so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• JamieCurnock
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Are you referring to the pilot style goggles?
    Just as an exampel, but the uniforms in the link is very different from the pitcture most have of ww2 uniforms imo.

Didnt notice anything wrong with the uniforms tbh, all looked pretty good I thought.

Not too worried about those pilot style goggles, probably no more noticeable than a golden hellreigel in bf1 and that didn't really mess with the overall enjoyment of the game for me.
  • StormSaxon
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 15
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    So if someone was into BF1 (I got rid of it after a week), then that person can't complain about BFV? Strange how the BF community will poop all over previous BF games -- even the ones they apparently loved-- to counter the complaints about the next installment.

Anyway, having black female german infantry lying on the ground, moaning as if they're giving birth is sooooo accurately WW2-authentic, but overall, the game just doesn't seem like a WW2 game to me -- Which is fine if you aren't bothered about having a WW2 game.

Depends on why they claim that they don’t like BFV.
    If it’s for a reason like ... they’ve removed spotting, sniping is not easy any more, there’s no horses, WW2 is not interesting then it’s valid.

But claiming BF1 feels like WW1 but BFV doesn’t feel like WW2!!! Yeah sorry. Your entitled to not like what you don’t like but if you come out with logically odd arguments others are free to comment on it.

Sorry. BFV beta had lots of odd things in it that didn’t feel very WW2. Based on the VERY limited slice that we saw.
    But BF1 soldiers look no less strange and bizarre compared to ACTUAL ww1 soldiers.... even here others have said “ww1 classes”. Only real class in WW1 is “rifleman”. These weird squads of smg troops with assault rifles and pistols (officers only weapon) are completely non WW1 in style and appearance. So if you can play WW1 with black German snipers, armored visors, smgs galore, fictional uniforms, Russian lady snipers, bullet proof horses, tanks in theatres and battles they weren’t in and 50% of the action fought in fog....
    BFV is just more of the same.

So the real reason is something else (I couldn’t play as American, I don’t like to see women, I think it should look like SPR but it doesn’t, the beta had a map in Norway and there was only a battle there involving 3 of the wars 6 main belligerents)
    But they don’t want to say maybe.

Or.

They don’t know as much about WW1 and 2 as they think they do.

And, I really liked BF1. But after a week I decided it’s not a WW1 game, it’s just BF3 with WW1 (and a few Victorian) weapons... it was much easier to play then.
  • StormSaxon
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    So if someone was into BF1 (I got rid of it after a week), then that person can't complain about BFV? Strange how the BF community will poop all over previous BF games -- even the ones they apparently loved-- to counter the complaints about the next installment.

Anyway, having black female german infantry lying on the ground, moaning as if they're giving birth is sooooo accurately WW2-authentic, but overall, the game just doesn't seem like a WW2 game to me -- Which is fine if you aren't bothered about having a WW2 game.

If it’s for a reason like ... they’ve removed spotting, sniping is not easy any more, there’s no horses, WW2 is not interesting then it’s valid.

But claiming BF1 feels like WW1 but BFV doesn’t feel like WW2!!! Yeah sorry. Your entitled to not like what you don’t like but if you come out with logically odd arguments others are free to comment on it.

Sorry. BFV beta had lots of odd things in it that didn’t feel very WW2. Based on the VERY limited slice that we saw.
    But BF1 soldiers look no less strange and bizarre compared to ACTUAL ww1 soldiers.... even here others have said “ww1 classes”. Only real class in WW1 is “rifleman”. These weird squads of smg troops with assault rifles and pistols (officers only weapon) are completely non WW1 in style and appearance. So if you can play WW1 with black German snipers, armored visors, smgs galore, fictional uniforms, Russian lady snipers, bullet proof horses, tanks in theatres and battles they weren’t in and 50% of the action fought in fog....

So the real reason is something else (I couldn’t play as American, I don’t like to see women, I think it should look like SPR but it doesn’t, the beta had a map in Norway and there was only a battle there involving 3 of the wars 6 main belligerents)

Or.

And, I really liked BF1. But after a week I decided it’s not a WW1 game, it’s just BF3 with WW1 (and a few Victorian) weapons... it was much easier to play then.

BFV does not feel or look like WW2.

