Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 5 won't get credit it deserves.

ProAssassin2003
3360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
BFV is looking amazing. DICE is obviously listening and making the game better. However even if this could be IMO the best Battlefield since BFBC2. Sorry started at BFBC2. I still feel it won't get the credit or hype it deserves.

The new COD is being hyped as the best ever. Gameinformer gave it a freaking 9.5. Just LOL. It just takes so much from Battlefield hype despite anybody thinking different.

What I'm getting at is I want Battlefield to have COD hype. I want BFV to be the game everybody wants to play and is talking about. But it truly isn't and I don't think it ever will be. Strangers I talk to always says something about COD but never anything about BFV. Other then media and sites you would think a new Battlefield isn't even coming out.

Some blame has to be put on EA and DICE for there marketing and lack of hype or enthusiasm for there game. They need to go nuts from now until launch with marketing.

Anyways I'm going to play and enjoy Battlefield anyways not caring about that other game but deep down I just want Battlefield to be the Top shooter on the market. Because there is nothing that can match Battlefield in War scenarios and immersion and it just doesn't register how COD continues to dominate it in the Media.

Comments

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game itself will generate hype if it is a good game. No point in throwing money into advertising when all ya gotta do is put the game in the hands of streamers lol.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will enjoy BF5 same as i dud enjoyed last 5 BF games. Recycled CoD i will gladly miss. Mp beta was trash on steroids with tiny arena maps and few players exactly same as last 10 CoD games.

Battle royal is not for me, i think its made for much younger audience. Dont play PubG, Fortnite and dont care about blops 4 or even Firestorm.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think ill try firestorm at least once. It is supposedly the largest map ever in a BF game. My poor og xbox one will probably burst into flames just trying to load it up lol.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For BF to get COD hype, it has to come out in a rotation different than COD. Every time a new version comes out, it is the same month as COD. EA needs to break that cycle as it has meant you could buy a new version of BF for $40 if you wait one month for Xmas sales.

Plus COD is more individual play vs squad for BF4. I think that alone makes a big difference for the huge market of casual players.

BF will never be like COD in popularity / recognition.
  • madman001able
    Good! Less headless chickens to deal with! 😆
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA/Dice marketing missed big time on the marketing for this game. The reveal event went really bad, the reveal trailer was not a good trailer like Dice usually put out, they relied to heavily on YouTubers to get the information out in the public, and then they were quiet for too long. It seems like they gained steam on COD with BF1 and this should have drawing BF closer but the dropped the ball.

But I agree that the game is shaping up to be a great game and will be well liked among the community but I don't think the overall player base is going to grow like it did with BF1.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is looking amazing. DICE is obviously listening and making the game better. However even if this could be IMO the best Battlefield since BFBC2. Sorry started at BFBC2. I still feel it won't get the credit or hype it deserves.

The new COD is being hyped as the best ever. Gameinformer gave it a freaking 9.5. Just LOL. It just takes so much from Battlefield hype despite anybody thinking different.

What I'm getting at is I want Battlefield to have COD hype. I want BFV to be the game everybody wants to play and is talking about. But it truly isn't and I don't think it ever will be. Strangers I talk to always says something about COD but never anything about BFV. Other then media and sites you would think a new Battlefield isn't even coming out.

Some blame has to be put on EA and DICE for there marketing and lack of hype or enthusiasm for there game. They need to go nuts from now until launch with marketing.

Anyways I'm going to play and enjoy Battlefield anyways not caring about that other game but deep down I just want Battlefield to be the Top shooter on the market. Because there is nothing that can match Battlefield in War scenarios and immersion and it just doesn't register how COD continues to dominate it in the Media.

From a marketing side, Battlefield V isn't going too bad, don't take care of thing you read on forums or similar, they are a little part of players.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-10-call-of-duty-black-ops-iiii-a-more-anticipated-game-barely-this-holiday-than-red-dead-redemption-2
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO the bigger a cultural product gets, the more successful it becomes, the broader and broader the its future iterations become as the desire to continually increase profits drives this process forward.

This process can lead to the dilution of the factors that made the product appeal to a specific audience in the first place.

I think you should be careful what you wish for. Imagine what type of game BF would have to become to take COD’s place.

If BFV does eventually gain recognition within the FPS gaming scene it will have to do so on its own merits this time. I mean, unless Snoop Dog is otherwise engaged.

• SilkWildey
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The hype was there for BF1 so you have to assume it's down to bad marketing, people not liking the direction the game is taking and people just genuinely not enjoying the alpha and beta.

I personally just bought BO4 when I was out but I wasn't the remote bit excited about either of them but BO4 came first do grabbed that.

No idea whether I will grab BFV now, depends on BO4 and RDR2 being able to keep me entertained.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What it won't get is the servers it deserves.
  • TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dislike that there's no campaign in BO4 and has bs BR trophies in it, which I HOPE BFV won't.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10859 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mmm. Black ops 4.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    If Firestorm is better than CoD 4's Blackout mode, people will switch over to BF5 in droves. I guarantee it. The ONLY reason BO4 is so hyped is strictly because of Blackout mode. BO4 put all their eggs in one basket, but BF5 has A LOT more going for it than JUST a Battle Royale mode. BF5's overall multiplayer experience is FAAAAR better than BO4's. That's why BF5 won "Best Multiplayer Game" and BO4 won "Best Social Game" at Gamescom this year. And yeah, the marketing for BF5 absolutely DESTROYED any hype for the initial launch of the game to a lot of people, and they are trying their best to fix that, but I feel it's "too little, too late". The game itself will have to change people's minds now, and I think DICE absolutely knows that.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Once players get a taste of the massive desync, delayed item spawning, delayed item equipping in the 10Hz tick Blackout BR mode ... coupled with Projectile physics (CoD is historically hitscan) ... they'll come running to BFV.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think BFV will be a big sucsess, they need to start planing BF6 and the return to modern combat..
  • Trokey66
    8380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    I don't think BFV will be a big sucsess, they need to start planing BF6 and the return to modern combat..

Why is that?
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

thats gonna be a "no" from me dawg
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    as far as I'm aware Black Ops 4 has a single, very real, advantage over Battlefield: V.. the only thing that I think makes it worthwhile to look at it really.
    Black Ops 4 has the capability to support mods (though that's mostly in terms of hearsay, but then again Black Ops 3 had steam-workshop support), though it's not exactly a feature present at it's launch.

That there's any talk of mod support alone makes Blops. 4 more attractive (if only in the sense of "I want to encourage AAA developers to keep doing this") to me than BF:V, where EA doesn't even seem to have a basic grasp on the concept and has essentially ignored Valve, Activision/Blizzard, and Ubisoft's advances in the area over recent years.
  • madman001able

Go play BF 2, BFBC, BFBC2, BFMC, BF3, or BF4 if you want modern combat.