Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Simply shotgun sucked in BF4 due to inconsistent spread the pellet spread need to change.

Ghetto allowed for a more skilled OHK across all ranges which upsets the easy kill brigade of assault rifle users in BF4 just like Sweet spot for SMG in BF1.
    Also this is a blatant lie. You just used the wrong shotguns with the wrong attachments if thats the case
    Really wrong shotgun/attachment 555, pellet spread was random across the spread cone which allowed all pellets to group together and miss.
    Pellets could not pass around stair handles.

No shotgun/attachment was immune.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember just lighting up the place with frag rounds with shotguns in BF4. Those things were pretty crazy.

I can't really remember using shotguns much in BF3.

I know in BC2 the Saiga with slug rounds was basically a hipfire semi-auto sniper rifle that could easily kill at long ranges.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I remember just lighting up the place with frag rounds with shotguns in BF4. Those things were pretty crazy.

I know in BC2 the Saiga with slug rounds was basically a hipfire semi-auto sniper rifle that could easily kill at long ranges.

BFBC2 did a good ballance. From the VSS to M95, the highest and slowest ROF sniper are all not just viable but competitive. About slugs, i love slugs because it make shotguns useful.

I mean, most commercial shotguns IRL have 50m of effective range. I hate hit someone at 15m on BF1 and deal only 10 damage. I really wanna see dragon breath on a BF game. Shotguns are another type of weapon that receive a lot of hate. Apparently any non fully auto weapon receive hate...
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Sniping seemed the same to me. It was pretty easy to hit enemies.

I'm a craptacular sniper and I had no problem getting kills in the beta. The only time I was annoyed was when I no-scoped some guy right in the chest at a few yards range and yet he killed me anyway--point blank like that should be a OHK. It also seemed to me that a lot of my deaths were from some sniper whose location was a mystery to me, but he could still put me down with one shot. A lot of this is whining from full-time snipers, the same guys who've been asking for scope glint to be removed forever, they just want it all their way. If snipers are really weak in BF V, okay, play a different class (but you know they'll be staring into scopes anyway despite all their complaining).
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Frag rounds with full choke on the Saiga in BF4 was crazy. Was like having and automatic grenade launcher.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm a craptacular sniper and I had no problem getting kills in the beta. The only time I was annoyed was when I no-scoped some guy right in the chest at a few yards range and yet he killed me anyway--point blank like that should be a OHK. It also seemed to me that a lot of my deaths were from some sniper whose location was a mystery to me, but he could still put me down with one shot. A lot of this is whining from full-time snipers, the same guys who've been asking for scope glint to be removed forever, they just want it all their way. If snipers are really weak in BF V, okay, play a different class (but you know they'll be staring into scopes anyway despite all their complaining).

I think much of this is actually complaints from people who want the rifles to be better for objective play (aka, not staring down scopes) if you actually read the thread. It's just ridiculous that some of the slowest firing weapons in the game hit for a measly 60 damage at point blank range. When the damage is that low, it's not even worth using them with iron sights to play the objective. The balancing practically forces you to be the kind of player that just sits back staring down your scope.

Also, I've never suggested I wanted scope glint removed. I have suggested making its intensity scale to range though. Or in other words:
    * if you're close to your target - no glint
    * if you're at medium distance from your target - dim glint
    * if you're at long distance from your target - bright glint

That way it still achieves its purpose of preventing long ranged snipers from being completely hidden, while not essentially being the same as being permanently 3D spotted every time you aim down your scope when you're within reasonable view of the enemy.
  • Snookray
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    doing 50-60 damage all the time is not fun at all.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snookray wrote: »
    doing 50-60 damage all the time is not fun at all.

I thought the Scout class was still pretty fun to use but I agree, can't even get counts as kill off a 60.
  • Neil_Enbob
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sniping felt extremely rewarding in early access. Sniping in BF1 was too similar to COD, over simplistic. I've been playing the BF franchise since the beginning, sniping in BFV is a throwback to earlier BF games. Sniping feels skill based again and the damage is fine. A good Recon aims for the head!

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Neil_Enbob wrote: »
    Sniping felt extremely rewarding in early access. Sniping in BF1 was too similar to COD, over simplistic. I've been playing the BF franchise since the beginning, sniping in BFV is a throwback to earlier BF games. Sniping feels skill based again and the damage is fine. A good Recon aims for the head!

Ya okay, well tell that to all the people who don't have to aim for the head for easy kills lol. All these kiddies will be humping hills a mile away from anything going for those head shots and doing nothing for the team. Bf4 had marshmallow shooters but they still were effective in 2 ways, a headshot and sweet spot.

I also have played battlefield since the beginning and I can firmly say any scouts on anyone's team in this game will most likely be useless at all times, just what we needed for the forums, more Scouts ruin my time threads.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love all the people who try to justify rifle strength by saying they want it to be realistic.

This is said while they want to be mobile and standing...

Please try firing a high powered rifle IRL while standing and not taking the time to zero your target. Let me know how that realism works out for you.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    I love all the people who try to justify rifle strength by saying they want it to be realistic.

Please try firing a high powered rifle IRL while standing and not taking the time to zero your target. Let me know how that realism works out for you.

About as well as hosing someone down with automatics I suspect, or realism only apply to the Scout class?
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    Many players (like the commenter above you) don't want the scout class to be good at their role under any circumstance.

Unfortunately, with such an immature community full of hatred for one class, we have no chance of getting a good game.

<removed>
  • HardAimedKid

About as well as hosing someone down with automatics I suspect, or realism only apply to the Scout class?

Yeah right? Cause lmgs are so easy to run around with and sustain fire accurately with right? :D
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My point is cherry picking “realism” is ridiculous. Obviously none of the weapons work like they do in real life so stop trying to make that arguement for bolt action rifles.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018

Yeah right? Cause lmgs are so easy to run around with and sustain fire accurately with right? :D

I've shot a 1940s era SMG and that thing was shai-something alright, it felt like I was lobbing those bullets on target. I thought a gun would make me feel powerful, with that thing not so much and that was a supposedly good SMG, this one; https://warisboring.com/the-swedish-k-submachine-gun-was-so-great-that-the-americans-couldnt-help-but-copy-it/
  • Sixclicks
    sniping in BFV is a throwback to earlier BF games.

Not really. They're weaker than BF2, BF3, and BF4 bolt actions.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Headshotting is a lot easier in this game
  • Sixclicks
    edited November 2018

Headshotting is a lot easier in this game

It's actually the same head hitbox that BF4 had.

I would argue it's a lot harder considering the movement speed and how much ADAD spam there is. Especially with the upgrade for your weapon that increases your movement speed while aiming by 60%. It's only really easier for stationary targets or targets who are moving in a straight line, but in a firefight most players strafe back and forth. Good luck landing a headshot on them as they zoom back and forth very quickly with no inertia limitations.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To those who are saying that BA rifles are fine, please post a video, where you are playing with BA rifle, helping to capture the objectives and not camping. One condition: it should be on console and big game mode (30 Hz, Conquest or Operation)