Battlefield 4 Remastered?

I think it would be dope if they could remaster Battlefield 4, or make the next battlefield Modern-Era. I adore this game and I still play it, and I think something that would reflect our modern day military would be awesome!

Comments

• xx_Dante2k_xx
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why don't you just carry on playing it ? Lobbies still available on ps4 and x1.
  • SirSpectacle
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously what would you change in a BF4 remaster? The game still plays perfectly fine and looks better than a lot of games released this year.
  • mcRen98
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Instead of remastering Battlefield 4, why not just make a modern Battlefield game from the ground up without the terrible lockon spam that the game from 5 years ago had?
  • DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A remaster isn't needed at all.

I don't know what it would take but it would be cool if Dice could release the 4K assets for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. The game is still seeing a good amount of players, it would be cool if those still playing could play it in it's best looking state.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    mcRen98 wrote: »
    Instead of remastering Battlefield 4, why not just make a modern Battlefield game from the ground up without the terrible lockon spam that the game from 5 years ago had?

Any modern battlefield should include lock on weaponry. BF4s mistake was having too many types of lockons which made them really difficult to balance properly.
  • cso7777
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Any modern battlefield should include lock on weaponry. BF4s mistake was having too many types of lockons which made them really difficult to balance properly.
    BF4 is so unbalanced, lock-ons, vehicles ("silent", thermals, too fast, too many), one-kill gadgets and a better spotting/minimap system (which is probably the worst in any BF-title).

The next modern shooter should be a new game, with better balance overall. Hopefully BF5 gets the balance right and we can get a modern BF, but balanced right (even with lock-ons, which is part of modern weaponry).
  • mcRen98
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

And that's why I mentioned the lockon 'spam', I never said that a modern Battlefield shouldn't have them sure, there isn't anything wrong with including AA or guided ATGM weapons but bf4 had way too many of them that it made playing in an attack helicopter with a friend a chore due to how many times we had to continuously go back away from the objective to cover , which is especially annoying on maps like Golmud Railway. Doesn't help that Dice added so many in with so many variations that can sometimes hit an air vehicle before the lockon signal can even form, having to pop flares or ECM jammers shouldn't have to happen every minute a missile locks on.
  • Turban_Legend80

And that's why I mentioned the lockon 'spam', I never said that a modern Battlefield shouldn't have them sure, there isn't anything wrong with including AA or guided ATGM weapons but bf4 had way too many of them that it made playing in an attack helicopter with a friend a chore due to how many times we had to continuously go back away from the objective to cover , which is especially annoying on maps like Golmud Railway. Doesn't help that Dice added so many in with so many variations that can sometimes hit an air vehicle before the lockon signal can even form, having to pop flares or ECM jammers shouldn't have to happen every minute a missile locks on.

On maps like Golmud railway that’s the only way you can play the AH other than hovering up high with your gunner doing all the work (but that’s so boring I prefer the hit and hide approach). And I like that. You can’t expect to get Shanghai numbers on Golmud.
    Some maps are better than others for the AH, and some maps are better than others for lock ons.

A spam of lock ons from the same type of weaponry wouldn’t be too bad to deal with (still ear bleeding annoying though), but when you know there’s a chance that Igla or passive radar missiles will go straight through your countermeasures no matter what you do, getting disabled and then taken out with a stinger is frustrating.
    cso7777 wrote: »
    BF4 is so unbalanced, lock-ons, vehicles ("silent", thermals, too fast, too many), one-kill gadgets and a better spotting/minimap system (which is probably the worst in any BF-title).

The next modern shooter should be a new game, with better balance overall. Hopefully BF5 gets the balance right and we can get a modern BF, but balanced right (even with lock-ons, which is part of modern weaponry).

I think the guns and vehicles are well balanced in BF4, but there are far too many novelty gadgets they tried to make work.

I wouldn’t mind a whole fresh start for the next modern battlefield, but that won’t happen. They will recycle things from previous games.
    But when the previous games are not modern then the only things to recycle are the things that most people complain about (the customisation/menus etc) which really doesn’t get my hopes up.
  • TropicPoison
    1273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I see some salty pilots hating all the infantry that hate getting farmed by pilots with them spamming their lock ons to shut that crap down.

If there was anything severely unbalanced in BF4 it was thermal and helis filled with repair monkeys.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I would prefer PLD/Soflam tracking guidance requiring launchers which functions as dumbfire launchers without targeting system. Fire and forget launchers are too easy to use and spammable, fire and track lock-ons 50/50.
  • Turban_Legend80
    I see some salty pilots hating all the infantry that hate getting farmed by pilots with them spamming their lock ons to shut that crap down.

If that was truly the case then I wouldn’t still be playing BF4. But I am. And Golmud is one of my favourite maps.

If there was anything severely unbalanced in BF4 it was thermal and helis filled with repair monkeys.

I see a salty infantry that hates getting farmed by tanks with thermals. If this was truly the case you wouldnt still be playing BF4. Oh, you’re not.
  • suffice_ls
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd prefer a BF3 remaster as it was longer ago.

And I hope the next Battlefield is a futuristic game.
  • mcRen98

On maps like Golmud railway that’s the only way you can play the AH other than hovering up high with your gunner doing all the work (but that’s so boring I prefer the hit and hide approach). And I like that. You can’t expect to get Shanghai numbers on Golmud.
    Some maps are better than others for the AH, and some maps are better than others for lock ons.

A spam of lock ons from the same type of weaponry wouldn’t be too bad to deal with (still ear bleeding annoying though), but when you know there’s a chance that Igla or passive radar missiles will go straight through your countermeasures no matter what you do, getting disabled and then taken out with a stinger is frustrating.
    cso7777 wrote: »

I think the guns and vehicles are well balanced in BF4, but there are far too many novelty gadgets they tried to make work.

I wouldn’t mind a whole fresh start for the next modern battlefield, but that won’t happen. They will recycle things from previous games.
    But when the previous games are not modern then the only things to recycle are the things that most people complain about (the customisation/menus etc) which really doesn’t get my hopes up.

And that's the one thing that frustrates me about bf4 aside from vertical gameplay and design of certain maps, because I find vehicle gameplay deeply enjoyable but experiences like gadgets that fire automatic AA missiles without having to manually aim or smart missiles that countermeasures don't work against and Mobile AAjust makes bf4 which I enjoy otherwise unbalanced to play from time to time. Although lockon spam isn't really bad for tanks, presumably because dumb fire weapons like RPGs and SMAWs exist.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Much rather have BF3 remastered, because consoles never got the full 64 player experience for it.
  • TropicPoison
    1273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 16

If that was truly the case then I wouldn’t still be playing BF4. But I am. And Golmud is one of my favourite maps.

I see a salty infantry that hates getting farmed by tanks with thermals. If this was truly the case you wouldnt still be playing BF4. Oh, you’re not.

I never said I was genius, and I was referring to the thermal on guns so don't go assuming.

I wasn't even replying to you to begin with either, but do go on with your expert opinions.
  • TropicPoison
    Much rather have BF3 remastered, because consoles never got the full 64 player experience for it.

I can agree with that, I liked the controlled AA as well killing heli thieves from the other team.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 16
    Moved to off topic as this is not BFV related.
  • HonestSoul333
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 16
    Why.... why do people think a 5 year old game needs a remaster....
  • MacaqueX
    626 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I loved BF3, but they will prob go with Vietnam next it will bring helis back, and than Gulf War or maybe they can make Gulf next, weapons and vehicles where great in that time and will probably be more fun :)
  • HonestSoul333
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 4
    [post removed due to impersonating a moderator]

What?
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on