A detail with granades - suggestion to implement throwing granade animation.

iloveBooSTInnG
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited October 2018
Since BF3, i don't see any animation when you use granades.

I mean when you remove the trigger to the grenade before throwing it.

It may be a detail that not many care, but I think the game needs details like that. The saga of Battlefield has been simplified more and more in details like these. It is a matter of seeing that the soldier throws his grenade as if it were already active.
Post edited by iloveBooSTInnG on

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it makes it take longer to throw it with that sort of animation then no, but if it's the same speed as it is now I would support it.
  • iloveBooSTInnG
    If it makes it take longer to throw it with that sort of animation then no, but if it's the same speed as it is now I would support it.

It would only be a detail, so that it is not so false to throw a grenade ... also in games like Call of Duty ww2 there are these types of animations.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe when you press G player trigger grenade and than you hold it until throwing it.
    I never felt that it take long in bf3 but not in any other bf game.
    I was little thrown of by throwing grenade with right hand from left side from waist first to time but it become normal after few games in beta.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not just a detail and animation in BF1 should be longer.
    The nade spam in this game is awful.
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OP's thoughts have sparked me into life about grenades in BFV.

For me, an iconic image from the WW2 films from the 1960s, 70s, and 80s that I watched as a kid was of a man pulling the pin out of a nade - sometimes with his teeth - then pointing with one arm and throwing the grenade overarm with the other hand. The Germans always through their grenades with a more informal 'chuck', and then they were picked up and thrown straight back at them, of course.

But that image of a GI throwing a nade overarm I think is one that a lot of players will have in mind.
  • iloveBooSTInnG
    The grenades in World War II were as diverse as a mechanism to activate them.

And it would be very nice to see how to activate a German m24 grenade or a Russian grenade for example.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

isn't this one of the many causes/contributors to grenade spam?
    yeah I know that that's almost always been a problem in battlefield; but it seems like grenades being as easy and thoughtless to throw certainly contributes to some of the problem people have with them...
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »

well said; In particular I'd like to see some longer/more finicky animations for stuff like "incendiary"-grenades or Molotov's... and more "awkward" trajectories of thrown grenades.
  • TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BetaFief wrote: »

isn't this one of the many causes/contributors to grenade spam?
    yeah I know that that's almost always been a problem in battlefield; but it seems like grenades being as easy and thoughtless to throw certainly contributes to some of the problem people have with them...

well said; In particular I'd like to see some longer/more finicky animations for stuff like "incendiary"-grenades or Molotov's... and more "awkward" trajectories of thrown grenades.

Well players are always going to whine about what kills them aka the flavor of the month gun, grenades, planes, tanks and so forth. I feel like it's a freaking battlefield tradition.

And what would be considered grenade spam? If there's 5 players throwing grenades all at once even with a longer pin pull and throw animation would it not still be considered grenade spam? When they can just go resupply them relatively quick also.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's way better then Battlefield 1 and the grenade spam isn't a issue no more. I'm most excited about that.
  • Stefanoviic
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It's not the animation time that is the issue in BF1, it's the overal design/supply that makes it way to spammy.
    That's why BF5 is such a breath of fresh air, played the beta a lot and can count the nade kills on one hand :-) It's way more about gunplay/skills, which I do like a lot!
  • GrizzGolf
    934 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The nade spam in bf1 sucked
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't think an animation is necessary. Especially if it slowed down the throw at all. Grenades are already a lot weaker than they were in BF1. And spam has been greatly reduced as a result of less ability to resupply grenades.

I would have never survived this if it was a BF1 grenade. Grenades give you a lot more time to escape their radius in BFV. Plus the throwing animation is already slower compared to BF1 too. He probably would have killed me if he chose to shoot me instead.

• nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Grenades are already a lot weaker than they were in BF1.
    Oh man what an awful video. Now thanks to L*velcaps eternal whining campers like him can build tents in the trees....
    The amount of grenades is already reduced to one simple hand grenade. Dice went too far again, grenades are sometimes the only tool against campers. Its like "oh wow we give all players 3 grenades that kill you within a radius of 15 meters or now after we listened to princess L*velcap we give you 1 stick grenade that wont kill you even if it explodes in your mouth".
  • TyroneLoyd
    1285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh man what an awful video. Now thanks to L*velcaps eternal whining campers like him can build tents in the trees....
    The amount of grenades is already reduced to one simple hand grenade. Dice went too far again, grenades are sometimes the only tool against campers. Its like "oh wow we give all players 3 grenades that kill you within a radius of 15 meters or now after we listened to princess L*velcap we give you 1 stick grenade that wont kill you even if it explodes in your mouth".

Wait you lost me. So you want more nades?
    Because campers are a non issue for me.
  • nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

No.
    Great. I still dont see why I cant throw a grenade on 7 guys clustering up on the ladders at the E point on the Rotterdam map without getting a kill. And oh, people can now revive each other.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No.
    Great. I still dont see why I cant throw a grenade on 7 guys clustering up on the ladders at the E point on the Rotterdam map without getting a kill. And oh, people can now revive each other.

People couldnt revive each other before?

Buddy revives are just for squad mates, and the animation is a bit over 4 seconds. If you down a bunch of players, and dont follow up to take out survivors, that's on you
  • nanananamimimimi
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Only the medics with a syringe tool.
    Buddy revives are just for squad mates, and the animation is a bit over 4 seconds. If you down a bunch of players, and dont follow up to take out survivors, that's on you
    ??? And this is why Im not allowed to get a kill for throwing a grenade at 7 people camping on a spot 2x2 meters? Great explanation.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only the medics with a syringe tool.
    ??? And this is why Im not allowed to get a kill for throwing a grenade at 7 people camping on a spot 2x2 meters? Great explanation.

You make it sound like its a new thing. Buddy Revives only work between squad mates, and has a lengthy animation where you can get a kill.

And no, I'm saying that if you're not going to move up and finish off any enemies left over, thats your own fault. Unless you're playing Metro in Battlefield 4, I doubt you're gonna find 7 people so close together. So be prepared to take out any enemies that were put of the blast radius
  • bran1986
    5598 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The spam is caused by the amount of explosives each class can carry and resupply, not the throwing animation.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

I wouldn't mind the frag/stick being lethal when that close to it. The biggest problem with explosive spam in BF1 was the very short fuse time of frags/sticks, the shear amount of explosives one could carry, and the fact that they resupplied rapidly. Now that you can only carry one frag, the fuse time is actually escapable, and you need to resupply them at supply stations, there's no reason it shouldn't be lethal when it goes off as close as it did to me in that clip.

PS. I wasn't really camping there. I just went up to check out the road just after I spawned there. I rarely stay in one place for long.

Also, the rockets you can carry as assault seem to be pretty good for flushing campers out of buildings by causing much of the building to collapse and destroying their cover.