Thoughts on the new revive/downed system

MONEYPYR0
462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Honestly, I love it, and here's the major reasons why.

1. I like the new buddy revive aspect, as it really helps squads who don't have Medics stay in the fight longer. If you play with a group of friends, and none of you are Medics, you used to be at a disadvantage in previous games. Now however, you can still fight as a squad without needing a medic. Plus, as an airsofter, I love the term "Buddy Revive", and the animation is basically what we do at games with Medic rules.

2. It makes Medics feel valuable. Seems contradictory to my first reason, right? Well, seeing as hoe revives now have an animation, it means that you have to be a bit more strategic about when you revive. And the Buddy revive has a longer animation (about 4-5 seconds if I remember), while Medics have a 1-2 second animation. This means that you can't always Buddy Revive, and it also means that Medics are going to have a bigger role in getting friendlies back up, because they can do it faster. I think that's a great system! Even though everyone can do it, Medics are just better at it. Also, only Medics can revive someone to full health, another good addition.

3. The animations. Gone will the days be of Assault class (BF3 and 4) and Medics (BF1) just spamming revives at everyone, without a care in the world. Now you have to make sure the area is clear, or your team is suppressing the enemy, because now you HAVE to put yourself into some danger. You cant just pick everyone up, and let 80% of the people you revive just die, you have to make the decision of "Will I be safe during this?", giving the game just that much more of strategy.

4. What it looks like when you're downed. Honestly, the first time I was downed, I was taken aback seeing myself on the ground, bleeding out, with the option to yell for a Medic. It gave me just that much more immersion, instead of just being a carcass. I understand a lot of people seem to dislike this, but why? Would you rather just watch a killcam? You can speed up the death if you want, but honestly, its just so cool being om the ground screaming for help. I just dont understand the dislike of it. Plus, if I see a downed enemy screaming for a medic, a small part of me gets some sadistic pleasure from it, especially if I took them down.

But anyways, those are my thoughts. Overall, I love the new revive system, and I want to hear what you guys think.

Comments

  • Sixclicks
    4104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 15
    Your info is a little off. Buddy revives don't just bring you back with partial health anymore, they bring you back with full health.

    Syringe time: 2.16s
    Buddy Revive time: 4.37s

    Regarding the animations, you can cancel out of the animation almost instantly if an enemy shows up.

    This is all based on the beta though. We don't know exactly what they may have changed since the beta.

    Regarding number 4, I'm not sure why a lot of people might not like it. I do know that a few don't like it because they actually served in the military and it can bring back bad memories hearing friendly soldiers screaming for help, at least based on one forum post I read.

    I personally like the new revive system. I like that it takes time to revive downed allies because it helps to prevent medic trains and also means I get recklessly revived just to end up dead almost immediately after getting up a lot less often.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Your info is a little off. Buddy revives don't just bring you back with partial health anymore, they bring you back with full health.

    Syringe time: 2.16s
    Buddy Revive time: 4.37s

    Regarding the animations, you can cancel out of the animation almost instantly if an enemy shows up.

    This is all based on the beta though. We don't know exactly what they may have changed since the beta.

    Regarding number 4, I'm not sure why a lot of people might not like it. I do know that a few don't like it because they actually served in the military and it can bring back bad memories hearing friendly soldiers screaming for help, at least based on one forum post I read.

    I personally like the new revive system. I like that it takes time to revive downed allies because it helps to prevent medic trains and also means I get recklessly revived just to end up dead almost immediately after getting up a lot less often.

    I'm not surprised my info is a little bit off. Beta was what, last month? I remember Buddy Revives only partially restoring health. And I remember being able to cancel out of the animation, but I still feel you have to check to make sure its safe, because you get put into an animation.

    That's a perfectly fine reason that some people may not like it, and I can understand if thats the case. But I hope it wouldn't be removed. At the least, there could maybe be an option to turn off soldier dialogue when they're downed.

    And I agree with that. As someone who played a TON of Metro in Battlefield 3 and 4 (as well as the games regularly), Medic/Assault revive spamming was one of the most annoying things in the game. It felt way less prevelant in the Beta, but there were still people picking you up once the area was clear. Or you would have the extremely brave Medics who were cleared out an area by themselves, and would pick you up.
  • Stefanoviic
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only complain I had from the beta (might be fixed already) is that if you are downed you don't know where the medics are. In BF1 you could see how many metres the closest medics were. If they are too far away I could just bleed out. Imo there is no point in waiting for a medic while there is no chance if revival ever.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only complain I had from the beta (might be fixed already) is that if you are downed you don't know where the medics are. In BF1 you could see how many metres the closest medics were. If they are too far away I could just bleed out. Imo there is no point in waiting for a medic while there is no chance if revival ever.