Yes. Not much. But it looks MORE like WW2 than BF1 does WW1. But then BF1 does not look anything like WW1 either. BF4 and BF3 looked strange too.
    So if you rejected those games on the same grounds... fair enough.

But if you could bite down and imagine a Chinese vs US fight in Shanghai, or Black German WW1 snipers and horses that can’t be killed with less than 80 LMG shots. Then claiming BFV isn’t WW2 enough when it’s very first map involved an actual REAL theatre of WW2, and two of the main belligerents.... Is a very weak argument.
  • ZombieP1ow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

-snip-

Agreed, I don't really concern myself with what the pixels look like, as long as hit boxes register, game play is solid, and weapons are balanced. BF3 and BF1 did,'t appeal to me a bit, I have thousands of hours in other titles, but those two were a mess to me. BFV felt like an older version, plus the removal of spamming the spot button, limited ammo, the changes to bullet penetration, etc. I like the changes, and I personally can't wait for the game to release.

• StormSaxon
    Well.
    Yes. Not much. But it looks MORE like WW2 than BF1 does WW1. But then BF1 does not look anything like WW1 either. BF4 and BF3 looked strange too.
    So if you rejected those games on the same grounds... fair enough.

But if you could bite down and imagine a Chinese vs US fight in Shanghai, or Black German WW1 snipers and horses that can’t be killed with less than 80 LMG shots. Then claiming BFV isn’t WW2 enough when it’s very first map involved an actual REAL theatre of WW2, and two of the main belligerents.... Is a very weak argument.

Okay, so BFV is completely WW2-accurately authentic IF you tell yourself that the other games were weird looking in comparison to the settings/themes they were going for?

The problem I have with your BF4 and BF3 looked strange too is that those two games were set during fictitious wars....As for BF1's Black German snipers, I traded BF1 in after the first week of its release. The suspension of disbelief with BF3 and BF4 was cememented on a different story-telling mechanic than BF1 and BFV seeing as BF1 and BFV were based on actual wars.

Well. I didn’t say it looks like WW2 with total accuracy. I said it looks MORE like WW2 than BF1 looked like WW1.
    And BF4 and BF3 were total fantasy...

So anyone complaining about authenticity after having racked up hundreds of hours in BF1 or BF4 is disengenuous at worst, confused at best.

Now you might be one of the handlefull of gamers that quit BF1 due to its almost complete disregard for history, facts, authenticity and if you are, fair played. Your sticking to some high principles. I’d expect BFV to rile you the same way. But honestly it does not look as off point as BF1 does. And regardless, the vast majority of nay sayers have clocked up lots of BF1 time.

So either they don’t know about WW1, so don’t realise how hypocritical they sound.

Or they don’t know about WW2 and are confused that it doesn’t look like Normandy Beach or Stalingrad.

“Based on”
    A good point BF1 was very loosely based on WW1. It used some battle names on maps, had some of the right weapons and a duck load of experimental ones never or rarely used, and had the right nations in bizarre and fantastically warped versions of unfiforms. It had, bizarre mixtures of race and gender in such a way to be laughable on VERY thin grounds (I assume the black sniper is based on Askari)...
    Just like BF4 is based on a bizarre and fantastical version of China, fighting an impossible to imagine ever happening war against the USA in China with soldiers beamed out of a sci fi movie.

So if you can stomach THAT
    What is so hard to deal with BFV?
    Race and gender? They are customizable in the game. You can play as a character that’s as historically accurate as you want....
    much better than BF1 where we had no choice but to be black snipers in German western front or Turks in uniforms that were barely issued or Brits who can’t use bolt action rifles unless they are Scouts.... an so on.
    In fact this COULD be the most accurate looking game yet if everyone customizes their troops to be the most like WW2 pictures they can.
    It won’t though... the number of people whining and crying (so easily triggered some people) almost guarantees some heavy trolling by people deliberately playing in the most weird combinations imaginable.

• StormSaxon

Or.

BFV does not feel or look like WW2.

