So the arty truck is taboo now?

167891012»

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Just taking care of it in the usual way. It managed to waste a whole attack on first sector, needless to say once it was gone went to Argonne in 1 swoop and won that 1 as well. So tired of this selfish KD boosting vehicle.

I can seriously look at that clip with a big smile on my face for a very long time :D
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just taking care of it in the usual way. It managed to waste a whole attack on first sector, needless to say once it was gone went to Argonne in 1 swoop and won that 1 as well. So tired of this selfish KD boosting vehicle.

That's the best way to do it. Doing everyone in the lobby a favor.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The scrub truck has sucked all the fun out of operations game mode for me, I've seen matches die because both teams have their armour choice used up on scrub chariots.

The heavy bomber does annoy me but the pilot has to fly over the target, scrub bus all you have to do is reverse to the back of the map and spam away.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    The scrub truck has sucked all the fun out of operations game mode for me, I've seen matches die because both teams have their armour choice used up on scrub chariots.

The heavy bomber does annoy me but the pilot has to fly over the target, scrub bus all you have to do is reverse to the back of the map and spam away.

Most importantlyt the heavy bomber is useful. Killing 1 or 2 people every few secs with the truck doesnt change the battle,clearing an entire area with the bomber can change everything.

And you can also shoot it down pretry easy if a few teammates try the same.
    It can also be quite annoying but it doesnt lead to those matches were attackers dont get a single sector.
  • Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

That has happened to me a few times. However the ironic thing about it is that every time these dolts do it cus they believe I'm just stat padding and being unhelpful, just gave the enemy team's their tank slot back.

Even if its annoying, I'll never personally go out of my way to mess with teammates cus in hindsight all that time you spent team trolling, could have been spent on PTO.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »

That has happened to me a few times. However the ironic thing about it is that every time these dolts do it cus they believe I'm just stat padding and being unhelpful, just gave the enemy team's their tank slot back.

Even if its annoying, I'll never personally go out of my way to mess with teammates cus in hindsight all that time you spent team trolling, could have been spent on PTO.

In your head you were probably helping your team but the reality is if they got to the point where they were that annoyed with you, annoyed enough to TK you, you probably weren't helping the team. And I don't know if I buy the whole "stole the enemies mortar truck and then got team killed" angle. While I have stolen the enemies artillery mortar truck a few times, which is my only experience with them, those times we weren't in a position where my team would be annoyed by me using it. It was always defense on Ops when we were dominating.

And that brings up another point. If the artillery truck is SO GOOD for PTFO and not for farming, like some of you are claiming, why are they almost never found on defense on Ops, which would be the natural place for such a PTFO beast? The short answer is because they can be countered when you lose the sector. So the number one reason that scrubs use them on offense is because they can't be countered, especially if they prevent their team from taking the sector, which is their goal.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While this isn’t the mortar variant it is an arty truck. And someone a few pages ago said they don’t buy the” stole the arty truck “ bit.

I’ve done this several times sadly the video I didn’t capture the other 3 planes I downed.

• theONEFORCE
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    While this isn’t the mortar variant it is an arty truck. And someone a few pages ago said they don’t buy the” stole the arty truck “ bit.

I’ve done this several times sadly the video I didn’t capture the other 3 planes I downed.

I didn’t buy the fact that his team pushed him out of bounds to team kill him after stealing an enemy mortar truck, not that tank stealing doesn’t happen.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I didn’t buy the fact that his team pushed him out of bounds to team kill him after stealing an enemy mortar truck, not that tank stealing doesn’t happen.

My bad misunderstood on that point
  • SlowOldWarrior
    443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Linky for a hero curing cancer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/9q4wzl/bf1_making_the_world_a_better_place_xpost/

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/ZealousGiganticGander' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='1280' height='720' allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

In your head you were probably helping your team but the reality is if they got to the point where they were that annoyed with you, annoyed enough to TK you, you probably weren't helping the team. And I don't know if I buy the whole "stole the enemies mortar truck and then got team killed" angle. While I have stolen the enemies artillery mortar truck a few times, which is my only experience with them, those times we weren't in a position where my team would be annoyed by me using it. It was always defense on Ops when we were dominating.

And that brings up another point. If the artillery truck is SO GOOD for PTFO and not for farming, like some of you are claiming, why are they almost never found on defense on Ops, which would be the natural place for such a PTFO beast? The short answer is because they can be countered when you lose the sector. So the number one reason that scrubs use them on offense is because they can't be countered, especially if they prevent their team from taking the sector, which is their goal.

In my head I was helping by playing keep away with the enemy teams mortar truck I stole. Vehicle snatching is a valid high risk reward tactic.

I mainly play Conquest while barely touching Ops. However it doesnt change the fact for Conquest atleast that there are times where entitled teammates troll their own friendly land vehicles regardless of what type it is because they think they're camping. If they're a scrub chilling in their base or so far away from any objective with a vehicle that isn't AA go for it but leave em alone if they are doing sonething. I've seen plenty of instances in Conquest from BC2 to now that got me or someone else killed by not the enemy getting their stuff back, but idiot teammates doing dumb stuff n being distracting. Its especially bad in Hardcore if you got a entitled bad manners vehicle main on your side.
  • theONEFORCE

In my head I was helping by playing keep away with the enemy teams mortar truck I stole. Vehicle snatching is a valid high risk reward tactic.

I mainly play Conquest while barely touching Ops. However it doesnt change the fact for Conquest atleast that there are times where entitled teammates troll their own friendly land vehicles regardless of what type it is because they think they're camping. If they're a scrub chilling in their base or so far away from any objective with a vehicle that isn't AA go for it but leave em alone if they are doing sonething. I've seen plenty of instances in Conquest from BC2 to now that got me or someone else killed by not the enemy getting their stuff back, but idiot teammates doing dumb stuff n being distracting. Its especially bad in Hardcore if you got a entitled bad manners vehicle main on your side.

I think you need to blame all of the idiots that use the mortar truck in a selfish manner for you getting trolled. If you are the 1 person out of 1000 that uses in a helpful way then that is a shame because so far I haven't encountered an mortar arty truck player that isn't the scum of the earth.

The sad thing is that even they know it. All of the derpity derp Murometz pilots will post videos of their OP tactics to online forums and groups but the mortar truck guys know that they are lowest of the low and they won't admit to their use of dirty tactics to cover up their terrible stats.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just waiting on BFV. No more awful Indirect Explosives spam.

• Kongo030
    643 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I recently tried the mortar truck in conquest. Probably depends on the map but I managed to constantly kill the enemy tanks making them stay close to their a flag. OFC I had to dodge counter attacks but that's manageable with the speed of the truck.
    It's a great tank killer as you fire an initial volley plus gas so everyone bailing out to repair gets gassed. If you didn't manage to kill with the first volley you reload fast enough to kill it of with followup shots.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this is still going strong I see :)
  • ElliotLH
    8208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Want to know what's worse than a mortar truck? A mortar truck which doesn't even move from the spawn point and stops your team spawning other tanks.

Just had that on the Amiens operation and it was maddening.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • theONEFORCE

Not the version of the arty truck we are talking about. Either you didn't read the thread or this is just spam to advertise your twitch channel.