    I seem to remember Medics and Squadmates having an outline around them, so you could see where they are. I don't remember if there was a thing saying how close Medics were. And I agree, no point sitting there when the closest Medic is 300 meters away
  • ragnarok013
    882 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone
  • TropicPoison
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It takes too long therefore there will be less reviving overall, which is a bad thing when medics don't hardly revive on BF1 as it is.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It takes too long therefore there will be less reviving overall, which is a bad thing when medics don't hardly revive on BF1 as it is.

    I got revived more in the BF5 beta than I ever have in BF1. Plus, Medic weapons are pretty good in BFV, which is another incentive to play
  • TropicPoison
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 16
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    It takes too long therefore there will be less reviving overall, which is a bad thing when medics don't hardly revive on BF1 as it is.

    I got revived more in the BF5 beta than I ever have in BF1. Plus, Medic weapons are pretty good in BFV, which is another incentive to play

    Well that was the beta and most people probably didn't know what the square did so they ran up and pressed it, there was also nothing to lose in the beta so why not try to Rambo revive?, I'm sure there will be less reviving when the game launches with people getting themselves killed when trying to help somebody else repeatedly.
    Post edited by TropicPoison on
  • Sixclicks
    4104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got revived most of the time when I was in a relatively safe area. I didn't when I wasn't. Which I'd prefer anyway. I also revived plenty while playing medic. I simply made sure the area was clear before doing so.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    It takes too long therefore there will be less reviving overall, which is a bad thing when medics don't hardly revive on BF1 as it is.

    I got revived more in the BF5 beta than I ever have in BF1. Plus, Medic weapons are pretty good in BFV, which is another incentive to play

    Well that was the beta and most people probably didn't know what the square did so they ran up and pressed it, there was alsi nothing to lose in the beta so why not ry to Rambo revive?, I'm sure there will be less reviving when the game launches with people getting themselves killed trying to help somebody else repeatedly.

    A lot of the Medics were doing what I described, and made sure the area was clear. Just because its a beta doesn't mean people were going to play differently because it wasnt the full game.
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I got revived most of the time when I was in a relatively safe area. I didn't when I wasn't. Which I'd prefer anyway. I also revived plenty while playing medic. I simply made sure the area was clear before doing so.

    The couple times I played Medic, I got a pretty good idea on how to tell if an area was safe. Since the bleed out time is fairly slow, you had plenty of time to check for enemies
  • JudahWarrior
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Honestly, I love it, and here's the major reasons why.

    1. I like the new buddy revive aspect, as it really helps squads who don't have Medics stay in the fight longer. If you play with a group of friends, and none of you are Medics, you used to be at a disadvantage in previous games. Now however, you can still fight as a squad without needing a medic. Plus, as an airsofter, I love the term "Buddy Revive", and the animation is basically what we do at games with Medic rules.

    2. It makes Medics feel valuable. Seems contradictory to my first reason, right? Well, seeing as hoe revives now have an animation, it means that you have to be a bit more strategic about when you revive. And the Buddy revive has a longer animation (about 4-5 seconds if I remember), while Medics have a 1-2 second animation. This means that you can't always Buddy Revive, and it also means that Medics are going to have a bigger role in getting friendlies back up, because they can do it faster. I think that's a great system! Even though everyone can do it, Medics are just better at it. Also, only Medics can revive someone to full health, another good addition.

    3. The animations. Gone will the days be of Assault class (BF3 and 4) and Medics (BF1) just spamming revives at everyone, without a care in the world. Now you have to make sure the area is clear, or your team is suppressing the enemy, because now you HAVE to put yourself into some danger. You cant just pick everyone up, and let 80% of the people you revive just die, you have to make the decision of "Will I be safe during this?", giving the game just that much more of strategy.

    4. What it looks like when you're downed. Honestly, the first time I was downed, I was taken aback seeing myself on the ground, bleeding out, with the option to yell for a Medic. It gave me just that much more immersion, instead of just being a carcass. I understand a lot of people seem to dislike this, but why? Would you rather just watch a killcam? You can speed up the death if you want, but honestly, its just so cool being om the ground screaming for help. I just dont understand the dislike of it. Plus, if I see a downed enemy screaming for a medic, a small part of me gets some sadistic pleasure from it, especially if I took them down.

    But anyways, those are my thoughts. Overall, I love the new revive system, and I want to hear what you guys think.

