Lol... sometimes I wish pilots have the ability to KICK our backseat gunners out of the planes...

Professor_RAWR
163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Let me say this... I like having the idea of having backseat gunners in our planes for back support but....

It's not funny when literally 99% of your backseat gunners are COMPLETELY USELESS AND DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO DEFEND THE ENTIRE DAM PLANE WHILE GETTING SHOT AT!

Sorry for my little yelling, but in all seriousness, I wish we have the ability to kick our backseat gunners because literally, most of them are completely useless....

Of course, as usual, I was going on a nice streak until I was getting chased by a fighter plane.. pretty normal as usual. I was about to switch to the back seat since apparently I have better aiming/accuracy than all my past backseat gunners, and guess what? One of my squads spawned in my plane! YAY!

I was happy that I was getting back support but guess what? It turns out I just had another dam monkey spawned in the back of my plane shooting around like a maniac when the enemy plane was behind us the entire time and started shooting at us.

And guess what the backseat gunner did? Didn't even bother to shoot the **** enemy plane... and... we died. Also today, same thing happened... this time.. I've decided to be a d*ck and just crash the plane and jump off (i've survived and my gunner died). And i've done this so many times it's just annoying. It's to the point where I ALWAYS spam "GET OUT" multiple times on the chat and they just ignore me. No other choice but to just crash if getting shot at.

The backseat gunners are usually...

1. Shooting around like a headless chicken
2. Completely doing NOTHING
3. Just staring at the enemy plane and NOT SHOOTING!
4. Jump off my plane for a good sniper spot and i'm the taxi driver
5. And worse, at least trying, but has terrible accuracy even when i'm flying my plane still which gives the enemy plane an advantage... LOL

So yea... for me, I think it will be nice to have the option to kick our backseat gunners if they are just useless and not doing their tasks. Do you guys agree? Disagree? Man... it's even the point where I leave my current squad once I spawn on a plane too. Most of my backseat gunners are from my squad and dam.... they are just useless.

I'm not joking! I've counted and in my entire experience of flying(almost lvl 100), I only had 3 USEFUL backseat gunners. I even send them a thank you message too and would love to give them some credit.

Comments

• boutneus
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What I’d like to know is why people that spawn on whatever vehicle you’re in mindlessly start blasting at everything continuously. They won’t get a kill yet they give you a headache by constantly spamming the gun and drawing attention to you. Basically a big heads up to the enemy with noise and tracers, hey, here I am!
    And then when it matters, they bail. I just don’t understand why each and every gunner is like this, ud Think people would have learned a thing or 2 by now...
  • ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah that can be annoying, especially when they spawn after you've swapped seats and then either steal your plane to crash a few moments later or throw your aim off so the plane behind gets the kill. At least they removed the ability for anybody on your team being able to spawn on your attack plane in favour of squad-mates as that was worse (at least you can shout at your squad over coms).

You could try leaving the squad when you get a plane as that would stop anybody from spawning on you if you're in an attack plane. Admittedly that won't work if you're flying a bomber but it might negate some frustration otherwise hopefully.
  • V2Face
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If he was being intentionally terrible to get you killed is one thing but most players can’t hit the side of a barn with a rocket launcher.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    What I’d like to know is why people that spawn on whatever vehicle you’re in mindlessly start blasting at everything continuously. They won’t get a kill yet they give you a headache by constantly spamming the gun and drawing attention to you. Basically a big heads up to the enemy with noise and tracers, hey, here I am!
    And then when it matters, they bail. I just don’t understand why each and every gunner is like this, ud Think people would have learned a thing or 2 by now...

Cuz pew pew..
  • Ronin9572
    840 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Professor_RAWR while I can understand your frustration, being a rear gunner isn't easy. I'm not really good at it, but I'll try. Seat turrets only go so far, up, down, left, and right, all the while the pilot is flying the plane. Think I've only met a handful of players who said they were good at it, most say they suck at it. Big problem is a lack of communication, just like with tanks. But you are right, ppl are idiots back there. Plenty of them in the game who could care less about what you are doing as long as your there to spawn on. I watched guys on the other team today on Zebrugge Shock Ops ditching their planes parachuting in on a roof so they could spawn camp. They paid the price for their idiocy, lol
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Good players usually dont sit on the gunnerseat of a random plane,thats why 99% of gunners are useless. With a bad pilot you can die anytime,only thing you can kill are other planes. Not worth it unless you know the pilot.
  • trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They need a" check our six" command in the commorose. I swear they used to have that. But yeah usually gunners are worthless.
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is why I'll play in a solo squad that's locked when in an attack plane. If I'm in a squad we usually have communication and they'll know when I need to keep the seat open or a gunner for support.
  • The_BERG_366
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let me say this... I like having the idea of having backseat gunners in our planes for back support but....

It's not funny when literally 99% of your backseat gunners are COMPLETELY USELESS AND DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO DEFEND THE ENTIRE DAM PLANE WHILE GETTING SHOT AT!

Sorry for my little yelling, but in all seriousness, I wish we have the ability to kick our backseat gunners because literally, most of them are completely useless....

Of course, as usual, I was going on a nice streak until I was getting chased by a fighter plane.. pretty normal as usual. I was about to switch to the back seat since apparently I have better aiming/accuracy than all my past backseat gunners, and guess what? One of my squads spawned in my plane! YAY!

I was happy that I was getting back support but guess what? It turns out I just had another dam monkey spawned in the back of my plane shooting around like a maniac when the enemy plane was behind us the entire time and started shooting at us.

