Teaser: BFV Dev Talks #4 - The Audio of Battlefield V

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Who doesn't love a mean machine gun? Such iconic firearms with those distinct mechanical devastation sounds are ones that our audio team at DICE took extra care in capturing for Battlefield V, along with the sounds of every weapon, vehicle, and foley bite you hear in the game.

We've posted a teaser on Reddit showcasing a glimpse into tomorrow's Battlefield V Dev Talks episode that will focus on the audio of Battlefield V, which will go live on the Battlefield YouTube.

Comments

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hold on a minute here...are you telling me that those guy's got paid to do that?! Sign me up! 😆
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Yup! I can get used to that.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Congrats on going gold guy's and gals of dice👍. One step closer to a hot shower and some sleep for you lol.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cant wait for new dev talk vid,
    mp sounds great :)
    reloading and tapping sounds :)
    the more real sounds and less sound cues for ribbons, kill feed or flags the better. 👍
  • nifod
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just a question about the new 3D headphones setting at the end of the dev talk. Is this option the best to get "directional" feeling where footsteps and firing come from? Why would u use other presets? I would love to know which is the best setting for directional feeling. Thanks
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sound design has always been top quality in each bf game I remember. Good to know Dice did an amazing job once again.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Totally off topic, but I love the Cannibal Corpse shirt that Andreas is repping in the Dev Talk <3 Glad to see some fellow metalheads on the DICE team. Then again, arent you guys up in Sweden really just one big metal band :P
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    nifod wrote: »
    Just a question about the new 3D headphones setting at the end of the dev talk. Is this option the best to get "directional" feeling where footsteps and firing come from? Why would u use other presets? I would love to know which is the best setting for directional feeling. Thanks

Yeah, 3D hp is binaural sound they reproduced in game with some software, and that will be the best option if you use headphones.
    If you have 2 floorstanders you will be better of with stereo, bc they produce 3d imaging with wide soundstage if you sit in a sweetspot.
    But hps are lacking wide soundstage so they can get that pinpoint 3d imaging in wider soundstage (out of head) with binaural recordings.

I just watched the video, these guys are crazy i would freeze my **** off for a month to hear that v2 rocket engine,
    probably the most fun job at dice. They shoot mgs, they ride v2 rocket and blow stuff :D
    And that stuka sound, i don't like to fly in bf games but first thing i will do in BFv is get in stuka and nosedive.
  • CAPTAlN__ARABIA
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    The good old days :'(

and just here the audio <3

• warslag
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This dev talk was miles better than the other ones. When they discussed the theme music at the beginning it put Battlefield into perspective. Then the V2 powered snowmobile change my perception of the game completely. I used to think the V2 rocket feature in BFV was silly. Seeing how far the devs will got to make Battlefield has completely changed my view of things.

Andreas and Bence go to a lot of effort to make Battlefield and I was impressed with Bence's reaction when he talked about '3D headphones', which sounds like an exciting new feature.

I don't link the way Battlefield is sold with the way it's made so much which makes it easier to like the game itself.