    I agree i luv the new system!
  • VincentNZ
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was against the new revive system, because it is gimmicky and puts visuals over gameplay. I might also lead to actually less revives overall, even with the buddy revive. I calculated throught the numbers gave after the beta that each player buddy-revived ONCE per hour played. I do not know if that is desirable for a new trademark feature.
    Now I still much prefer the BF4 system with charging paddles, but I have to grant them that the animation feels very satisfactory for both the medic and the revived. I think this might have a psychological effect and might make people more aware of revives. I also liked the new smoke grenade+revive meta.
    .
    However revives are too tied to the smoke grenades right now, and if other grenades become more lethal and preferable, or the supply of smoke grenades gets lowered, or they change the smoke mechanics, then revives will also go down considerably.
    .
    The biggest issue I have though is the bleedout. I see NO reason why you should be allowed to bleed out faster just to spend the time looking at the spawn screen. If you need time to adjust your kit, do it after the bleedout, it shouldn't take that long and if it does the problem lies within the UI. If you get revived and die, tough luck, but you did not lose anything but a few seconds. But the medic is actively performing a teamplay action and DICE implements a way to hinder the player to do so.
    Additionally I also do not like the ability to look around and all that screaming and yelling and overly visual animation in the downed state. If you really think this is necessary DICE should go all the way and scrap the pink goggles and ****.
  • ragnarok013
    882 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    The new system is the exact opposite of the direction we needed to go. The community was very vocal about the lack of revives in BF1, so what did DICE do? They made reviving 8 times more difficult exacerbating the problem to the point where the lack of revives was a constant complaint in the alphas and beta and medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    I never had issues with rambo revives in earlier games. I'd rather someone try to revive me and actually have a chance to fight than run by and never getting revived like I had in the alphas and beta. A simple skip or decline revive choice while using the old revive system would solve the old rambo revive issue and not kill the medic class at the same time like the BF5 system does.
  • Sixclicks
    4104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 16
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    Recon was the 3rd class in terms of usage. Medic was 2nd. Recon was the 2nd most "deployed" class and medic was 3rd, meaning number of times respawned.

    This was stated in one of the Dice debriefs.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I was against the new revive system, because it is gimmicky and puts visuals over gameplay. I might also lead to actually less revives overall, even with the buddy revive. I calculated throught the numbers gave after the beta that each player buddy-revived ONCE per hour played. I do not know if that is desirable for a new trademark feature.
    Now I still much prefer the BF4 system with charging paddles, but I have to grant them that the animation feels very satisfactory for both the medic and the revived. I think this might have a psychological effect and might make people more aware of revives. I also liked the new smoke grenade+revive meta.
    .
    However revives are too tied to the smoke grenades right now, and if other grenades become more lethal and preferable, or the supply of smoke grenades gets lowered, or they change the smoke mechanics, then revives will also go down considerably.
    .
    The biggest issue I have though is the bleedout. I see NO reason why you should be allowed to bleed out faster just to spend the time looking at the spawn screen. If you need time to adjust your kit, do it after the bleedout, it shouldn't take that long and if it does the problem lies within the UI. If you get revived and die, tough luck, but you did not lose anything but a few seconds. But the medic is actively performing a teamplay action and DICE implements a way to hinder the player to do so.
    Additionally I also do not like the ability to look around and all that screaming and yelling and overly visual animation in the downed state. If you really think this is necessary DICE should go all the way and scrap the pink goggles and ****.

    Well, using smoke grenades to cover revives is something people should've been doing anyways. Throwing smoke at the enemy, ans taking visual away from them gives you a better chance of reviving a player anyways, no matter which game you're playing. I do agree that when people charged the paddles in BF4, it was better than them just insta reviving you to 20 health. But again, thats something I like about the new system. You get completely healed up, but the risk for the Medic is that they have to do the animation. I think that's fair. Also, I dont think the downed screaming is an "overly visual animation". I feel it fits with the WWII setting, and adds some extra realism to the game. I mean, its no Saving Private Ryan where my arm is blown off, and I'm looking for it, but its a nice addition in my eyes.
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    The new system is the exact opposite of the direction we needed to go. The community was very vocal about the lack of revives in BF1, so what did DICE do? They made reviving 8 times more difficult exacerbating the problem to the point where the lack of revives was a constant complaint in the alphas and beta and medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    I never had issues with rambo revives in earlier games. I'd rather someone try to revive me and actually have a chance to fight than run by and never getting revived like I had in the alphas and beta. A simple skip or decline revive choice while using the old revive system would solve the old rambo revive issue and not kill the medic class at the same time like the BF5 system does.