And guess what the backseat gunner did? Didn't even bother to shoot the **** enemy plane... and... we died. Also today, same thing happened... this time.. I've decided to be a d*ck and just crash the plane and jump off (i've survived and my gunner died). And i've done this so many times it's just annoying. It's to the point where I ALWAYS spam "GET OUT" multiple times on the chat and they just ignore me. No other choice but to just crash if getting shot at.

5. And worse, at least trying, but has terrible accuracy even when i'm flying my plane still which gives the enemy plane an advantage... LOL

So yea... for me, I think it will be nice to have the option to kick our backseat gunners if they are just useless and not doing their tasks. Do you guys agree? Disagree? Man... it's even the point where I leave my current squad once I spawn on a plane too. Most of my backseat gunners are from my squad and dam.... they are just useless.

I'm not joking! I've counted and in my entire experience of flying(almost lvl 100), I only had 3 USEFUL backseat gunners. I even send them a thank you message too and would love to give them some credit.

if u fly evading manoeuvres it gets incredibly hard to aim for your gunner. of course u don't know that since all you do is seat swap so when u are in the back seat the plane is completely stable, hence its easy for you to aim. what u should do is keep your plane leveled despite the enemy being behind you. the machine gun in the back is a lot stronger than a fighters main gun so in a direct fight the backgunner will shred the fighter into pieces in an instant due to the dps advantage of the machinegun.
  • joycebtfbc2
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm sorry :) I'm going to admit that I really like to shoot from a plane but I diddent know it was so hard I always try to protect my team but sometimes it gos to fast so for all pilots I'm sorry!
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think @Ronin9572 and @Callahan44er pretty much nailed it. I consider myself a good gunner but only when I fly with clan mates and have voice comm (TeamSpeak). Gunning for randoms is just not something I do (if that is a trademark of a good player, then I'm good ;) ).

If I get a random gunner I never expect them to be able to be of use. Occasionally it happens, and then I usually praise them in the chat (I will rather try to outmaneuver anyone behind me, giving the gunner a really hard time). In my opinion the most important thing the gunner can do is spot. Then as pilot I know where the enemy is and as gunner they will be able to easier hit the enemy that mostly will be obscured by our plane. The formula is basically spot, shoot some, spot, shoot some, spot, ... -> kill.
  • Professor_RAWR
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

if u fly evading manoeuvres it gets incredibly hard to aim for your gunner. of course u don't know that since all you do is seat swap so when u are in the back seat the plane is completely stable, hence its easy for you to aim. what u should do is keep your plane leveled despite the enemy being behind you. the machine gun in the back is a lot stronger than a fighters main gun so in a direct fight the backgunner will shred the fighter into pieces in an instant due to the dps advantage of the machinegun.

The main problem is that, surprisingly, my backseat pilots have bad accuracy! Lol.... even If I fly still too.

I'm just screaming "HE"S RIGHT THERE GET HIM!" and spamming "need backup"
  • Professor_RAWR
    I wish that the team could kick the pilots of the server when they decide that they don´t want to shoot at each other but just bombs different parts of the same flag, so that the major danger for them is if they accidentally collide on their bomb run.

Yea sadly the lack of dogfighting in this game is bad. What's also a surprise that i had over 80 kills and 5 deaths in operation on a plane, and it was awesome because there was actually dogfights everywhere especially flying around the behemoth. That's a fun experience right there. I was getting chased and chasing other planes... this is how it should be.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I killed an infantry man on the ground from the rear gunner LMG seat of the Attack plane for the first time the other day. Was P cool.

I consider myself a pretty decent back gunner when I feel like doing so, but when the pilot is juking left, right, and center with a fighter tailing us doing the same, we're exchanging fire back and forth and the pilot bails without saying mum or crashes headfirst into a flag pole,makes me feel like it's just not worth it
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Did this yesterday. Reminded me of this thread...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BHwnj_iHY3E
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While some deal with bad gunners I deal with bad pilots. This one bailed while I was taking a threat out and made it so I team killed a clan mate who unfortunately spawned on me

• AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I request the ability to eject a crap pilot from the plane - minus his parachute. 😀 If you hear me shooting at something longer than 2 seconds then maintain course until I stop. That said gunners who shoot at nothing are also a pain
  • olavafar
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    While some deal with bad gunners I deal with bad pilots. This one bailed while I was taking a threat out and made it so I team killed a clan mate who unfortunately spawned on me

To me it looks like he crashed rather than bailed. A bit hard to see the name in the kill log though. Not that crashing is much better but still somewhat more excusable. I tend to bail just before my plane crashes (I like to fly in a very/too risky way and switching between attack and fighter sometimes makes me misjudge the maneuverability of the attack planes) not noticing I have a clan mate in the gunner seat. They do not say anything because they are all nice persons but they probably have some grumpy thoughts :).
  • ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

To me it looks like he crashed rather than bailed. A bit hard to see the name in the kill log though. Not that crashing is much better but still somewhat more excusable. I tend to bail just before my plane crashes (I like to fly in a very/too risky way and switching between attack and fighter sometimes makes me misjudge the maneuverability of the attack planes) not noticing I have a clan mate in the gunner seat. They do not say anything because they are all nice persons but they probably have some grumpy thoughts :).

Looks like the pilot bailed at the 0.50 mark as the seat counter changes from three names to two. They could still have obviously bailed because they knew they were going to crash though.