Full Game Purchase Vs. Origin Subscription - Which is better?

Nyaasensei
59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2018
So yeah, I'm really pumped for Battlefield V.
But recent marketing "tricks" have gotten me to question EA (Correct me if I am wrong in any statement)

Let me sum it up for you, here are the release dates per edition.
Origin Access - 9th of November (10 hour trial)
Origin Access Premier - 9th of November (You'll have access to the full game, and play how much you want until release and forward)
Battlefield V Deluxe Edition - 15th of November
Battlefield V Standard Edition - 20th of November

Why would you not reward people who actually bought the full game more? (PRE ORDERED)
Rather than a subscription service that most people will stop use after a month because they're grew tired of the game already? EA made $15 instead of $60.
Why would you even want to buy the full game now when you can have the whole Origin Library for just $15 a month, including the most expensive editions of all games and get to play games 10 days earlier?

What do you think?
Mature discussion only :)
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Nothing to see here...move along.
    Post edited by madman001able on
  • Hawxxeye
    4145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Giving people with Origin access premier the game 11 earlier than the standard edition feels a really forceful attempt to make people get origin access premier.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fact is i bought premier instead of bf5. For 100 euros i got BF5 deluxe edition for 1 year, unlocked already 9.11.2018. Upcoming Anthem in deluxe edition and another 150 full games - all bf games, all star wars, mass effetcs, titan falls etc etc.

For 100 per year this is best buy moment you plan to play more then 1 game from the list.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Fact is i bought premier instead of bf5. For 100 euros i got BF5 deluxe edition for 1 year, unlocked already 9.11.2018. Upcoming Anthem in deluxe edition and another 150 full games - all bf games, all star wars, mass effetcs, titan falls etc etc.

For 100 per year this is best buy moment you plan to play more then 1 game from the list.

For PC players. Origin premium is $100?
  • Hawxxeye
    4145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

personally I will probably fork over the 15 euros in November to get access to the "11 day second beta" ...
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes its 100 euros per year or 15 per month. Deal is right now very good. Too good actualy for EA. :-)

And all their games will be always part of premier.
  • Hawxxeye

Yes its 100 euros per year or 15 per month. Deal is right now very good. Too good actualy for EA. :-)

And all their games will be always part of premier.
    Yeah unless one is only interested in that one game all year like me then it can quickly get into a good deal.
    The 11 days early access feels like a dirk move though. I mean they said they delay the game to make it better yet there is hardly any delay... just 20 bloiting days. What more can they do in 20 days.
  • warslag
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was considering Access Premier but unless you play lots of full-price Origin games each year it's just not worth it.

Also, interesting that the Americans seem to be paying in dollars what the British are paying in pounds. Another very good reason not to get it.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looking forward to being owned 11 days later than some players :o
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll only buy the game because I'm only interested in Battlefield. And I'll likely buy that on sale at Xmas time for less than $60.

I figure for $100, I'll get both RDR2 and BFV and both will keep me plenty busy for the next year or so.

Original Access for me is like paying for full cable service of 500 channels and you only have time to watch maybe 3-5
    channels. I generally don't see subscription services as good deals as I don't have time to get the benefits.

Just like the PlayStation's rental service. No time to play the games. Much cheaper to buy a used game for $10-20 that will give 10 to 30 hours of play at MY leisure. May take me up to 3 month just to complete one of those games depending on time availability. Renting I'll pay 3 times the amount unless I rush through the game. Then I'm not playing the game for leisure time.

• madman001able

You're drunk again...go to bed.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    warslag wrote: »

Also, interesting that the Americans seem to be paying in dollars what the British are paying in pounds. Another very good reason not to get it.

I can’t speak for BF1 because I don’t know, but BF4 was like this too.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this true?

11 days early?

And I thought the early access for the digital edition was BS.
  • Popa2caps
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nyaasensei wrote: »
    So yeah, I'm really pumped for Battlefield V.
    But recent marketing "tricks" have gotten me to question EA (Correct me if I am wrong in any statement)

Let me sum it up for you, here are the release dates per edition.
    Origin Access - 9th of November (10 hour trial)
    Origin Access Premier - 9th of November (You'll have access to the full game, and play how much you want until release and forward)
    Battlefield V Deluxe Edition - 15th of November
    Battlefield V Standard Edition - 20th of November

Why would you not reward people who actually bought the full game more? (PRE ORDERED)
    Rather than a subscription service that most people will stop use after a month because they're grew tired of the game already? EA made $15 instead of $60.
    Why would you even want to buy the full game now when you can have the whole Origin Library for just $15 a month, including the most expensive editions of all games and get to play games 10 days earlier?

What do you think?
    Mature discussion only :)

I look at it like, It's a service that the person who uses it doesn't keep any of the content after they stop paying, EA might give them some type of bonus like early gameplay to make them say, Hey why spend $60 when i could just $15 a month. On a mass scale, EA will make more overtime with the service over a selling copies, So they want and need those players to feel, welcome.
  • GrimesSU
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol, DICE and EA don't care.
    All it is, is 'GIVE ME MONEY!'
  • TropicPoison
    2170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Guessing the origin stuff is PC only?, What if deluxe is preordered at somewhere like gamestop? do you get to go get it early at the store on the 15th or what.
  • nrgizer36
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Funny and reality 😁😀 Great comment for my Current mood
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11458 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Guessing the origin stuff is PC only?, What if deluxe is preordered at somewhere like gamestop? do you get to go get it early at the store on the 15th or what.

I'm guessing if it's a physical copy there will be a code to activate in Origin to enable the early access.

Also if it's a digital code likewise, you'll activate in Origin and it'll enable the early access
  • TropicPoison
    2170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm guessing if it's a physical copy there will be a code to activate in Origin to enable the early access.

Also if it's a digital code likewise, you'll activate in Origin and it'll enable the early access

If I'm on PS4? This all seems a bit odd, I'm not sure why everyone just doesn't get to play on the 9th if the game is able to be played by then.