This Week in Battlefield V

I had to quit because of the balancer.

Piotrek1983pm
344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I played 4 matches all won and this one was going to be the last one and it was but I left before end of the round. Why? It was french dlc map and we took over all point, we were leading something 350 to 100 tickets when balancer moved me to the other team, I just quited then.
I think it is a bad idea to move people into a team that has no slightes chance of winning.

Comments

• hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anytime an autobalancer is included in a BF game, it will break the game
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder if it's a last-ditch attempt by DICE to encourage people to buy BFV.

Not working, DICE.
  • Ronin9572
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When ever you get switched you can switch right back if your fast enough.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    When ever you get switched you can switch right back if your fast enough.

Not if you get switched at 950 points...or if the team you get switched to still has less players.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just another example that matchmaking is terrible and autobalancing is pointless. Team switching should only happen when you have people in a party that want to play together. No other time should people be allowed to switch. That is one reason why the matchmaking is pointless. Balance the teams and POOF, players move to the team that has the most high ranked players. On console rank 95% matters. I have not once in 300+ hrs seen a bad 150 level player. I may have seen one or two that would be considered average based on in game stats. I have a screenshot of a match where the winning team had 4 or 5 level 150 players and they all were in the top 5 in points and kills. On PC it may be very different. But if you see a 150 player on console, they are going to be much better than average 95% of the time.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's never going to be a perfect balancer in Battlefield, because it's difficult to judge a player's individual skill when the whole game is about teamplay, plus the large number of players means that there's always going to be a bell curve of skill, so what does the balancer do if the top end players on one team leave? It can't just toss all the cannon fodder onto the other team, because that's not balance, but at the same time the numbers do have to even out to give the losing team any kind of fighting chance.

I just think it's way worse in BF1, because of the terrible Conquest scoring system that makes comebacks nigh impossible. Basically 90% of the time a match is decided pretty early on.