My servers are getting flooded with bots 24/7

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    wannabeuk wrote: »
    ......There is nothing anyone can do other than EA, but it seems like they are unwilling for some reason.

EA doesn't want you playing BF4 anymore. Plus, they stopped supporting the game so their customer support folks would be violating company policy by helping resolve this issue.

That's some straight up BS propaganda right there....and for his next trick, he's gonna pull a rabbit out of his hat.
  • RaZ_HU
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @StarscreamUK Can we get any update on this? We tried to go nostalgic and play some BF4, but playing on empty servers where it says 46/64 is kinda poo.
    The game also shows packet loss and high ping icons while we have no any kind of those, even sometimes the low fps icon appears with 100+ fps at the time.
  • Amphybiouse
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I bet EA is directly responsible for these attacks.
    Then, when they release BF5 with no dedicated server option they will justify it by saying that they want to spare us from having to deal with protecting the servers by ourselves

What a bunch of crab! EA responsible?
    Omg....

EA is the only ones who directly benefit from BF4 servers becoming harder and harder to access and maintain.
    Remember when they added the "new UI" to bf4?
    Notice how it offers a server browser that is inferior and more restricted than what battlelog already offered.
    Notice that the only "added feature" of that new UI is the ability to jump to BF1 from that same BF4 server browser.
    Now put 2+2 together: they make a UI for BF4 that features a direct link to the new game their selling, then when they make it harder and harder to access a bf4 server, the "new BF" option that the UI shoves down player's throat remains the only available option (or so they hope to make you feel).

very manipulative. pretty smart too
  • -Antares65z
    1611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    ......There is nothing anyone can do other than EA, but it seems like they are unwilling for some reason.

EA doesn't want you playing BF4 anymore. Plus, they stopped supporting the game so their customer support folks would be violating company policy by helping resolve this issue.

That's some straight up BS propaganda right there....and for his next trick, he's gonna pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Why do you think its propoganda? Do you think EA is happy that you're still playing BF4 and that many did not not buy BF1 or have pre-ordered BF5 because they're still happy playing an old game? What is your theory on why this is going on? Did somebody hack into the master BF4 server and cause this virus?
  • DocCuda418
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It shows Dice/EA have a DDOS problem and that's huge. That's news. If an upset teen can take down EA servers so easy there is no point renting a server. If it trashes BF4 the last thing I will do is buy BF5. If BF5 develops into a great game and the fanbase is sticking around I may purchase it because I was always impressed EA stuck around to fix and support BF4.

• Sgt_Malle
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DocCuda418 wrote: »
    It shows Dice/EA have a DDOS problem and that's huge. That's news. If an upset teen can take down EA servers so easy there is no point renting a server. If it trashes BF4 the last thing I will do is buy BF5. If BF5 develops into a great game and the fanbase is sticking around I may purchase it because I was always impressed EA stuck around to fix and support BF4.

Those problems are well-known for a long time. DICE and EA did not really fix many things, did they?
    Hacks with server crasher tools from years ago can still kill every server, only thing you have to do is joining a server with it. And they are aware of the problem.
    The seeders, also well-known and according to many server providers and a twitter statement they are working on it since over 6 months...
    Kinda weird that fixing a bug takes them longer than developing a new game!

The only time I can remember that DICE/EA was acting fast is when BF4DB found a way to keep cheaters out of official servers.
    Guess that should tell it all, right? They protect their cheating customers, so that they buy the next Battlefield game, and cheat again (although they will never officially tell you that)...
  • Marten2018
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yesterday I got my refund back from my server provider again.

This is a refund that has been received again from Sep 15, Yes, we bought the server for 3 months again on Sep 30th.

In the period of use that was not more than one month yesterday, We turn off the server again.

During the past 20 days, Our server does not have a ghost account like the United States.

But when the 64 slot account is playing on the server, Our servers often crash.

I can only say that there are some people in Asia who are deliberately targeted attacks on other servers, The reason for the attack is simple.

Server attackers in Asia are just try to make more VIP costs, and they will only launch attacks in these two years.

Many server owners are wasting money every month every day, But his server is almost always working every day. (In addition to possible retaliatory attacks)

I can only say that the server software is a serious security vulnerability, If it is already determined, but not willing to fix it.

This is a criminal act, Like Microsoft, like Facebook, because of security vulnerability, it may cost a lot of compensation.

I just want to say that many of them are server owners, Our server is definitely not free.

But our servers are being attacked every day. Isn't that a loss on behalf of our property?

My suggestion is that if EA and DICE are not willing to fix the server software, We will jointly launch an event that refuses to buy Battlefield V.

The reason is very simple, When EA takes control of the server in Battlefield 1, At least in Asia, cheating is quite serious.

Cheating tools can be obtained very easily, Developers of cheating tools advertise that their cheating tools will not be detected "FairFight"

If Battlefield V is also the same server environment, I do not think it will go even outstanding than Battlefield 4, If so, would your enjoy being cheated?