    If you were cool with Rambo revives, that's totally cool man, that's just something I've never liked. I've always preferred when people made sure that the area was safe before picking me up, but 80% of the time they dont, because they got so many points out of revives. And as I said before, in my experience in the beta, I was revived more times than I have been playing BF1, so I dont see that changing in the full game, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
  • ragnarok013
    882 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    Recon was the 3rd class in terms of usage. Medic was 2nd. Recon was the 2nd most "deployed" class and medic was 3rd, meaning number of times respawned.

    This was stated in one of the Dice debriefs.

    DICE also posted the info graphic showing recon as second, I guess they need to get on the same page.
  • ragnarok013
    882 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I was against the new revive system, because it is gimmicky and puts visuals over gameplay. I might also lead to actually less revives overall, even with the buddy revive. I calculated throught the numbers gave after the beta that each player buddy-revived ONCE per hour played. I do not know if that is desirable for a new trademark feature.
    Now I still much prefer the BF4 system with charging paddles, but I have to grant them that the animation feels very satisfactory for both the medic and the revived. I think this might have a psychological effect and might make people more aware of revives. I also liked the new smoke grenade+revive meta.
    .
    However revives are too tied to the smoke grenades right now, and if other grenades become more lethal and preferable, or the supply of smoke grenades gets lowered, or they change the smoke mechanics, then revives will also go down considerably.
    .
    The biggest issue I have though is the bleedout. I see NO reason why you should be allowed to bleed out faster just to spend the time looking at the spawn screen. If you need time to adjust your kit, do it after the bleedout, it shouldn't take that long and if it does the problem lies within the UI. If you get revived and die, tough luck, but you did not lose anything but a few seconds. But the medic is actively performing a teamplay action and DICE implements a way to hinder the player to do so.
    Additionally I also do not like the ability to look around and all that screaming and yelling and overly visual animation in the downed state. If you really think this is necessary DICE should go all the way and scrap the pink goggles and ****.

    Well, using smoke grenades to cover revives is something people should've been doing anyways. Throwing smoke at the enemy, ans taking visual away from them gives you a better chance of reviving a player anyways, no matter which game you're playing. I do agree that when people charged the paddles in BF4, it was better than them just insta reviving you to 20 health. But again, thats something I like about the new system. You get completely healed up, but the risk for the Medic is that they have to do the animation. I think that's fair. Also, I dont think the downed screaming is an "overly visual animation". I feel it fits with the WWII setting, and adds some extra realism to the game. I mean, its no Saving Private Ryan where my arm is blown off, and I'm looking for it, but its a nice addition in my eyes.
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    The new system is the exact opposite of the direction we needed to go. The community was very vocal about the lack of revives in BF1, so what did DICE do? They made reviving 8 times more difficult exacerbating the problem to the point where the lack of revives was a constant complaint in the alphas and beta and medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    I never had issues with rambo revives in earlier games. I'd rather someone try to revive me and actually have a chance to fight than run by and never getting revived like I had in the alphas and beta. A simple skip or decline revive choice while using the old revive system would solve the old rambo revive issue and not kill the medic class at the same time like the BF5 system does.

    If you were cool with Rambo revives, that's totally cool man, that's just something I've never liked. I've always preferred when people made sure that the area was safe before picking me up, but 80% of the time they dont, because they got so many points out of revives. And as I said before, in my experience in the beta, I was revived more times than I have been playing BF1, so I dont see that changing in the full game, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

    As a medic, it doens't matter if it's Battlefield, SWTOR in a raid, or playing Overwatch I always make sure that I don't revive someone into insta death (although sometimes someone appears right after you hit revive and kills both of you regardless). That's just being a good medic, but I'd rather have bad medics rambo reviving me than no medics at all or medics who are too afraid to revive me or just don't think it's worth the effort of the new system like I experienced in the BF5 alphas and beta.
  • MONEYPYR0
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I was against the new revive system, because it is gimmicky and puts visuals over gameplay. I might also lead to actually less revives overall, even with the buddy revive. I calculated throught the numbers gave after the beta that each player buddy-revived ONCE per hour played. I do not know if that is desirable for a new trademark feature.
    Now I still much prefer the BF4 system with charging paddles, but I have to grant them that the animation feels very satisfactory for both the medic and the revived. I think this might have a psychological effect and might make people more aware of revives. I also liked the new smoke grenade+revive meta.
    .
    However revives are too tied to the smoke grenades right now, and if other grenades become more lethal and preferable, or the supply of smoke grenades gets lowered, or they change the smoke mechanics, then revives will also go down considerably.
    .
    The biggest issue I have though is the bleedout. I see NO reason why you should be allowed to bleed out faster just to spend the time looking at the spawn screen. If you need time to adjust your kit, do it after the bleedout, it shouldn't take that long and if it does the problem lies within the UI. If you get revived and die, tough luck, but you did not lose anything but a few seconds. But the medic is actively performing a teamplay action and DICE implements a way to hinder the player to do so.
    Additionally I also do not like the ability to look around and all that screaming and yelling and overly visual animation in the downed state. If you really think this is necessary DICE should go all the way and scrap the pink goggles and ****.

