Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    planes...Dice.. 57 and 1 for the guy easymoding...I am on an imbalanced team.....tanks,Calvary and mister immune 5miles high in the sky
  • ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    thank you for the information. some of the issues, one deal with good players. Two failure to work as a team. three i bet no one uses voice to actually help each other, every just expects lone wolf tactics to work, There are still problems with the game, like the invisible lips that block bullets, even though you can see your target, so thats kinda major truly annoying. Teams being unbalanced its hard to counter this, being each game some people are done so they are in process of quiting, others maybe have resentment from previous game and just want to text. Its not really ranked so whats on the line? Incursions is still where its at to bad its a separate install, but that mode you can see how well people play together, or implode. DICE incorporate INCURSIONS I LOVE IT
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    planes...Dice.. 57 and 1 for the guy easymoding...I am on an imbalanced team.....tanks,Calvary and mister immune 5miles high in the sky

Sounds like some people forgot there are AA cannons to take care of them.

Tell me, how many flags he captured or bombs he armed?
  • filthmcnasty
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    t1gge wrote: »
    Hi BF community!
    Last week I started asking this same question to my twitter followers (https://twitter.com/tiggr_) - but I might aswell do it everywhere:
    What are your top 5 issues or improvements you'd like to see in BF1 going forward?

This post is mirrored here: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5cv0ui/battlefield_1_top_5_issues_or_improvements/, pick your favorite platform for feedback!

Hard Scout limit in certain modes, like operations and frontlines. I've seen way too many games lost because of scout abuse, snipers, not the scouts that pop flares and use infantry rifles. A hard cap of 1/4th each team would be a good place to start.

Better balance in behemoths. The ability to change the game with a uber vehicle is great, but some are better than others. Uber Char B, meh. Armored train, threat but whatever. Airship = joke. Elite swarm, depends. Dreadnought, practically unkillable menace. Try to balance out the stats on each, or the maps they're on, to make them more balanced. The train on Argonne Forest doesn't have 6 seats like it does on Sinai does it?

Balance the elite classes. Give the tank hunter smoke, Wex a longer range and/or a suppression effect because he gets bayonetted too much, smh sentry is fine, infiltrator is fine, lmg sentry could use more grenades. The best option would be stopping a bayonet/ melee kill FROM THE FRONT. They assault wearing steel armor but get killed from sharp objects through armor............................

Buff the howdah to a shotgun pistol, 2 body hits kill, wide range.

Change matchmaking. This is a royal mess. Too many games are one sided, which maybe because the classes players pick, but you can impliment hard caps to balance. I love operations, so I play that, and I can safely say no more than 20% (10% most likely) make it off the first map.

I would say revamp the revive system, but given the BF5 beta, I'd say you are on the right track.

Remove the Flak perk. Grenades should kill, not wound. I feel like I'm playing Halo. Of I could guess, that's why gas is spammed so much. I switched to gas immediately upon the addition of the Flak perk.

Since Operations is your premiere game mode, limit the use of certain vehicles on either attack/defend side. Orient the availability with the task, such as mortar landships/arty trucks should not be available to attackers, whereas field assault/flame heavy should not be available to defenders.

Show the Kolibri some love and buff it, it's only a joke if it's used.

Increase bayonet charge activation time

I forgot, make the score multiplier in operations sensible. I've been in games where I was on the attacking team and it came down to the wire. Kaiserschlact, Amiens, last round and were are fighting tooth and nail. We ran out of reinforcements but could still spawn (?, really?), and beat them when we should have lost. I thought the score, out of 33 total, would have been 17/16. No. It was around 19/14. What does that do to their multiplier? Skin of the teeth victory but 19/13. How? I wasn't on the losing team that game, but I wondered about that.
    Post edited by filthmcnasty on
  • SpartantZ78
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i know i might be ignored or bashed up for this -

my biggest irk with BF1 is that points you get from "getting a Flag" in conquest is higher than defending. or fighting as unit. I am new to BF1 but played the other BFs. I just was shocked when in all servers people just run from one Flag to other. No one cares much if one close to spawn or home base is gone or not. Its just thats how you rake in max points.

second point would be the ineffective of mounted MGs. Even one on back of Train's or Armored cars take 5-6 hits to take down a soldier. 2-3 hits I understand but those guns are massive, 5-6 or even more hits shouldnt be the case.

Similarly AA isnt given fair power compared to Airplanes. A well targeted, all rounds hit on a plane might not be enough to take down a plane .

