Full Game Purchase Vs. Origin Subscription - Which is better?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TropicPoison wrote
    if it's playable on the 9th why isn't it just playable for everyone on the 9th...
    It should be. It would to give them some credit. which I guess they need :wink:

• VincentNZ
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I do think it's pretty ridiculous that those with origin access premier get full unlimited access to the game a week before deluxe and 11 days before anyone else. EA being scummy as usual.

If you buy Origin Access Premier at £15 a month and play BFV for 2 years that means you will have paid £360 for BFV.

Or, if you pay £90 for a yearly Origin Access Premier subscription and play BFV for 2 years you will have paid £180 for BFV.

This is probably the basis for offering one week of early access to BFV for Origin Access Premier customers.

This is also why it makes sense to buy Origin Access Premier ONLY if you play a lot of Origin games.

…………………………………..

Cant one just pay 15 for one month and then cancel once the game is out (assuming they bought the game separately)?

I don't know. I paid for one month of Origin for £5 to get a discount on BF1 so I think it might work. Still seems a bit extreme to pay £15 for one week of BFV.

It doesn't really reflect well on EA. It makes them look greedy and devious.

But you do not get it for a week, but a month, which can work out, if you are not really sure if the game will turn out well. I, for example do not yet know, if my mates will play and when they will play. Premier would give me 60ish hours of playtime for 15€, which I think is okay. The extra 60€ from buying the game afterwards would then not really hurt either.
    However, having three different release dates is very shady, and typical EA, this is true. And so is tieing the game so deeply into Origin.
  • SirBobdk
    3699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will your progress remain if you choose origin access (10 hours) or premier ( 1 month) and then buy the game and cancel access.
  • VacantBullet
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My 2 cents:

People really NEED TO STOP PREORDERING GAMES.
    im writing this in caps and bold, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, AND THE REASON WHY GAMES ARE SO UNFINISHED AT LAUNCH.

You know exactly what is going to happen, first months, forum will be full of
    "Please DICE wtf fix this game" "omg direct X assert fail" "nvidia driver cuda error" "network fail" "can not enter a game pls fix" "this game is garbage, alpha status" "dICE pls fix your game" and so on.

all this just to say, why even bother to preorder something that 1) doesnt have a pvp ladder system , so even if you are "late" to the party who cares 2) its going to be unplayable and just frustrating at start, so your 11 days early access will just be an unjustified purchase and gonna just make you mad.

I know that in this forum saying smart and intelligent things is not the norm, so i expect a lot of flames, yet you can mark this post and you will see that is exactly whats going to happen.

Game environment went to crap since everyone joined this preordering crap. Companies are lazy. And people who preorder contributed to this.

hf
  • VincentNZ
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Will your progress remain if you choose origin access (10 hours) or premier ( 1 month) and then buy the game and cancel access.

Yeah pretty sure, as progress is tied to your profile, which is tied to your Origin Account.
  • ElliotLH
    6769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bought Digital Deluxe. Not very Deluxe when people get to play before me.

Oh well I took 2 weeks off Vacation for this and Fallout 76. Why? Because I'm a 33 Yo Nerd.

Was thinking of doing the same thing myself lol
  • LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I do think it's pretty ridiculous that those with origin access premier get full unlimited access to the game a week before deluxe and 11 days before anyone else. EA being scummy as usual.

If you buy Origin Access Premier at £15 a month and play BFV for 2 years that means you will have paid £360 for BFV.

Or, if you pay £90 for a yearly Origin Access Premier subscription and play BFV for 2 years you will have paid £180 for BFV.

This is probably the basis for offering one week of early access to BFV for Origin Access Premier customers.

This is also why it makes sense to buy Origin Access Premier ONLY if you play a lot of Origin games.

…………………………………..

Cant one just pay 15 for one month and then cancel once the game is out (assuming they bought the game separately)?

I don't know. I paid for one month of Origin for £5 to get a discount on BF1 so I think it might work. Still seems a bit extreme to pay £15 for one week of BFV.

Pay 1 months origin access (£14.99) to see how game is at launch and get 1st day access.

If it's good then use 10% discount to buy full game just before 1st month is up (£54.99 - £5.49 = £49.50).