Agreed. But it’s closer to it than BF1 was to WW1.
  • warslag
    844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was considering buying BFV if I could find a way of getting it more cheaply. However, every alternative is yet more expensive. :s

Why don't they give a discount to BF2 players of 50%? o:)

The trouble with waiting months for the price to come down is that BF6 will probably be out by then. :D
  • Luggerix
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not going to buy BFV at launch, but luckily my friend has pre-ordered so I can test his copy. Fortunately RDR2 and NHL 19 keep me busy so I can wait that the game is on sale or something.
  • JudahWarrior
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Of course pre ordering the digital deluxe edition along with origin access to play Nov 9th.
  • TropicPoison
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 16
    Of course pre ordering the digital deluxe edition along with origin access to play Nov 9th.

You kinda fell for exactly what underhanded EA was hoping for, so therefore they'll continue to do garbage like this having different release dates when it should have just been released for everyone on the 9th.
    Post edited by TropicPoison on
  • staRS-SirBob
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You kinda fell for exactly what underhanded EA was hoping for, so therefore they'll continue to do garbage like this havin different release dates when it should have just been released for everyone on the 9th.
    Spot on.

• suffice_ls
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the number of people whining and crying (so easily triggered some people) almost guarantees some heavy trolling by people deliberately playing in the most weird combinations imaginable.

That's kinda what I'm hoping for at this point. We've all now seen what "whining" can accomplish. Hopefully DICE will backtrack on their "if you' don't like it, don't buy it" by rethinking their approach to forcing politically motivated design decisions into their work.

And BF4 and BF3 were total fantasy...

Yep, and if their willing to crap all over WW2 so hard, they ought to stick to total fantasy...Don't say it's WW2. As it stands, they really might as well have themed BF5 to see clowns battling space aliens...If the accuracies of the theme matter so little, then why not?

• NLBartmaN
    1897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I totally disagree with you on this statement.

And looking at a lot of dislikes, comments and things that happened after the reveal trailer, lots of people don't agree with you ...

I do agree with you it COULD look more like WW2, if everyone does NOT use the customization options for anything else then a real WW2 look, but that won't happen ... so it will look NOTHING like WW2, it will look more like a fictional guerrilla war with random soldiers.
  • StormSaxon
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

I totally disagree with you on this statement.

And looking at a lot of dislikes, comments and things that happened after the reveal trailer, lots of people don't agree with you ...

I do agree with you it COULD look more like WW2, if everyone does NOT use the customization options for anything else then a real WW2 look, but that won't happen ... so it will look NOTHING like WW2, it will look more like a fictional guerrilla war with random soldiers.

No doubt but I’d strongly suggest that they neither realise how off WW1 BF1 was and that they don’t know enough about WW2.
    Though I’ll hands up say that the release trailer was TERRIBLE and caused a lot of unnecessary negative feelings that could have been avoided.

But the game.
    If you ignore the fact we couldn’t customise the soldiers gender, race and face in the 2 map demo beta had
    Closer to WW2 uniforms for the Germans and Brits than any of the BF1 soldiers.... other than the Americans (only faction that looked right).
  • VincentNZ
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought BF1 captured the atmosphere pretty well, it was neither realist, authentic or even a good game, but the 64p conquest actually felt like a futile back and forth of frontlines. While I did think the soldier representation was rather doubtful with black german snipers yet an all-white Italian Army and no african battlefields to justify, the sheer amount of oddities in BFV even after toning customisation down is hard not to see.
    It is especially ridiculous, when you think about the context of the war, which was all about supremacy over others and intense racism on both sides. Yet the MP shows that all this stuff never existed and never mattered, because it isn't this way now. I'll grant them though, that they make us play Senegalese soldiers in the singleplayer though, we'll see though how racism there plays out, though.
  • NLBartmaN
    1897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

No doubt but I’d strongly suggest that they neither realise how off WW1 BF1 was and that they don’t know enough about WW2.
    Though I’ll hands up say that the release trailer was TERRIBLE and caused a lot of unnecessary negative feelings that could have been avoided.

But the game.
    If you ignore the fact we couldn’t customise the soldiers gender, race and face in the 2 map demo beta had
    Closer to WW2 uniforms for the Germans and Brits than any of the BF1 soldiers.... other than the Americans (only faction that looked right).

The release trailer was mostly terrible because of the wacky customizations ..

The individual gear that is used in the Beta DID excist in the 40's, but not on the place, time, combinations and numbers they were in WW2
    And therefore it does not look like WW2 at all.

BF1 at least looked like 2 armies were fighting each other, not like some fictional guerrilla war with random soldiers with 40's elements.