Worst Team Switch Ever?

Claypole1
375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I just joined a game of Conquest on Amiens, about half way through and my team were not doing well at all. We soon had lost all objectives, really poor stuff from my team.

So, what does the matchmaking system do? Yep, you guessed it, it switched me to the winning side. We then went on to crush the other team, as you would expect.

How does the software manage that?

Comments

• The_BERG_366
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    I just joined a game of Conquest on Amiens, about half way through and my team were not doing well at all. We soon had lost all objectives, really poor stuff from my team.

So, what does the matchmaking system do? Yep, you guessed it, it switched me to the winning side. We then went on to crush the other team, as you would expect.

without knowing further information about what happened to the other players it's hard to say. I would assume though that the balancer assumed that you were less "effective" than some player on the winning team. therefore it exchanged you two, hence balancing out the teams.
  • Claypole1
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did consider the fact that I might be less effective, but after I was switched, it left the losing team short of players...
  • MurfCr
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In game...on winning side, squad of random players. We are all top 10 on SB.....100 tickets to win switched to other side...…..could not switch back due to it being so close to end of game. meh....still had my 30 revives and 3 ribbons for healing for 300 in a round.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My favourites: we had all flags on fao nearly all game,i died at 970-90 and got switched,30secs later match was over and lost.

30 vs 25,still pretty balanced in terms of flags/points. got switched to the larger team,we cap all flags.

And even before the great balancer was introduced i always loved to get switched to defenders when reaching sinai in the 3map operation as attacker.
  • filthmcnasty
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »

The exact opposite happen to me in Grand Operations during the last battalion with less than 20 respawns left. I immediately switched back to my old squad on the other team. It's nuts!
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is probably the worst team switch ever recorded....
  • Chunky71
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    This is probably the worst team switch ever recorded....

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Taking all the objectives, other team have only 7 tickets left. I get killed. Next thing I know, I'm spawned in a new area and my team only has 3 tickets left. I looked at the top of the screen and yep, I'm now on the losing side. 5 seconds late "Defeat"
    Gutted.
  • danniboi85
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have often been switched to the losing side even though I'm an average/below average player at best. I can thrive when I have a good squad to work with, but when I get randomly switched to the losing side 3 or 4 times in a row, followed by being spawn **** as a result, rage quitting ensues. Also, I played three games in a row last night where in every single game, the winning team had 300-400 points to the losing side's 80-100...in less than 10 minutes. At what point do all these 150 level **** on the same platoon get bored of **** the other side? Is this just an Asian server thing? They're completely ruining the servers. I tried finding a custom server and all of them have really bad lag or 0 players...
  • WetFishDB
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danniboi85 wrote: »
    I have often been switched to the losing side even though I'm an average/below average player at best. I can thrive when I have a good squad to work with, but when I get randomly switched to the losing side 3 or 4 times in a row, followed by being spawn **** as a result, rage quitting ensues. Also, I played three games in a row last night where in every single game, the winning team had 300-400 points to the losing side's 80-100...in less than 10 minutes. At what point do all these 150 level **** on the same platoon get bored of **** the other side? Is this just an Asian server thing? They're completely ruining the servers. I tried finding a custom server and all of them have really bad lag or 0 players...

Being level 150 doesn't mean anything, nor does being in a platoon. There are plenty of both who are still pretty mediocre.

I get what you are saying about the balance at the moment though, it does feel like there is a very wide skill gap which does seem to cause more spawn traps on Conquest. Last night I saw my first one on Albion which was rather surprising given the server was full of players.

Personally, I prefer winning and playing aggressively. I found a bunch of mates to play with who are of similar mindset, which means we rarely get swapped, and often have a reasonable squad working together. I (and we) don't enjoy spawn trapping. It is boring. But really, if the other team can't muster enough common sense to defend a single flag, don't even try to flank or jump out of a plane etc to perhaps back-cap to give their team spawn options etc, then really that's all that's going to happen. It's no more the good players fault that the server is trash any more than it is the players who get lost on the way to the first objective.

If your experience is that bad playing alone, then I strongly recommend you too try and find some mates to play with (preferably ones who like working together). There is a platoon section on this forum, or enable VOIP and start talking to your squad and make friend that way etc.
  • Skill4Reel
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I remember joining on my platoon leader in a conquest match last week. We were the top two positions on the winning team that dominated. Also top squad. Then when the next match starts, the game instantly team switches me to the other team for balance. So what exactly is the point of the platoon feature in this game again?
  • WetFishDB
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember joining on my platoon leader in a conquest match last week. We were the top two positions on the winning team that dominated. Also top squad. Then when the next match starts, the game instantly team switches me to the other team for balance. So what exactly is the point of the platoon feature in this game again?

Were you in a party too? If so, that sounds like there might still be some bugs. Being in a platoon was never described as part of the algorithm for determining who to switch, but being in a party was.
  • Prep768
    3429 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Strong contender for the 'clip or never happened' category

20 secs long - please do NOT like, subscribe or indeed hit that bell icon
  • WetFishDB
    Prep768 wrote: »

That’s a really frustrating swap given how close the game was to the end. Daft that it swaps people when there’s so few tickets left - I’m guessing the enemy team had a bunch of quitters as the outcome became inevitable.
  • Forkbeard84
    1569 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

That's a totally useless and infuriating team switch. Also a good example of some really poor programming.
  • Prep768
    3429 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems odd that you can't switch after (is it 750 tickets?) but the game will try and balance at a lot more.

DICE logic I suppose

Will say I've never been switched whilst in a party and squad of 5
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems odd that you can't switch after (is it 750 tickets?) but the game will try and balance at a lot more.

DICE logic I suppose

Will say I've never been switched whilst in a party and squad of 5

When that auto balancer first came out in bf1 I was team switched when I was still alive and surrounded by teammates. Something frightening watching blue icons suddenly become red
  • Skill4Reel
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Were you in a party too? If so, that sounds like there might still be some bugs. Being in a platoon was never described as part of the algorithm for determining who to switch, but being in a party was.

Nope. No party. I saw him in a match and joined the squad that he was the leader of. We were the only two people from our platoon in there.

• WetFishDB
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Nope. No party. I saw him in a match and joined the squad that he was the leader of. We were the only two people from our platoon in there.

Ah okay, so whilst frustrating it wasn't really doing anything that it wasn't meant to in your case. Although would agree that it's poorly implemented logic for a variety of reasons.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I unsubbed so that I could subscribe again.