so in cqb you almost don't need any lead maybe that is why you where missing in bfv if you got accustomed to bf1 to much.
  • madman001able

You probably play on console, i would not be able to hit that whale on norvik with gamepad.
    On consoles is much harder, i see in many threads console players say its hard and pc players say its easy.
    They will probably make it more easier on consoles before full realase, with magnetism like they explained in dev talk video.

It is still pretty easy on console, i use the original xbox one. I can honestly say that this bf has the best feeling controls for gunplay out of them all on console.
  • madman001able

Im on the flip side of that coin! I broke my neck and back in a car accident so i cannot remain in a upright position for very long due to the pain it causes, so no M&K for me lol.
  • Hawxxeye

Im on the flip side of that coin! I broke my neck and back in a car accident so i cannot remain in a upright position for very long due to the pain it causes, so no M&K for me lol.
    That sounds nasty, I hope it will get better for you over time.
  • JamieCurnock
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everyone wants a golden **** gun.