so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    It’s not just BFV though.
    BF1, BF4 ... any excuse to wrap something around a face.
    Are they shy of drawing mouths or something.

ask Rob Liefeld, he created Deadpool cuz he was tired of drawing faces and expressions, lol.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll wait till it's on sale for 20 bucks if I buy it at all. I need a game that comes with support. Too bad dice can't make a game that runs as well as it looks. Bye Felicia

almost every BF game is a mess at launch, it's expected by now, however, DICE does support the games, BF4 runs great now, and it's very easy to find full servers and good players.
  • Rufusw5
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I check in here every now and again to see what the discussion is, always a 'So are you going to buy it?' topic near the top of the forum.
    I've lost all interest in battlefield, not because of BFV, just because I've had enough of FPS games least for now.

I had the same thing with racing games, I loved Gran Turismo, but after the 3rd Forza and 3rd Forza horizon withna smattering of good rally games in between, these days I just don't have the interest in driving games.

I wonder if a similar thing is the reason BFV has so many people either on the fence or in the 'Not buying it camp.

There have been 6 BF games that I can think of, and 4 of them I really enjoyed. And that's just the Battlefield Franchise.. BF1 had some annoyances, but is a genuinely great game. Hard act to follow, especially so quickly.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

WW3...

Looks pretty decent, though the guns really do sound pretty flat.

At least this game will probably not have as many bugs as BF4 ... you have to try pretty hard to beat BF4's bug-fest mess these days.
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

WW3...

That game looks pretty good. It does look a bit generic at the same time, though. It had the greyness of BF1, the red dot in the scope was like the dot in the M4 of BF2, the UI was like BF3/4. It looks like a rip-off.
    Rufusw5 wrote: »
    I check in here every now and again to see what the discussion is, always a 'So are you going to buy it?' topic near the top of the forum.
    I've lost all interest in battlefield, not because of BFV, just because I've had enough of FPS games least for now.

I had the same thing with racing games, I loved Gran Turismo, but after the 3rd Forza and 3rd Forza horizon withna smattering of good rally games in between, these days I just don't have the interest in driving games.

I wonder if a similar thing is the reason BFV has so many people either on the fence or in the 'Not buying it camp.

There have been 6 BF games that I can think of, and 4 of them I really enjoyed. And that's just the Battlefield Franchise.. BF1 had some annoyances, but is a genuinely great game. Hard act to follow, especially so quickly.

Yep, it's all getting very samey. We need something new like a new controller or VR to shake it all up.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »

Yep, it's all getting very samey. We need something new like a new controller or VR to shake it all up.

Have you tried playing a full-blown racing sim? They're quite different from simcade titles like Forza and Gran Turismo, so if you're looking for a game with a much steeper learning curve, you can try something like rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa. Of course, these titles should be played on PC, and if you've got the money, you can even try VR with Assetto Corsa.

Avoid Project Cars 1 and 2 like the plague, though.

I've recently bought Forza Horizon 4, which is quite a strange thing for me, since I was a hardcore Gran Turismo fanboy when I was young. However, Forza Horizon is pretty much the only good street racing game out right now. Need for Speed has dropped the ball since NFS Most Wanted 2012. The current NFS developers, Ghost Games, announced a new NFS title for 2019. I was briefly interested, before they said that they actually quite like the brake-to-drift driving model that they've been using since HP2010. Right then and there, I said, "Screw this, I'm buying goddamned Forza Horizon ...".
  • FearNoTears
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This video looks better
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Have you tried playing a full-blown racing sim? They're quite different from simcade titles like Forza and Gran Turismo, so if you're looking for a game with a much steeper learning curve, you can try something like rFactor 2 or Assetto Corsa. Of course, these titles should be played on PC, and if you've got the money, you can even try VR with Assetto Corsa.

Avoid Project Cars 1 and 2 like the plague, though.

I've recently bought Forza Horizon 4, which is quite a strange thing for me, since I was a hardcore Gran Turismo fanboy when I was young. However, Forza Horizon is pretty much the only good street racing game out right now. Need for Speed has dropped the ball since NFS Most Wanted 2012. The current NFS developers, Ghost Games, announced a new NFS title for 2019. I was briefly interested, before they said that they actually quite like the brake-to-drift driving model that they've been using since HP2010. Right then and there, I said, "Screw this, I'm buying goddamned Forza Horizon ...".

I played Gran Turismo up to 5. It was a really good game with great music. But I've had it with GT. I've done enough laps down the years.

The driving I have enjoyed the most in recent years has been in GTA V, and the APC in BF3 (especially on Markaz Monolith). Of course they nerfed the APC.

I was looking at Forza Horizon but there are a few games I'm thinking about including BLOPS 4 which now looks a bit rubbish. I might get BFV. I hope I'm wrong about it.

