Full Game Purchase Vs. Origin Subscription - Which is better?

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If I'm on PS4? This all seems a bit odd, I'm not sure why everyone just doesn't get to play on the 9th if the game is able to be played by then.

I have to agree with you. Everyone should get to play the game at the earliest possible date. Selling Early Access to the full launch of a game is a scummy practice that needs to die.
  • SergeantGekko
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If I'm on PS4? This all seems a bit odd, I'm not sure why everyone just doesn't get to play on the 9th if the game is able to be played by then.

I have to agree with you. Everyone should get to play the game at the earliest possible date. Selling Early Access to the full launch of a game is a scummy practice that needs to die.

Yeah I'd say that on PS4 you should at least be able to play at the same time as with Origin early access if you've chipped in with deluxe
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah I'd say that on PS4 you should at least be able to play at the same time as with Origin early access if you've chipped in with deluxe

Yeah that's what I was asking the mod, would it be possible to play on PS4 starting the 9th not sure how origin would work with a digital or physical BFV deluxe edition.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah that's what I was asking the mod, would it be possible to play on PS4 starting the 9th not sure how origin would work with a digital or physical BFV deluxe edition.

Origin Access is only on PC, and EA Access is only on Xbox. PS4 has nothing.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's not how the mod was explaining things on the last page.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you still kill your subscription monthly? I bought Origin Access for a month for the BF1 release since I was on vacation on the official release date and so I could play before my mates and keep up.
    For BFV I might consider this as well, since I really did not have any fun when playing alone, while it was alright with a squadmate. If the release version is enjoyable alone then for the first couple of days I might consider buying it, while if it is just the beta feeling again, I can skip and only spent 15€.

However, I am at bay with Origin, as I think it is the single worst launcher there is and also the one that is the most invading in my games. Plus all those issues I have with the BF1+V matchmaking, party and bugs etc. stem from this garbage can.
    Also the only security breach I ever had with any piece of software was with Origin, where my account details were used to buy 100€ in form of SWTOR tokens. Luckily the Credit Card had long been expired by then. This might not have anything to do with Origin in particular, but it leaves a bad taste.
  • GrizzGolf
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nyaasensei wrote: »
    So yeah, I'm really pumped for Battlefield V.
    But recent marketing "tricks" have gotten me to question EA (Correct me if I am wrong in any statement)

Let me sum it up for you, here are the release dates per edition.
    Origin Access - 9th of November (10 hour trial)
    Origin Access Premier - 9th of November (You'll have access to the full game, and play how much you want until release and forward)
    Battlefield V Deluxe Edition - 15th of November
    Battlefield V Standard Edition - 20th of November

Why would you not reward people who actually bought the full game more? (PRE ORDERED)
    Rather than a subscription service that most people will stop use after a month because they're grew tired of the game already? EA made $15 instead of $60.
    Why would you even want to buy the full game now when you can have the whole Origin Library for just $15 a month, including the most expensive editions of all games and get to play games 10 days earlier?

What do you think?
    Mature discussion only :)

Ill do the 10 hour trial to get me to the 15.
  • Hawxxeye
    5160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrimesSU wrote: »
    Lol, DICE and EA don't care.
    All it is, is 'GIVE ME MONEY!'

Well technically.. If you're running a business and revenue isn't your goal, You would quickly find yourself not running a business for very long.
    This is what I also used to think but I have seen several cases where companies (especially in the entertainment industry) make controversial decisions that a lot of their customers do not like and double down on them.
  • warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I do think it's pretty ridiculous that those with origin access premier get full unlimited access to the game a week before deluxe and 11 days before anyone else. EA being scummy as usual.

If you buy Origin Access Premier at £15 a month and play BFV for 2 years that means you will have paid £360 for BFV.

Or, if you pay £90 for a yearly Origin Access Premier subscription and play BFV for 2 years you will have paid £180 for BFV.

This is probably the basis for offering one week of early access to BFV for Origin Access Premier customers.

This is also why it makes sense to buy Origin Access Premier ONLY if you play a lot of Origin games.

…………………………………..
  • DeadlyDanDaMan

That's not how the mod was explaining things on the last page.

Well, that's how it works. Sorry the mod didn't explain it as simply as I did. PS4 users get nothing.
  • doctorrocktor
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So they push it back to the 20th to smooth things out,yet people can start playing on the 9th.yes i cant wait to play bfv,but if it's ready by the 9th let us all play then.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12586 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Guessing the origin stuff is PC only?, What if deluxe is preordered at somewhere like gamestop? do you get to go get it early at the store on the 15th or what.

I'm guessing if it's a physical copy there will be a code to activate in Origin to enable the early access.

Also if it's a digital code likewise, you'll activate in Origin and it'll enable the early access

Doh sorry, For some reason I thought you were asking about it on PC.

I think Xbox has a similar system but I'm unsure if PS4 has a similar thing like "EA Access".

I don't agree with it personally, Giving others a week early access ahead of those who pre ordered but hey.. what can you do?

I guess on the plus side if there's issues with the game during the week early access we'll get a hotfix for the actual launch for everybody :wink:
  • doctorrocktor
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well to say they pushed it back to the 20th to smooth things out i must agree this is a bad move.if the game is ready on the 9th then everyone should get to play it then.
  • Hawxxeye
    5160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    I do think it's pretty ridiculous that those with origin access premier get full unlimited access to the game a week before deluxe and 11 days before anyone else. EA being scummy as usual.

If you buy Origin Access Premier at £15 a month and play BFV for 2 years that means you will have paid £360 for BFV.

Or, if you pay £90 for a yearly Origin Access Premier subscription and play BFV for 2 years you will have paid £180 for BFV.

This is probably the basis for offering one week of early access to BFV for Origin Access Premier customers.

This is also why it makes sense to buy Origin Access Premier ONLY if you play a lot of Origin games.

…………………………………..

Cant one just pay 15 for one month and then cancel once the game is out (assuming they bought the game separately)?
  • warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

…………………………………..

Cant one just pay 15 for one month and then cancel once the game is out (assuming they bought the game separately)?

I don't know. I paid for one month of Origin for £5 to get a discount on BF1 so I think it might work. Still seems a bit extreme to pay £15 for one week of BFV.

It doesn't really reflect well on EA. It makes them look greedy and devious.
  • TropicPoison

…………………………………..

Oh I know. That's exactly why they do it. Like I said. EA as usual. It's not cool that Origin Access Premier users get full access a week before deluxe edition pre-orders. I don't mind the whole 10 hr trial that much, but I'm not alright with the full access part. Especially since those who pre-order the Deluxe Edition are taking more risk and investing more into their support of the game based on nothing more than confidence in the dev team. A premier user can play for a month or two and then cancel. A pre-order user is staking $80 in the game ahead of time.

It pisses me off because it's a dirty tactic just to get more origin access users, like I said on the last page if it's playable on the 9th why isn't it just playable for everyone on the 9th...
  • AstraeusTheTitan
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Yes. If you can be bothered, you can take out 1 month of premier for £15 early Nov. Buy the £70 deluxe bfv using premier's 10% to save yourself £7. Cancel recurring premier after a few days. bfv deluxe cost you £63 + £15 for the absolute earliest release - or £8 extra if you prefer.