I can only say that EA owes us too much, Because we are not players, we are server owners, We should be treated properly.
  • Epit4pH51
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To me it's simple now. The fact that EA nor DICE will not give any answer nor feedback to the server renters, shows that they don't give ANYTHING about your dedication. They just want your and our money. No effort is being taken to solve this issue. It kills servers and that's exactly what they want. Indeed let's hope BF5 will be a total failure. Like BF4 when it was released. I'm sure you remember what a total disaster it was at the start when the full game was released. Because they don't give anything about our player base, they only thing we can do is at least not pre-order BF5. I wanted to use some stronger words, but i am not sure whether yhey have some snowflake sjw filter on the comments that will delete this comment before posting it.
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    no filter but if you want to make straight up crap posts posting about snowflake sjw nonsense, then your posts will be removed.

I have nop information on this issue, it was raised, thats the last I heard of it.
  • -Antares65z
    1611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA stopped supporting BF4 awhile ago and they're not going to fix the problem. Time to move on to a new game, which is EXACTLY what they want you to do. Software companies don't support their older products forever.
  • Sgt_Malle
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA stopped supporting BF4 awhile ago and they're not going to fix the problem. Time to move on to a new game, which is EXACTLY what they want you to do. Software companies don't support their older products forever.

True that! But BF1 and BF5 are both ****...

It just gets very bad when the DICE Multiplayer producer posts in twitter that they are working on a fix and nothing happens.
    But well, some guys at DICE/EA also recommended people to not buy BF5 and I am following their advice ;)

So all let's just hope the developers of WW3 realize how many players and communities they can bring to their game if they implement it properly and do care about them.
  • Marten2018
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Anyway, I just made a final warning with EA customer service.

If DICE is not willing to fix security vulnerabilities for BF4 server software, At least in Taiwan, I will launch an event that refuses to buy Battlefield V.

Because of the experience of Battlefield 1 in Asia, maybe there is no server attack problem, But the problem from China cheating players is out of control.

If BFV no longer uses PRoCon to block cheating players, Just like the current Battlefield 1 is not worth buy, If so, why waste money?
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Why do you think its propoganda? Do you think EA is happy that you're still playing BF4 and that many did not not buy BF1 or have pre-ordered BF5 because they're still happy playing an old game? What is your theory on why this is going on? Did somebody hack into the master BF4 server and cause this virus?

Because there is no PROOF to backup your preposterous claims.
  • -Antares65z

What's so "preposterous" about my claim? Is it too far fetched to think that a company would do this?

• Sgt_Malle

What's so "preposterous" about my claim? Is it too far fetched to think that a company would do this?

Well at least we can conclude that they let it happen because after all they want BF4 to die...
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    @JepJep01 this is probably new for Dice and EA because they've never seen something like this on any other games of theirs, but the only time I've ever heard about something like this is in Team Fortress Two, Max Box a decent youtube from the TF2 community explains things like this from the perspective of TF2. however, this is just explaining what they are and not always how to deal with them, he calls them cat bots and lag bots. don't take this as gospel, but I hope he helps you understand how the hackers do it.

and

• D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2018

Why do you think its propaganda? Do you think EA is happy that you're still playing BF4 and that many did not buy BF1 or have pre-ordered BF5 because they're still happy playing an old game? What is your theory on why this is going on? Did somebody hack into the master BF4 server and cause this virus?

Because there is no PROOF to back up your preposterous claims.

What's so "preposterous" about my claim? Is it too far-fetched to think that a company would do this?

DC and Marvel does things like this all the time to be able to boost ratings for their movies and to diminish competitor's movies ratings, so something like this is not too far off, I mean maybe not to the extent of paying people to make tons upon tons of bot to lag individual servers, but as an example; Activision stopped upkeeping/updating their servers for both BO1 and BO2, though it seems that BO1 is living longer than BO2, that's beside the point though. Dice and EA have stopped upkeeping/updating a while ago on BF3 and BF4, that also means their eyes on reports of hackers and boosters has stopped too (though people have been relying on punk buster from I believe BF3 though maybe shorter or longer I really don't know, because EA SUCKS at busting hackers and boosters) so DICE and EA trying to kill BF3 and BF4 to get their players to go play BF1 and BF5 would make sense to me, since it's a common business practice for any gaming company that has competitive multiplayer or just P.V.P, in general, to have more people use or play their newest game or product, Also more evidence that companies want people to use their newest product, we all know that phone companies create updates for their old phones to make them slow and to have more problems, so again not that uncommon of a business practice.
    Post edited by D-1884 on
  • tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm curious . . .
    What happens if NO ONE (or scant few) bothers to rent Servers in BF5 because of this long-uncorrected carry-over(?) 'problem'?
    Are we then left with an 'obligatorily-supplied' sea of Official Servers to try to play on , with ALL of those 'extra problems' that we know THEY have?
    . . .
    . .
    That can't be right
    I must've read this
    thread (that won't go away)
    wrong .
  • iDF-Hagenees
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some folks here have watched to much Hollywood movies about complot theorys. All this talk about "EA is responsible" or "EA dosen't care about us BF4 players". They solved almost all problems! Hackers/cheaters will be around in every game. Sometimes these hacks/cheats are more advanced then others so it will take more time to solve it.

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    Some folks here witness first hand how much gets 'fixed'. Nothing.
    The only response on one of the issues was in april (tweet). Saying there would come one. Where is it?
    Those issues are pretty much pre-fixed by the community but EA ignores it. Even when it's spoonfed to them.