This video looks better

That video is amazing. I just worry that it's not going be a particularly good game and cheating is a worry.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ZombieP1ow wrote: »
    I'll wait till it's on sale for 20 bucks if I buy it at all. I need a game that comes with support. Too bad dice can't make a game that runs as well as it looks. Bye Felicia

almost every BF game is a mess at launch, it's expected by now, however, DICE does support the games, BF4 runs great now, and it's very easy to find full servers and good players.

Are you serious? How old is bf4? And now it runs well! Having some idiot oversees telling you it's your fault bf1 doesn't run well and reading responses off some premade list is not good support. It's like buying are beautiful car that runs sometimes then you bring it in to dealer and they give you the run around over and over for couple yrs before they get it almost drivable. Then want you to buy the newest shiny model. It's pathetic what folks are ok with putting up with. How is it that we have all these technologies but these multibillion dollar companies can't make games that work correctly. We landed dudes on the freakin moon 60 plus yes ago but I can't get on a stable server! It's not just dice it's the gaming industry as a whole just doesn't do right by their customers.
  • VincentNZ
    2697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieP1ow wrote: »

Are you serious? How old is bf4? And now it runs well! Having some idiot oversees telling you it's your fault bf1 doesn't run well and reading responses off some premade list is not good support. It's like buying are beautiful car that runs sometimes then you bring it in to dealer and they give you the run around over and over for couple yrs before they get it almost drivable. Then want you to buy the newest shiny model. It's pathetic what folks are ok with putting up with. How is it that we have all these technologies but these multibillion dollar companies can't make games that work correctly. We landed dudes on the freakin moon 60 plus yes ago but I can't get on a stable server! It's not just dice it's the gaming industry as a whole just doesn't do right by their customers.

I can't really agree. BF3 and 4 for me had no real issues at launch. Both played crisp, were well optimised and low on crashes. It was the same for my mates, but I acknowledge that many people experienced issues with BF4. The first problems that came up for me were with BF1 and that mostly boils down to 64p servers and the inclusion of Origin into the game's main frame. The party system would just not work properly. Still the game was very well optimised for my older rig, and the servers ran decent, as long as not too many players with bad connections joined. BFV ran very smooth in the first Alpha on the same rig, and decently in the beta after I turned off DX12. Again many problems stem from the sheer amount of players not the servers themselves. Ah and the likely bad server infrastructure that will force people onto servers not in their region with no way to keep them out.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 launch had hosed matchmaking while BF1 was a smooth launch for me.
  • Ikkenmajo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm not buying. It's probably the same as BF1 where the multiplayer is full of hackers and cheaters. And it's gets boring after a while : running from A to B and C, and then back to A and B and C, and so on. Just to play it in Campaign to enjoy the nice graphics, the price is too high. Maybe after a year, when you can get the game for a third of the original price, maybe I buy.
  • StormSaxon
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

Yeah. Me too. So ****. Worst battlefield so far.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ikkenmajo wrote: »
    I'm not buying. It's probably the same as BF1 where the multiplayer is full of hackers and cheaters. And it's gets boring after a while : running from A to B and C, and then back to A and B and C, and so on. Just to play it in Campaign to enjoy the nice graphics, the price is too high. Maybe after a year, when you can get the game for a third of the original price, maybe I buy.

I got BF1 for $6.24 AU that's the most I will pay for any EA game in the future. Might limit it to $10 but I'm not spending more money on EA games all because of an unfair ban by Evenbalance for banning my account and providing no proof to support their ban.
  • Skill4Reel
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am definitely going to buy this game at some point because the Battlefield series is a huge part of my video game playing time, but will I pre-order? Heck no. There is still too much moving forward to this game from Battlefield 1 that I am not sure about.
  • VincentNZ
    2697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

I always wondered why my experience and that of my mates was so different. I stated here that I only had issues with Mantle for a day or two with psychedelic colours and frame drops. I also had a few deaths that could be blamed on netcode, but could just as well be false perception from my end. I had way more issues with BF1 with lag spikes, FPS drops and a generally sloppy and uncrisp feel to the game, which could be explained my older rig and the mandatory 64 players. I also had more crashs than before.
    In BF3 and 4 I only played on favourite servers and very rarely through quick play. Also I maybe played with 64 players a dozen of times combined. So I do wonder if that is why my game experience was so much better at any given time than that of so many other players.
    -
    In general I must say that the BF franchise is very well-optimised and the engine as well as the servers handle the amount of players and action decently.
  • warslag
    After watching the latest dev talk on audio my doomsday clock of BFV purchasing has moved from 6pm to 8pm.
  • VincentNZ
    After watching the latest dev talk on audio my doomsday clock of BFV purchasing has moved from 6pm to 8pm.

Would you elaborate on that? I haven't seen it yet.