If it's bad/buggy/server issues then cancel origin access and go back to BF1/BF4.

It's a bad situation that they have to force us to do this just to make origin access figures look good for the year end, no wonder pre-order sales figures are down pulling tricks like this by giving 1st access to the subscription service. I wonder how they will explain to market that they have a huge leap in numbers for them to drop as everyone cancels after early access. Its like the gym membership service model where they hope that most people forget and keep paying the monthly fee.
  • warslag
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    LumoColor wrote: »

…………………………………..

Pay 1 months origin access (£14.99) to see how game is at launch and get 1st day access.

If it's good then use 10% discount to buy full game just before 1st month is up (£54.99 - £5.49 = £49.50).

If it's bad/buggy/server issues then cancel origin access and go back to BF1/BF4.

It's a bad situation that they have to force us to do this just to make origin access figures look good for the year end, no wonder pre-order sales figures are down pulling tricks like this by giving 1st access to the subscription service. I wonder how they will explain to market that they have a huge leap in numbers for them to drop as everyone cancels after early access. Its like the gym membership service model where they hope that most people forget and keep paying the monthly fee.

Hiya Lumo,

Thanks for the advice.

You'll still lose money that way, though.

£15 for Premier.

Cancel Premier if game is bad. £15 gone.

Buy game if it's good. £10 gone plus £49.50 for game.

Or, wait six months game £1.
  • SirBobdk
    Well to say they pushed it back to the 20th to smooth things out i must agree this is a bad move.if the game is ready on the 9th then everyone should get to play it then.

Agree. It would give them some credit consider all the mess
  • Nyaasensei
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well to say they pushed it back to the 20th to smooth things out i must agree this is a bad move.if the game is ready on the 9th then everyone should get to play it then.

I agree!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still don't know if EA Access (Xbox) on November 9th is a 10-hour trial or unlimited access.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Still don't know if EA Access (Xbox) on November 9th is a 10-hour trial or unlimited access.

It's 10 hour early access starting on Nov. 9th up until launch day (launch day is probably determined by which version of the game you bought, I'm assuming so don't quote me on that). Here's the link: https://www.ea.com/ea-access/news/coming-soon-to-ea-access-october-2018

Hope that helps a little bit.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, this I don't hold with whatsoever. I really don't like this whole early access garbage for buying different editions as it is, but to push the Origin Access service with an 6 day head start on the deluxe edition (which already had early access)? That's just awful.

What is wrong with just releasing the game at the same time for everyone, no matter what edition they have? Why separate people into different tiers as if they're lesser customers because they dared to buy a cheaper version of the game? The digital deluxe edition has cosmetic extras to justify the extra cost, Origin Access Premier has access to the full game (and other full games). Why do we need to separate the player base on top of it all?

If you're paying the £3.99 or whatever it is in the US, then it'll be a trial. I think Premier is a PC only thing at the moment anyway.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any idea if it's possible once the 10 hour trial runs out to create a second profile and get another 10 hours?
  • doctorrocktor
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any idea if it's possible once the 10 hour trial runs out to create a second profile and get another 10 hours?

Yeah i did this with bf1.
  • LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hiya Lumo,

Thanks for the advice.

£15 for Premier.

Question is, will it still be around in 6 months?

• TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

…………………………………..

Hiya Lumo,

Thanks for the advice.

£15 for Premier.

Lmao. You can say this about any product.

Don’t purchase that bread today for $4.99. Wait until the end of the week when it’s $1.99.

Don’t purchase that car today for $65,000. Wait until next years model and you can get it for $45,000.

I’ve never “lost money” on a video game. I paid $20 for verdun and played it for five minutes. It cost me $4 a minute to play it, but I didn’t lose money.

Post edited by TEKNOCODE on
  • warslag
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hiya Lumo,

Thanks for the advice.

£15 for Premier.

Question is, will it still be around in 6 months?

Are you saying the sequel to BFV might be out by then? If you pre-order BF6 now with Origin Access Premier do you get 6 months early access so you can play it before BFV is released?
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Giving people with Origin access premier the game 11 earlier than the standard edition feels a really forceful attempt to make people get origin access premier.
    This surprises anyone? Even if 10% of the people stay on origin access premier after the trial runs out it's a win-win for EA.