These are more like imbalances but they really spoil the fun. Especially that flag-jumping behavior. ..
  • JamieCurnock
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i know i might be ignored or bashed up for this -

my biggest irk with BF1 is that points you get from "getting a Flag" in conquest is higher than defending. or fighting as unit. I am new to BF1 but played the other BFs. I just was shocked when in all servers people just run from one Flag to other. No one cares much if one close to spawn or home base is gone or not. Its just thats how you rake in max points.

second point would be the ineffective of mounted MGs. Even one on back of Train's or Armored cars take 5-6 hits to take down a soldier. 2-3 hits I understand but those guns are massive, 5-6 or even more hits shouldnt be the case.

Similarly AA isnt given fair power compared to Airplanes. A well targeted, all rounds hit on a plane might not be enough to take down a plane .

These are more like imbalances but they really spoil the fun. Especially that flag-jumping behavior. ..

That flag jumping is why I barely played conquest on bf1 and played operations instead. Its really frustrating the way people just Sprint from one flag to the next, it didn't feel like battlefield to me. Operations was amazing tho
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game shouldnt start before there are not the same ammount of players on every side of the Team.
    Today I joined a Match where a Team had 12 less players then the other Team at start.
    All this balancing while playing is totaly useless when there is no balance at the begining.
    Also it shouldnt be possible to shot from the friendly base into the GameArea.
    I saw many players camping with the ArtyTruck from their own base shooting in the Game Area,same for Tanks..
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game shouldnt start before there are not the same ammount of players on every side of the Team.
    Today I joined a Match where a Team had 12 less players then the other Team at start.
    All this balancing while playing is totaly useless when there is no balance at the begining.
    Also it shouldnt be possible to shot from the friendly base into the GameArea.
    I saw many players camping with the ArtyTruck from their own base shooting in the Game Area,same for Tanks..

The problem is that one is not registered as a dropped player until the next game starts....so it balances them drops the people who quitted. This is the #1 cause of unbalanced teams.
  • Slaymosis82
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would really like to see the introduction of a practice range system where you would be able to familiarize yourself with various weapons, etc. Also, it would be great to be able to explore maps sans combat. As a WW1 historian/buff, I would love to explore the environments and have a chance to really appreciate the devs' artistry and attention to detail without having to worry about staying alive lol. The BF1 maps are the closest representation anyone alive today has access to in regard to what it was like and, I believe, could really serve as an important historical tool.
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Sounds like some people forgot there are AA cannons to take care of them.

Tell me, how many flags he captured or bombs he armed?

Fast plane, I appreciate you try to play devil's advocate...I repeatedly went to the Aa, sniped constantly..I used Burton, MG1917.. not enough....then being lanced and mortared. .The game becomes overly frustrating..unfortunately my team mates were having a bad day or were being monstered..hence why I am suggesting where improvements can be made..thanks for your input, I hadn't thought of the AA before
  • PegasusR7
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is so basic, I can't understand why EA/DICE can't figure it out. Challenges such as "The Eternal Order of the Gladiator" you have to play certain maps to fulfill the challenge. But there are many times the maps are not even available to play! This is time specific, not being able to play the maps in a timely fashion would prevent someone from being able to meet the challenge. This is unreasonable!
  • PegasusR7
    Fix the spawn problem: pick "A" flag to spawn, but spawn at the "B" flag! Spawning within the enemy troops. Spawning in barbed wire, in fire, or once in a while completely off the game map and no way to run onto the map before timing out!
  • PegasusR7
    Pick a conquest game, but get placed in a Domination or Operations game. Then when you leave, you get "kicked" or the game completely resets to the opening lobby!
  • PegasusR7
    Finish a game, not leave the lobby. Then when the next game starts, it is already 15 seconds up 90 seconds in progress.
  • PegasusR7
    Playing a game, such as today, and be 3/4 of the way through on the winning team. Then get "balance" tossed onto the losing team.
  • PegasusR7
    Be shooting away at an enemy, and it suddenly switches to your melee weapon.
  • PegasusR7
    A boat on Empires Edge that says, "no seats available" even though it sits there unused for the entire game!
  • PegasusR7
    Unable to mark enemies. Usually occurs when I am also not getting hit markers, but I get killed by 1 bullet.
  • PegasusR7
    Getting more than just lip service. I have many times been killed by the "invisible" enemy. I even recorded three different events where an invisible cavalry, light tank, and infantry moved along invisible. Only to appear later. I sent this to EA help. They told me my IP was dynamic, and it needed to be set to static. I did this, but no difference. It's a long line of "let's try this" yet after 2+ years, it's still broken!
  • FGgames12
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HI, I have a Problem, I have always used my "END" key on my PC for melee hits in many games, but in battlefield 1 when I press it shuts down my game. and I cant find a place in the menu where to change this. I have looked everywhere.