A detail with granades - suggestion to implement throwing granade animation.

2»

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    2894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anything that isn't Battlefield 1 grenades I'm game.
  • nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The biggest problem with explosive spam in BF1 was the very short fuse time of frags/sticks, the shear amount of explosives one could carry, and the fact that they resupplied rapidly. Now that you can only carry one frag, the fuse time is actually escapable, and you need to resupply them at supply stations, there's no reason it shouldn't be lethal when it goes off as close as it did to me in that clip.

This.
    The assault class in BF1 had at launch up to 4 grenades + 4 rocket n/o/o/b tubes, the support had up to 2 grenades + limpet charge + 5 shots mortar + 2 shots mortar smoke, the medic had up to 2 grenades + 3 rifle grenades.
    Grenades themselves could be thrown without any time or skill, just quickly press a button on your mouse when you magazine is empty and bam, a grenade flows mystically out of your pocket even shortly after you die. There was like no time to evade some of the grenades like for example the incendiary grenades. In reality to throw a grenade you need to put your gun away, take the grenade in your hand, pull the trigger before you throw it and then it takes time to throw it. That combined, it did result in a cluster spam of explosives as what the people called "grenade spam" in BF1.
    What Dice is now trying to do is fight the "grenade spam" image by moving from one extreme to the other extreme at the expense of the gameplay fun and sanity just for some y*utubers so they can make a review of the new BF5 image.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BetaFief wrote: »
    If it makes it take longer to throw it with that sort of animation then no, but if it's the same speed as it is now I would support it.

isn't this one of the many causes/contributors to grenade spam?
    yeah I know that that's almost always been a problem in battlefield; but it seems like grenades being as easy and thoughtless to throw certainly contributes to some of the problem people have with them...
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    It's not just a detail and animation in BF1 should be longer.
    The nade spam in this game is awful.

well said; In particular I'd like to see some longer/more finicky animations for stuff like "incendiary"-grenades or Molotov's... and more "awkward" trajectories of thrown grenades.

Well players are always going to whine about what kills them aka the flavor of the month gun, grenades, planes, tanks and so forth. I feel like it's a freaking battlefield tradition.

And what would be considered grenade spam? If there's 5 players throwing grenades all at once even with a longer pin pull and throw animation would it not still be considered grenade spam? When they can just go resupply them relatively quick also.

Grenades that take longer to equip, pull the pin/pull-the-string, and throw are grenades that leave players unable to immediately/near-instantaneous start shooting back.
  • TropicPoison
    2185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it makes it take longer to throw it with that sort of animation then no, but if it's the same speed as it is now I would support it.

isn't this one of the many causes/contributors to grenade spam?
    yeah I know that that's almost always been a problem in battlefield; but it seems like grenades being as easy and thoughtless to throw certainly contributes to some of the problem people have with them...
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    It's not just a detail and animation in BF1 should be longer.
    The nade spam in this game is awful.

well said; In particular I'd like to see some longer/more finicky animations for stuff like "incendiary"-grenades or Molotov's... and more "awkward" trajectories of thrown grenades.

Well players are always going to whine about what kills them aka the flavor of the month gun, grenades, planes, tanks and so forth. I feel like it's a freaking battlefield tradition.

And what would be considered grenade spam? If there's 5 players throwing grenades all at once even with a longer pin pull and throw animation would it not still be considered grenade spam? When they can just go resupply them relatively quick also.

Grenades that take longer to equip, pull the pin/pull-the-string, and throw are grenades that leave players unable to immediately/near-instantaneous start shooting back.

Well the last part you mentioned will always be there with cooking grenades, or impact grenades.