Battlefield V is this true about Min 6 core cpu?

BACKYARDBULLY38
265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Been following the hype, saw a few videos on youtube claiming BF5 needs at the min of 6 core CPU for best performance? Just kind of curious if this is true and if so im thinking i may getting the new 9900k or bigger. Any tips on best bang for the buck?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the beta is anything to go by, I was running Ultra 1080p on an old FX8350 CPU... Though I suppose if you're looking to be doing 4K or something you're probably going to need more.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I ran it fine on an i5 3500 which is my bottleneck. Surprised how well it ran.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    If the beta is anything to go by, I was running Ultra 1080p on an old FX8350 CPU... Though I suppose if you're looking to be doing 4K or something you're probably going to need more.

I have a 6700k, 4 cores 8threads, I saw a video Lunis Tec tips, He said BF5 is CPU demanding and give or take you need higher core count if i understand correctly. My rig plays fine but i been planning on Getting a more powerful CPU just to stay ahead of the game. Just don't want to spend more than i need to. https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/battlefield-5-armageddon/13374 something i also read