    Well, using smoke grenades to cover revives is something people should've been doing anyways. Throwing smoke at the enemy, ans taking visual away from them gives you a better chance of reviving a player anyways, no matter which game you're playing. I do agree that when people charged the paddles in BF4, it was better than them just insta reviving you to 20 health. But again, thats something I like about the new system. You get completely healed up, but the risk for the Medic is that they have to do the animation. I think that's fair. Also, I dont think the downed screaming is an "overly visual animation". I feel it fits with the WWII setting, and adds some extra realism to the game. I mean, its no Saving Private Ryan where my arm is blown off, and I'm looking for it, but its a nice addition in my eyes.
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    The new system is the exact opposite of the direction we needed to go. The community was very vocal about the lack of revives in BF1, so what did DICE do? They made reviving 8 times more difficult exacerbating the problem to the point where the lack of revives was a constant complaint in the alphas and beta and medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    I never had issues with rambo revives in earlier games. I'd rather someone try to revive me and actually have a chance to fight than run by and never getting revived like I had in the alphas and beta. A simple skip or decline revive choice while using the old revive system would solve the old rambo revive issue and not kill the medic class at the same time like the BF5 system does.

    If you were cool with Rambo revives, that's totally cool man, that's just something I've never liked. I've always preferred when people made sure that the area was safe before picking me up, but 80% of the time they dont, because they got so many points out of revives. And as I said before, in my experience in the beta, I was revived more times than I have been playing BF1, so I dont see that changing in the full game, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

    As a medic, it doens't matter if it's Battlefield, SWTOR in a raid, or playing Overwatch I always make sure that I don't revive someone into insta death (although sometimes someone appears right after you hit revive and kills both of you regardless). That's just being a good medic, but I'd rather have bad medics rambo reviving me than no medics at all or medics who are too afraid to revive me or just don't think it's worth the effort of the new system like I experienced in the BF5 alphas and beta.

    Thats a totally fair point man. It really is just a matter of what you think makes a Medic good. For me, its making sure I dont get revived just to he shot dead again. For you, its just getting people up and back into the fight. Both are totally fair points to me. One other thing that I think makes the new Medic class better, is that reviving is just an ability they have now that doesn't require a gadget slot. Now every Medic has the ability to revive, and use whatever gadgets they want, so I feel thats also something good thats new.
  • Sixclicks
    4104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 16
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As a long time medic main I dislike the entire revive system in BF5 and frankly want them to return to the old revive system. The current BF5 system doesn't make medic more valuable, it makes playing medic an unbearable chore where it's often better to let people die then to try to revive them than get yourself killed attempting a revive while everyone complains in chat that "nobody revives". I think the squad buddy revive system is okay but I'd rather have it removed so medic role isn't further encroached upon.

    I disagree quite a bit. To me, the old system was basically just "Revive everyone, let them all die immediately after, and get thousands of points". You've gotta actually determine if reviving someone is worth it, not just a way to make easy points. Going back to BF4, I never revived someone, unless I could pick them back up at full health. I wasnt going to be an Assault who just picked everyone up as soon as I saw them. I think the new system, again, really just adds another layer of strategy where you have to determine whether or not its safe to revive someone

    medic was the third class in terms of usage despite the increased need for health and revives.

    Recon was the 3rd class in terms of usage. Medic was 2nd. Recon was the 2nd most "deployed" class and medic was 3rd, meaning number of times respawned.

    This was stated in one of the Dice debriefs.

    DICE also posted the info graphic showing recon as second, I guess they need to get on the same page.

    The graphic specifically said "Most Popular Class Deployed." So I'm assuming it meant most spawned/respawned since David Sirland said in an answer on one of the debriefs that Recon was 3rd in usage.

    infographic3-simpl.jpg

    reddit-snipers.png
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9lngks/battlefield_v_weekly_debrief_october_5th/

    Unless the info from one or the other is simply wrong. All I can really do is assume based on the word "deployed."

    It could be similar to people misunderstanding the heatmap that a dev posted previously which showed a bunch of dots around the outside of the map. Many took that to be a map of recons or a representation that recon was 46% of the population on that map even though it was really just showing where players went outside of the map the most and that 46% of players who did go outside of the map happened to be playing recon.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!