Weekly BF

Mondragon storm

entropology
107 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi all,
I stopped playing for about a year, I have recently started again. I play as a medic and use the Mondragon, has the power of this particular weapon been reduced? I am finding that getting direct hits on other players hardly has an impact. I play on the PS4 and have good internet connection.
Apologise if this subject has been covered elsewhere, I could not find one.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ronin9572
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually we had the TTK2.0 update in January(iirc) and it increased the damage. Takes 1 less bullet to kill and the max damage range was extended
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope, its effectiveness was increased, but maybe you're like me. I just can't click with the Mondragon for some reason. I'm more effective with every other Medic weapon.
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try the Howell the mandragon suffers from the disappearing bullet issue too much.
    Used to be a great gun.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wasnt it always a 3 hit kill?
    Its not bad but there are many better guns to pick...
  • -Antares65z
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I have found a lot of success with the Howell Automatic Sniper while playing aggressive Medic. It has some decent range but not great. The Mondragon just doesn't work for me for some reason. In CQC, I'll switch to the other Howell infantry variant and use AA sites. Can't stand the other iron site on it.
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have found a lot of success with the Howell Automatic Sniper while playing aggressive Medic. It has some decent range but not great. The Mondragon just doesn't work for me for some reason. In CQC, I'll switch to the other Howell infantry variant and use AA sites. Can't stand the other iron site on it.

AA sights plus you get the accuracy boost with the bipod too.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With TTK 2.0, most automatic firearms now kill with one less shot. All the Medic weapons got, for most intents and purposes, was improved damage drop-off ranges and less spread increase per shot. As such, Medic weapons now lag a decent bit behind those of Assault and Support in terms of TTK (time to kill). The Mondragon didn't benefit from the update as much as many other Medic weapons. You're now better off with the Farquhar-Hill, Howell Automatic, Cei-Rigotti, and Autoloading 8 .35.
  • MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its basically the same all rounder its ever been, only its really close to outclassed by the Howell/Farquhar. While its 4 to the body past 54m with those guns they can get 3 hit kills with a headshot or even 2 like the Mondragon if both are heads outside that range. Inside that distance the Howell/Farquhar are way better guns. The Mauser-firing rifles should have been given 37.5 min damage in new TTK so one head and one body shot would always kill, not just the damage drop off buff to 40-80m which basically just increases the 2 hit kill assist as kill damage range and 1 to the head/1 to the body 2 hit distance. Almost nothing.

Rifles with a slower rate of fire already gained little from the new TTK buff as it was.
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wasnt it always a 3 hit kill?
    Its not bad but there are many better guns to pick...

Yeah, infinite 3 shot. The mondragon sniper is amazing on some of the larger maps.
  • Ronin9572
    With TTK 2.0, most automatic firearms now kill with one less shot. All the Medic weapons got, for most intents and purposes, was improved damage drop-off ranges and less spread increase per shot. As such, Medic weapons now lag a decent bit behind those of Assault and Support in terms of TTK (time to kill). The Mondragon didn't benefit from the update as much as many other Medic weapons. You're now better off with the Farquhar-Hill, Howell Automatic, Cei-Rigotti, and Autoloading 8 .35.

I used to love the Mondragon storm, but recently switched to the Cei Rigotti optical. Totally loving that gun right now!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I like the gun as well but at range it sometimes takes 4 shots to drop someone. Great accuracy though.
  • entropology
    107 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi all, bit of a late reply.
    Thank you all for your comments which I have found to be very useful.
    I should have written that it is in fact the Modragon Storm in which I use. I will try the Mondragon sniper and the others mentioned.
    On reflexion, even though I have a good internet connection, it may be lag that causes my hits not to do so much damage after all.
  • Ronin9572
    @entropology hit registration has been getting worse(for some) as the game ages. I still enjoy using the Mondragon storm some times. Bit as I said in an earlier post I'm really enjoying the Cei Rigotti atm. Being able to switch fire modes when different circumstances arise is great!
  • entropology
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    @entropology hit registration has been getting worse(for some) as the game ages. I still enjoy using the Mondragon storm some times. Bit as I said in an earlier post I'm really enjoying the Cei Rigotti atm. Being able to switch fire modes when different circumstances arise is great!

Going to try that. I am a bit old fashioned though, whereby I stick to what I know lol.
  • Ronin9572
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Going to try that. I am a bit old fashioned though, whereby I stick to what I know lol.

I am the same way. The more I've played the more I find other guns I appreciate more. Every gun and variant has a purpose, even if it's just to troll. Lol