Weekly Debrief

What gun will you miss when we move to BFV?

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
For me.. it’s the RSC 1917

For me this gun took the longest to learn but reaped the best rewards!

Nothing beats it in terms of a skill ceiling and once you reach that point where you are comfortable with it and have faith in your aim, you feel invinsible at almost any range!

It will be a sad day when I put this little lady down for the final time.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me.. it’s the RSC 1917

For me this gun took the longest to learn but reaped the best rewards!

Nothing beats it in terms of a skill ceiling and once you reach that point where you are comfortable with it and have faith in your aim, you feel invinsible at almost any range!

It will be a sad day when I put this little lady down for the final time.

Did you know the RSC is coming along to BFV as well? Same with the AL8, they're both going to make appearances in V

For me, its probably going to be the 1906 and then the Carcano. The 1906 was my first "main" waaaaaay back in the early days of BF1. Once I ground Medic to level 10, I was blown away by the accuracy the 1906 offered.
  • CSO7777
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper-rifles. Even though the sweetspot is over the top, the bullet speed of the snipers in BF1 is nice. The feeling of making headshots with the M95 is really a highlight of BF1.

In BFV they are back to being soft-guns like BF4.

But then again, the DMR's in BFV feels much better than in BF1 and recon can use some of them.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do we know what class will get the RSC and autoloading 8 ?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm not entirely sure, it's been a while since I've seen the weapon list. Since they have both "Semi-auto" and "self-loading" but are somewhat separate: I think the larger magazine, less overall accuracy (like 1916 Selby) will go to the Assault class and they're calling these the "Semi-autos"
    while the more shallow mag, high accuracy weapons (ZH-29 and I would think RSC) would be designated "Self loading" and go to Recon
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Obrez...... nothing says “you got wrecked” more than that side arm. Especially in the hands of a scout lol.

I’m hoping to hit 90 service stars before bfV launches. I’m at 86* right now
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol I ain’t moving
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    None, I never clicked with a weapon. Too much horizontal recoil and deviation for me to learn a pattern.

The M.95 was my favorite, but TTK2.0 sort of ruined that. It made aggressive Scouting way less viable. The Huot is probably my favorite now because of how accurate and tame the recoil is. Feels kind of cheap, if used properly.
  • PhantomDJ
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The wine bottle.
  • mav_smileyface
    How come some of you have decided not to buy bfv?
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure, it's been a while since I've seen the weapon list. Since they have both "Semi-auto" and "self-loading" but are somewhat separate: I think the larger magazine, less overall accuracy (like 1916 Selby) will go to the Assault class and they're calling these the "Semi-autos"
    while the more shallow mag, high accuracy weapons (ZH-29 and I would think RSC) would be designated "Self loading" and go to Recon

Scout class is getting the RSC and Model 8 according to the weapon list.

--

I'm going to miss a quite a few guns but most notably the Cei-Rigotti and Autoloading 8.25 extended.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How come some of you have decided not to buy bfv?
    There's always a few players that get attached to a game and refuse to move on. I just doubt that BF1 will have as many diehards as previous games. But who knows, the fact that BF1 has been on sale and its DLCs have been free might give it life for while yet, especially since BFV's gameplay is way less "casual" than BF1's.

I'm still on the fence about BFV myself, just like I was for BF1, but I moved on like most players.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not about attachment. I don't buy a game i don't like. The beta was the test and i didn't enjoy it. But i won't play bf1 for long,maybe here and there.
    The guns i would miss tho,are the martini,1916 and ribey.i feel like i can engage anything with them.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Any bolt action rifle, iron sights was a treat. No I don't think they'll be even remotely viable in BF5.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The guns in the beta have been awfull.. STG partys on every server..so defintly i will miss all guns from bf1
  • OrionPherrit
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Most of my favorites will be back for the sequel, but I’ll be saddened to leave my old friends, the MG14 & Automatico Fantastico behind. MG42 & MP40 will probably be worthy replacements. I don’t see PPSh41 or the grease gun on the list — maybe they’re being saved for a future add-on module.

Still undecided about BFVictory, though. Definitely won’t miss Hellrigger. I mean c’mon, a failed prototype shouldn’t be so dominant in a historical campaign. That’s like a modern shooter where every1 is using the XM8. :#

Surprisingly, M1 Garand didn’t make the initial cut either. Hopefully, it will show up eventually. No WW2 game would be complete without the Ping Patrol reporting for duty! :p
    Post edited by OrionPherrit on
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    The Obrez...... nothing says “you got wrecked” more than that side arm. Especially in the hands of a scout lol.

I have a feeling Liberator is going to replace Orbez in bfv.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I have a feeling Liberator is going to replace Orbez in bfv.

If it does I’ll use it, wasn’t sure if it be a kolibri style troll weapon or not.
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Primary: M1909 Benét-Mercié storm.

Reminds me of the smg from metro 2033. Very accurate for long range engagments, decent reload speed, and a steady reliable firerate. Also my first primary that got a legendary skin.

Secondary: mars automatic.

It was dependable, just wish every class could have it.
  • DaMutha1
    1228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Farquhar