so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• warslag
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    After watching the latest dev talk on audio my doomsday clock of BFV purchasing has moved from 6pm to 8pm.

Would you elaborate on that? I haven't seen it yet.

There's a thread about it with some links.
  • LedWeappelin
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After watching the latest dev talk on audio my doomsday clock of BFV purchasing has moved from 6pm to 8pm.

I agree. I've always liked videos like this from EA going into detail.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

I always wondered why my experience and that of my mates was so different. I stated here that I only had issues with Mantle for a day or two with psychedelic colours and frame drops. I also had a few deaths that could be blamed on netcode, but could just as well be false perception from my end. I had way more issues with BF1 with lag spikes, FPS drops and a generally sloppy and uncrisp feel to the game, which could be explained my older rig and the mandatory 64 players. I also had more crashs than before.
    In BF3 and 4 I only played on favourite servers and very rarely through quick play. Also I maybe played with 64 players a dozen of times combined. So I do wonder if that is why my game experience was so much better at any given time than that of so many other players.
    -
    In general I must say that the BF franchise is very well-optimised and the engine as well as the servers handle the amount of players and action decently.

BF4 with all its problems had more regional servers, and after mem leak patch and mouse fix for pc, BF4 was in better shape for me than BF1 on Ireland/french servers. I spent first 30-40 hours in BF1 trying to get stable fps, there was no low ping servers at all for my region.
    I was trying all kind of fixes to make sli work, to stop UI from flickering, to stop rubber banding and lag, and bad hitreg and instant TTD etc It was pain and i got new PC with latest best hardware just for the BF1, so it was first BF game i deleted soon after its release.
    Probably players who lived near servers had better experience.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sound guys from dice never disappoint. I always felt pumped from sound in bf games.
    If we could have option to disable sound cues of death, kill, capturing flag etc like we can disable background music, it would be great so we can just enjoy sound around us.
  • VincentNZ
    1968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

I always wondered why my experience and that of my mates was so different. I stated here that I only had issues with Mantle for a day or two with psychedelic colours and frame drops. I also had a few deaths that could be blamed on netcode, but could just as well be false perception from my end. I had way more issues with BF1 with lag spikes, FPS drops and a generally sloppy and uncrisp feel to the game, which could be explained my older rig and the mandatory 64 players. I also had more crashs than before.
    In BF3 and 4 I only played on favourite servers and very rarely through quick play. Also I maybe played with 64 players a dozen of times combined. So I do wonder if that is why my game experience was so much better at any given time than that of so many other players.
    -
    In general I must say that the BF franchise is very well-optimised and the engine as well as the servers handle the amount of players and action decently.

BF4 with all its problems had more regional servers, and after mem leak patch and mouse fix for pc, BF4 was in better shape for me than BF1 on Ireland/french servers. I spent first 30-40 hours in BF1 trying to get stable fps, there was no low ping servers at all for my region.
    I was trying all kind of fixes to make sli work, to stop UI from flickering, to stop rubber banding and lag, and bad hitreg and instant TTD etc It was pain and i got new PC with latest best hardware just for the BF1, so it was first BF game i deleted soon after its release.
    Probably players who lived near servers had better experience.

Well I live in Germany and I suppose most central european servers are located in Frankfurt, which did net me a ping of 20ish at all times, I did play my share on British servers or even russian servers a lot with pings of 60-80 and never experienced any issues for both BF3 and 4, apart from rare circumstances and having a couple of people with higher pings never hurt either unless it was in the range of 400 or something.
    That probably didn't change for BF1 either, but with the doubled playercount (for me), a less suited rig and the inability to notice where the server was located that I was playing on, it certainly dropped not in performance but gaming experience. Everything just felt sluggish and slow etc. and I saw a massive increase of players with a ping of 100+ as well as these icons indicating connection issues on the right part of the screen.

The first alpha of BFV however, despite the flaws, had a very crisp feel to it again which gradually got worse through the second alpha and the beta.
  • MacaqueX

Would you elaborate on that? I haven't seen it yet.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1304242#Comment_1304242
  • RAMBOLIVES
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    nope

want to see if DICE's progress. See if they walk their talks first.
  • I'm so psyched for this game, and audio makes all the difference, I can't wait to hear the 3d audio, audio really makes the world "real". I'm impressed they did so much recording.
    It will be interesting to hear how "foot steps" and enemy player movement translates - I can't count how many times I've ruined a would be club wielding players day when I hear them and turn around and but a few bullets in their head as they are trying to sneak up behind me.
  • Sima7c
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am probably gonna pass on this battlefield
    As far as I saw this battlefield looks more like Cod that battlefield, and what is with weapon progression is it a mobile phone game.
    Many thins I don't like. I liked Battlefield 4 and expected to see something like that after battlefield 1 witch was also disappointing lack of content.
    I also hope for the remastered Red Alert 2 that don't change or add any thing just improve graphics, AI, and models. Because they will kill ti just like they killed every thing after Red Alert 2.
    Westwood studios created Red Alert 2, EA bought them fired them and killed the series.

EA tittles game me a lot a joy years ago but not any more.
  • FearNoTears
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That video is amazing. I just worry that it's not going be a particularly good game and cheating is a worry.
    I worry about servers and ping. Their off to a rough start or more like no start. The game released yesterday as a early access game, but nobody can play it. It's stuck on the loading to server page.
  • frankbama
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Played BF since 1942, always preordered but after BF1 I plan to wait.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No way will I pass on it. I have not been caught up in this hype, I don't know or care what people are complaining / worried about, all I know is that the Battlefield games are incredible and I absolutely can't wait for the newest installment.
    Just wish I knew if hardcore mode will be available at launch, because I wouldn't buy it if it isn't - again.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sound guys from dice never disappoint. I always felt pumped from sound in bf games.
    If we could have option to disable sound cues of death, kill, capturing flag etc like we can disable background music, it would be great so we can just enjoy sound around us.

Hey great idea man, that would make for an even more immersive experience! I also love and applaud the sounds in these games :)
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    frankbama wrote: »
    Played BF since 1942, always preordered but after BF1 I plan to wait.

pretty sure that's where im at also.
  • TropicPoison
    2185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm still planning on getting it since idc about the br firestorm crap, but I'm sure they definitely lost quite a bit of sales with their roadmap.
  • Beyonslay95
    3 postsMember Member
    edited February 20
    personally I do not think I will buy this new battlefield. I have not really been conquered or convinced. I will see after its release but I'm not sure. I think I’ll pass on this Battlefield.

418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sima7c wrote: »
    I am probably gonna pass on this battlefield
    As far as I saw this battlefield looks more like Cod that battlefield, and what is with weapon progression is it a mobile phone game.
    Many thins I don't like. I liked Battlefield 4 and expected to see something like that after battlefield 1 witch was also disappointing lack of content.
    I also hope for the remastered Red Alert 2 that don't change or add any thing just improve graphics, AI, and models. Because they will kill ti just like they killed every thing after Red Alert 2.
    Westwood studios created Red Alert 2, EA bought them fired them and killed the series.

EA tittles game me a lot a joy years ago but not any more.

Personally I found BF4 to be the most COD version of the game I’ve played.
    BF1 was a step in the right direction. BFV looks likely to be the most bf game in a long time.

• Yes. I will buy it. The beta=deeper level of fun than any other BF for me (besides BC2).
  • warslag
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've gone off it slightly now that I'm concerned about future 'content'. My doomsday clock for purchasing is back down to 6pm. At 12 midnight I will buy BFV. It's gonna be a long day.